Watching hilarious old episode of Gunsmoke on Education

R

rdean

This farmer's son was going to school and was taught "out of a book" about crop rotation and erosion. The father was angry because his corn yield was lower every year. He took the teacher to court for teaching his son "nonsense" out of a "book".

The teachers lawyer was put on the stand and asked if he had ever "farmed". He said no. The other lawyer scoffed at him defending "book learning" about "farming". Threw the book across the room.

The lawyer, while on the stand, named off the states that had passed "compulsory" education and said it was only a matter of time before Kansas passed compulsory education. The court room went nuts, everyone screaming, "No education" , "We don't want no education".

Oh my God, I thought. It's today's Republican Party. From "Gunsmoke".

Yes. Kansas could have used a bunch of liberal democrat school teachers to show them how to use condoms.

This farmer's son was going to school and was taught "out of a book" about crop rotation and erosion. The father was angry because his corn yield was lower every year. He took the teacher to court for teaching his son "nonsense" out of a "book".

The teachers lawyer was put on the stand and asked if he had ever "farmed". He said no. The other lawyer scoffed at him defending "book learning" about "farming". Threw the book across the room.

The lawyer, while on the stand, named off the states that had passed "compulsory" education and said it was only a matter of time before Kansas passed compulsory education. The court room went nuts, everyone screaming, "No education" , "We don't want no education".

Dean.....why was the teachers Lawyer put on the stand?....did you word that right?....

Are you aware that Gunsmoke is fiction? That "The Fires of Ignorance" was a dramatization, and never actually happened?

Dean.....why was the teachers Lawyer put on the stand?....did you word that right?....

Its a TV show, it does not have to make sense.

Sounds made up.

Maybe it was Bonanza, or Big Valley.

We need a link to verify which one it was.

even so.....if its a drama it should make some kinda sense....

Apparently, Rdean writes his posts based on the same logic.

Don't remind me of the TV I had to watch when I was with my Grandparents. And Miss Kitty was the most respectable madame in the town.

even so.....if its a drama it should make some kinda sense....

Ever watch Perry Mason? That was a show about lawyers, and it never made sense that he could get away with half the stuff he did.

QW....how many Lawyer shows do you see the Lawyer get on the stand instead of the guy he is defending?.....

Seriously?

I can't remember any, but we are talking rdean and Gunsmoke hear, so anything is possible.

Common sense is usually wrong.

We see examples of that every day on this board.

Ever watch Perry Mason? That was a show about lawyers, and it never made sense that he could get away with half the stuff he did.

QW....how many Lawyer shows do you see the Lawyer get on the stand instead of the guy he is defending?.....

Seriously?

I can't remember any, but we are talking rdean and Gunsmoke hear, so anything is possible.

Amen. The world of make-believe x 2.

Forum List

Back