We could lose 20% of small businesses.

Lets hope....lets hope this stimulus helps and the next one if needed....small businesses have more capital on hand than they have had in 10 years....we will be fine...

What's even worse is the stores that will gain from it are the ones
that sell mostly Chinese crap.:mad:
1585380622351.png

In the 80's they changed the antitrust laws and tax codes which gave the green light for vulture capitalists ( private equity and investment firms ) like Bain Capital ( Mitt's old company that swallowed up Toys R Us and a bunch of others). Then by the early 90's the trade deals sealed our fate and the outsourcing began.

Let's hope this guy is wrong.

That's been a worry of mine since we started seeing stay-at-home orders and mandatory business closures. It seems like the sort of thing that could spiral. On the other hand, as I'm neither an economist nor a virologist, I can't say with any certainty what the right balance is between the health of the country and the economy.

Oh, and Karen Mills is a woman. ;)

In the 80's they changed the antitrust laws and tax codes which gave the green light for vulture capitalists ( private equity and investment firms ) like Bain Capital ( Mitt's old company that swallowed up Toys R Us and a bunch of others). Then by the early 90's the trade deals sealed our fate and the outsourcing began.

The Powell Memorandum. The Trilateral Commission publication "A Crisis of Democracy". Bipartisan neoliberal economic policy.

That's been a worry of mine since we started seeing stay-at-home orders and mandatory business closures. It seems like the sort of thing that could spiral. On the other hand, as I'm neither an economist nor a virologist, I can't say with any certainty what the right balance is between the health of the country and the economy.

The data is clear on the body count trajectory, the only reliable data we have given testing capacity shortfall.

The data is clear on the body count trajectory, the only reliable data we have given testing capacity shortfall.
We have the infrastructure in place to bounce back from this
in "a very short period of time, hopefully", to quote President Trump.
Maybe the biggest difference between 1929 and now, if the SHTF for real, is we have 110 million more people whose life expectancy is twice what it was then.

I think the data is too limited to make many confident decisions. :dunno:

The death rate? No, that's pretty clear. And America's trajectory is still not leveling off.

We have the infrastructure in place to bounce back from this
in "a very short period of time, hopefully", to quote President Trump.
Maybe the biggest difference between 1929 and now, if the SHTF for real, is we have 110 million more people whose life expectancy is twice what it was then.
Sure, cool.

10 times the number of 9/11 deaths and counting....

Protecting small and medium enterprises was what some of us have been supporting all along. Just squirting out money to stimulate consumption is ridiculous at this stage. Saving the motor of employment and the families that make up the working class is what should be done.
Banks and financial institutions should take care of themselves.

Our state locked down just about every sm biz from public access, so it's take out, drive through, or call ahead

But that doesn't work for service industry

Construction ,save for em calls, is verbotten.

CARES Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security is all about granting small biz loans

FYI....Most sm biz owners can't collect UI

So you see, the very governance detaining us intent to create more debt for us

that governance, btw, gets a free pass, tax payer check, fat & happy, no worries

the public sector is killing the private sector

so they can kiss my a** , because i'm off to work today!!!!
~S~

The death rate? No, that's pretty clear. And America's trajectory is still not leveling off.

The death rate is based on limited info, and varies from country to country and even state to state. Are the early average death rates of new viruses normally accurate?

I have a work truck, forget the price
It’s got chrome wheels and big fuzzy dice
I work in hotels, tear out the walls
I have accountants invoice it all

They say us sparks make a really good dime
I’m out booking rates just short of a crime
Life's been good to me so far

My Jmen all make a dismal slave wage
They got no biz balls , so screw their outrage
I bought my lady a spankin’ new rack
I lock the doors in case she’s attacked

My profit records, cause they take the bait