We are the 99%

Nov 27, 2008
2309030.jpg

I probably will get flamed for this, but I am begging everyone of this board to at least consider the merits of OWS (Occupy Wall Street). What we have seen for quite some time now is the purposeful division of our society along very few issues. (Gun control, gay marriage, abortion, etc.) At the same time, we have seen the Treasury gutted, our Civil Liberties curtailed, and the normalization of a permanent state of war.

It doesn't matter which vetted politician is in charge, (Obama, Bush, Clinton) we get tossed to the side all the same. Both Bush and Obama bailed out the banks. Obama continues to throw the Bill of Rights out the window.

I am sure everyone knows that the laundry list of problems looks endless, but we must recognize that a many faced monster turns us against each other while reaching into our pocketbooks. These few that attempt to steer hatred of our fellow citizens into our lives have no political agenda, they are only concerned about their own gain, and they win every time a liberal calls a conservative a fascist or a tea bagger, or a conservative calls a liberal a hippie or a commie. These people that we are dealing with at the top are political chameleons who have no interest in the survival of the nation, only the endurance of their egos and pride.

Long live the Republic.

Occupy Wall Street | NYC Protest for American Revolution

"These people that we are dealing with at the top are political chameleons who have no interest in the survival of the nation, only the endurance of their egos and pride."

These people we are dealing with at the bottom, who are trying to bring down the hand that feeds most of them, are doing the GOP a great favor, in the long run. The Independents are watching and guess on whose side they won't wish to be....

2309030.jpg

I probably will get flamed for this, but I am begging everyone of this board to at least consider the merits of OWS (Occupy Wall Street). What we have seen for quite some time now is the purposeful division of our society along very few issues. (Gun control, gay marriage, abortion, etc.) At the same time, we have seen the Treasury gutted, our Civil Liberties curtailed, and the normalization of a permanent state of war.

It doesn't matter which vetted politician is in charge, (Obama, Bush, Clinton) we get tossed to the side all the same. Both Bush and Obama bailed out the banks. Obama continues to throw the Bill of Rights out the window.

I am sure everyone knows that the laundry list of problems looks endless, but we must recognize that a many faced monster turns us against each other while reaching into our pocketbooks. These few that attempt to steer hatred of our fellow citizens into our lives have no political agenda, they are only concerned about their own gain, and they win every time a liberal calls a conservative a fascist or a tea bagger, or a conservative calls a liberal a hippie or a commie. These people that we are dealing with at the top are political chameleons who have no interest in the survival of the nation, only the endurance of their egos and pride.

Long live the Republic.

Just tell us what you plan to replace capitalism with.

"These people that we are dealing with at the top are political chameleons who have no interest in the survival of the nation, only the endurance of their egos and pride."

These people we are dealing with at the bottom, who are trying to bring down the hand that feeds most of them, are doing the GOP a great favor, in the long run. The Independents are watching and guess on whose side they won't wish to be....

Does anyone else have to swallow a little vomit every time one of these nutters tells us that some hand is feeding us?

2309030.jpg

Long live the Republic.

OK,

I agree they have merit. Hey, wHat can I say, I am a 99%er

I'm the 99% too. And you guys do not speak for me. I speak for myself. Pisses me off somewhat when someone hijacks my individual freedom for their fucking left wing agenda.

But... Say Hi to Watermelon Man Van Jones from me.

2309030.jpg

Long live the Republic.

You've asked that before and in a couple different threads now.

Who said anything about replacing capitalism?

2309030.jpg

Long live the Republic.

OK,

I agree they have merit. Hey, wHat can I say, I am a 99%er
They are not the 99%. And if you support them - nor are you.

2309030.jpg

Long live the Republic.

You've asked that before and in a couple different threads now.

Who said anything about replacing capitalism?

The protestors.

2309030.jpg

Long live the Republic.

This is not about replacing capitalism. The economic meltdown had nothing to do with capitalism, only cronyism and corruption. I think liberals and conservatives can both agree on that point. This is about putting the power of representation back into the people's hands.

Don't get me wrong, liberals and conservatives will still tear each other's throats out in the future, but hopefully without someone stealing from us both while we do it.

2309030.jpg

Long live the Republic.

This is not about replacing capitalism. The economic meltdown had nothing to do with capitalism, only cronyism and corruption. I think liberals and conservatives can both agree on that point. This is about putting the power of representation back into the people's hands.

Don't get me wrong, liberals and conservatives will still tear each other's throats out in the future, but hopefully without someone stealing from us both while we do it.

You can fuck off with the "99%" crap then. You are not the 99%. You aren't even .0001%. Get a fucking job. Pay your own way.

I'm the 99% too. And you guys do not speak for me. I speak for myself. Pisses me off somewhat when someone hijacks my individual freedom for their fucking left wing agenda.

But... Say Hi to Watermelon Man Van Jones from me.

How is it part of the left wing agenda to say that there is an immense amount of coordinated corruption in this country from both parties?

You can fuck off with the "99%" crap then. You are not the 99%. You aren't even .0001%. Get a fucking job. Pay your own way.

I am sorry you are so full of hatred and malice. BTW I have a job and am paying my way through college. I hope you are doing well too.

I am sorry you are so full of hatred and malice. BTW I have a job and am paying my way through college. I hope you are doing well too.

:lol: Oh, knock off the overly dramatic claims of 'hate' and 'malice, mule.

I'm doing great - I work, I pay my own way, I don't need anyone to demand that my debts are written off. They are my debts, I will pay them. You - and your asshole puppets - do not speak for me.

Your masters want to overthrow our Republic. We will not stand for that. You tell Watermelon Man that.

Remember this: We Surround You.

2309030.jpg

Long live the Republic.

Oh, if only we had free market capitalism. Right now we have market manipulating dictatorships forced on us by a few greed mongering power brokers.

:lol: Oh, knock off the overly dramatic claims of 'hate' and 'malice, mule.

I'm doing great - I work, I pay my own way, I don't need anyone to demand that my debts are written off. They are my debts, I will pay them. You - and your asshole puppets - do not speak for me.

Your masters want to overthrow our Republic. We will not stand for that. You tell Watermelon Man that.

Remember this: We Surround You.

How do I want to overthrow the Republic, so far you have only tried to insult me. Also, who is Watermelon Man?

And you surround me? Thanks for the support.

Forum List

Back