anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
Featured is spy movies too. Water boarding is controlled drowning, designed to elicit information by controlling your death process.

This is an interesting medical question. Does water boarding actually have to kill you to cause your death, or is there a point where even if it is halted and is not continued to kill you, you still die anyways?

The other controlled death technique is in the movie Matrix, where it is assumed that if you believe that you are dead then you die even without a hysical reason. Is this possible?

So, in short, can you die even if the interrogation technique that is conducted on you, is halted before actually killing you, or if you believe you are dead even though alive?

For some reason the CIA likes water-boarding.

I prefer exposure to cold and slow starvation. That's safer.

Some people have an uncanny ability to 'check out', given the right (wrong?) circumstances.
Loss of a long-term partner can spell the end for the bereaved, within weeks.
Death of a spouse or partner can lead to heart attack or stroke- Harvard Health Blog
Australian Aborigines have a traditional punishment, or revenge, 'pointing the bone' that involves a a shaman cursing the subject, who then loses the will to live, and dies very soon after.
POINT BONE

Waterboarding is an extreme psychological torture, and could well tip some over the edge, but. like all torture, yields highly unreliable intelligence.

upload_2017-4-15_22-44-59.png

Australian Aborigines have a traditional punishment, or revenge, 'pointing the bone' that involves a a shaman cursing the subject, who then loses the will to live, and dies very soon after.
That happens with populations that have waist measurement sized IQ's.

Interesting, what is slow starvation? Is it like a controlled under feeding? I assume it is not a total revocation of food, because that would be equivalent to hunger strike which subjects can easily beat, I think.

Forum List

Back