We are all Commoners in this Country

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

Do other people find this whole Meghan/Harry thing as nauseating as I do? I mean, seriously, who the fuck do they think they are? And why are the Media following them around as though they have ANYTHING worthwhile to say on ANY SUBJECT WHATSOEVER?

Even more nauseating is the idea that the two of them, having no valuable skill or knowledge on anything between them, are planning to "cash in" on their "royal" bona fides. What do they have in mind...a "reality TV" show like the Car-dashers?

Seriously, we need to have a list drawn up somewhere identifying the "famous, for being famous" people in this world, and PROHIBIT media from quoting them or taking their pictures, for any purpose other than pure ridicule.

I have never seen any indication that Harry and Meghan are asking for any help.
No other celebrity couples do.

Do other people find this whole Meghan/Harry thing as nauseating as I do? I mean, seriously, who the fuck do they think they are? And why are the Media following them around as though they have ANYTHING worthwhile to say on ANY SUBJECT WHATSOEVER?

Even more nauseating is the idea that the two of them, having no valuable skill or knowledge on anything between them, are planning to "cash in" on their "royal" bona fides. What do they have in mind...a "reality TV" show like the Car-dashers?

Seriously, we need to have a list drawn up somewhere identifying the "famous, for being famous" people in this world, and PROHIBIT media from quoting them or taking their pictures, for any purpose other than pure ridicule.

Say what you will, the royals do a lot of charity work and raise a lot of money for causes that you and I never even heard of. As far as the "famous for being famous" argument, we have the Kardashians and take-your-pick-of-any-reality-TV-show-thats-on.
They get played up because they are a big deal in the UK.

That's the great thing about clickers. I can change the channel from across the room if I don't like what's on. In the old days, I had to actually go up to the TV and turn the dial.

Say what you will, the royals do a lot of charity work and raise a lot of money for causes that you and I never even heard of. As far as the "famous for being famous" argument, we have the Kardashians and take-your-pick-of-any-reality-TV-show-thats-on.

Does the government pay for extra security for the Kardashians, or for any other of our celebrities who are wealthy and famous?

And Harry isn't even one of ours. Why should a couple that is only ¼ American (I'm assuming, though I'm not certain that I do so correctly, that Megan has dual-citizenship, making her only ½ American, and that Harry remains exclusively a British citizen) be entitled to a benefit that 100% American celebrities don't get?

They're wealthy; let them pay for their own security, like our own wealthy do.

So what? This is not the UK. This is a nation that, among other principles, was founded on a rejection of the whole European concept of “nobility”, that some people were inherently better than others simply for having been born or married into the right families, or having been granted titles by the King.

Does the government pay for extra security for the Kardashians, or for any other of our celebrities who are wealthy and famous?

And Harry isn't even one of ours. Why should a couple that is only ¼ American (I'm assuming, though I'm not certain that I do so correctly, that Megan has dual-citizenship, making her only ½ American, and that Harry remains exclusively a British citizen) be entitled to a benefit that 100% American celebrities don't get?

So what? This is not the UK. This is a nation that, among other principles, was founded on a rejection of the whole European concept of “nobility”, that some people were inherently better than others simply for having been born or married into the right families, or having been granted titles by the King.
If they did Kim's buttocks would be in a separate tax bracket.

Can you provide a link where they have ever asked for protection?

Again, if you don't like what's on. Change the channel. Getting worked up over a couple of people that don't matter to your existence isn't healthy.
And this article states they'd have to ASK. Doesn't state they have ASKED. Trump just being Trump. But the article looks to be a rare bit of honesty from Shapiro's rag.

Click bait stories attract the lowest common denominator who are easily entertained or need to get a life.

To have "commoners" a society has to have royalty for contrast. America is supposed to be a classless society (having no class is another matter). So, if everyone is a commoner, no one is.

Article I, Section 9. "No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States..."

Hence, we are all commoners.

As for the costs of "security," such Royal Personages traditionally get Secret Service protection while in the U.S., at the expense of the U.S. taxpayers. This was the practice when they came here previously. Since they have renounced their privileges in Great Britain, the U.S. taxpayers are off the hook. President Trump merely wanted to confirm that "we" are not going to provide such security gratuitously.

Prohibit media from quoting or taking pictures of famous people? In my opinion this is impossible!
All the media talk about these celebrities because that's what many people want to hear and read
That's why gossip is on the rise :shock:

But you are the one making an OP about them.....

Article I, Section 9. "No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States..."

Hence, we are all commoners.

An American citizen can have a title of nobility granted by a foreign government. There's a misconception that the Constitution forbids an American citizen from accepting such a title, unless permission is granted by Congress, but that was a failed amendment, proposed to the Constitution, but never ratified, so it never took effect.

New Topics

Forum List

Back