Watched somebody die today

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
One of those in the wrong place at the wrong time things.

Really bad car accident. The car flipped up into the air and then rolled a bunch of times into a tree, where it was promptly severed into 2 pieces.

Sadly, so was the person.

I'm still not right.

Really bad car accident. The car flipped up into the air and then rolled a bunch of times into a tree, where it was promptly severed into 2 pieces.

I'm still not right.

OOH!

That's a rough one. Sorry to hear that you had to see that.

Did you know the person?

I'm still not right.

Sorry to hear that !! Hope you can get it all in perspective soon. It's a sucky experience

I'm still not right.

OOH!

Did you know the person?

I'm not exactly sure yet. I know it was a girl, but I didn't recognize the car. I stopped and got out to see what I could maybe do, and so did plenty of other people, but when I saw the "parts" laying in the street I had to leave. There was obviously no rescue work to be done at that point.

I'm still waiting for the local news to update the story, it's only a couple sentences about the accident happening. Nothing specific.

I'm still not right.

OOH!

Did you know the person?

I'm not exactly sure yet. I know it was a girl, but I didn't recognize the car. I stopped and got out to see what I could maybe do, and so did plenty of other people, but when I saw the "parts" laying in the street I had to leave. There was obviously no rescue work to be done at that point.

I'm still waiting for the local news to update the story, it's only a couple sentences about the accident happening. Nothing specific.

Was she going fast?

OOH!

Did you know the person?

Was she going fast?

I didn't see the initial impact because a pickup truck was in front of me and it kind of blocked the beginning of the accident, but dude, she must have been going fast as hell for the car to be completely split into 2 halves. I've never seen anything like that before.

When I was a teenager I volunteered for my local fire dept, and one of my first calls ever was a triple fatality car accident. I was one of the guys who stabilized the vehicle so it could be cut apart. That was pretty nasty, and apparently the vehicle did like 15 flips before it snapped a telephone pole halfway up. But that vehicle was still one piece.

This was totally different. Plus, with that other one, they were already dead when I got there. This time, I witnessed the last seconds of the girl's life. There's something really morbid about that.

I'm still not right.

Sorry you had to see that, but thanks for stopping to see what you could do. You're all right, and you will be sooner or later..

That's rough - take care.

One of my earliest memories was when I witnessed a car hitting a postman's vehicle. The postman was thrown from the vehicle and it landed right on top of him. Everybody stopped and lifted the truck off him, but he was gone. Blood was gushing out of his ear. The memory is burned in my mind, even after all these years. I can still remember every detail.

I was walking to school in Seattle. I was in 1st grade. It was about 4 blocks from Sunnydale Elementary school. Sadly, I've got a lot of these memories. My Dad was in WWII and he rarely spoke of what he saw. I can't imagine what soldiers have seen. Life sucks sometimes.

When I was a teenager I volunteered for my local fire dept, and one of my first calls ever was a triple fatality car accident. I was one of the guys who stabilized the vehicle so it could be cut apart. That was pretty nasty, and apparently the vehicle did like 15 flips before it snapped a telephone pole halfway up. But that vehicle was still one piece.

This was totally different. Plus, with that other one, they were already dead when I got there. This time, I witnessed the last seconds of the girl's life. There's something really morbid about that.

sucks when there's nothing one can do Paulie, but the fact is we loose something like 30K of us a year on the roads, and as you know, all the kings horses, and all the kings men..........~S~

I'm still not right.

It'll pass. I've seen them up close.

btw, your pain is nothing compared to those who knew the person.

Yours is all about the denial of death, mortality.

I thought you were a tough guy. :lol:

note: full disclosure...I worked in the Funeral industry for a short period of time.

One of my earliest memories was when I witnessed a car hitting a postman's vehicle. The postman was thrown from the vehicle and it landed right on top of him. Everybody stopped and lifted the truck off him, but he was gone. Blood was gushing out of his ear. The memory is burned in my mind, even after all these years. I can still remember every detail.

I was walking to school in Seattle. I was in 1st grade. It was about 4 blocks from Sunnydale Elementary school. Sadly, I've got a lot of these memories. My Dad was in WWII and he rarely spoke of what he saw. I can't imagine what soldiers have seen. Life sucks sometimes.

I watched Joey get run over by the Frosty truck...he was the age of receiving First Holy Communion...and I was a few years older...1 or 2 years. he looked like my brother when he was lying in the road dying.
that was personal.

That's tough, Paulie, but (1) it was not you, and (2) it was not you. I think you did the right thing in trying to help. And I think you did the right thing in not hanging around because you could not help any further.

I'm still not right.

note: full disclosure...I worked in the Funeral industry for a short period of time.

you are the world's biggest asshole.

Postman....mmmm....

I'm still not right.

you are the world's biggest asshole.

I'm flattered that you think so, but...

:eusa_whistle:

New Topics

Forum List

Back