Washington State Lawmaker Who Is A Convicted Felon Drafts “Racial Equity” Bill To Lower Sentencing For Drive-By Shooters

Wrong. Crime was at the lowest in decades in 2019 just before the pandemic. Increases from that bottom do not constitute “astronomical.”
A) Prove that claim and B) CNN wouldn't lie, would they?
When CNN claims violent crimes are spiking at historic levels that should tell even someone like
you something (not that you will admit it....you are too invested in a big lie).

Highest increase in nation's homicide rate in history!

If you want to quibble over the adjective "astronomical", because you think it will get you somewhere go ahead.

You will only be rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

A) you have no idea what the hell you’re taking about. You aren’t from a major city, so to say crime is worse in 2021 vs. the crack/drug era of the 1970s and 1980s is asinine.

B) Fuck CNN.
Tell it to CNN, moron (with apologies to other actual morons who shouldn't be slandered by being
lumped in with fools like you).

You're going to wish you hadn't asked.

The Republican History of Women’s Suffrage

Eventually, the Republican party became the first major party to advocate equal rights for women, and it wasn’t until the Republicans gained control of Congress in 1919 — after Democrats had defeated the 19th amendment four times — that the amendment passed. Twenty-six of the 36 states that ratified it had Republican legislatures.

Maritza Bolano, a chairwoman on the Suffragette Committee and the editor of a forthcoming book detailing the suffrage movement and the founding of the club, emphasizes the importance of the Republican party’s role in suffrage. “The Republican party was the leader in women’s rights, as it had been the leader in abolition from Lincoln. The party leaders welcomed women and wanted women to participate.”
I asked for conservative, not Republican. Nice try, though. :laugh:

A major problem is that Republicans get elected promising not to do anything. It's what their base wants: inaction instead of legislation. I can't tell you how many times I have read on this board "every time Congress does anything it costs me money", or "I'm glad we've got gridlock in Congress. Then they can't screw anything up".

I'd rather have legislators who try things based on positive data. If they don't work, learn from it.
You are the kind of person that wants government to fix YOUR problems. Most of us just want the government to stay out of the way and let US fix our own problems.

Governments waste resources, it's the nature of the beast.

A small, weak, limited government is the friend of freedom, a powerful, well-funded government id freedom's enemy. Any government powerful enough to give you things is powerful enough to take everything away from you.

You are the kind of person that wants government to fix YOUR problems. Most of us just want the government to stay out of the way and let US fix our own problems.

Governments waste resources, it's the nature of the beast.

A small, weak, limited government is the friend of freedom, a powerful, well-funded government id freedom's enemy. Any government powerful enough to give you things is powerful enough to take everything away from you.
Synthia and all other leftists fear the responsibilities that come with citizenship. They'd much rather be subjects, with Big Daddy Government powdering their behinds in perpetuity.

Of course, nowhere in history has such government power worked out well for the people it's aimed at.

But then, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to vote Democrat.

I don't like this "equity" thing. I'm against drive-by shootings. I don't think it's a good idea to lower the punishment for people who carry them out.

Washington State Lawmaker Who Is A Convicted Felon Drafts “Racial Equity” Bill To Lower Sentencing For Drive-By Shooters​

December 24, 2021

OLYMPIA, WA – A convicted felon turned lawyer who later turned into a state legislator in Washington state recently drafted a bill that would lower sentencing for murderers who committed their crime via doing a drive-by shooting. And per the language of the bill, this is meant to promote “racial equity.”

According to the Washington State Legislature online portal, House Bill 1692 was pre-filed on December 23rd, poising it to be considered during the 2022 legislative session. Said bill is sponsored by Democrat Representatives David Hackney and, most notably, 44-year-old Tarra Simmons, who’d previously been sentenced to 30 months in prison in 2011 for drug and theft convictions.

After Simmons served her time in prison, she attended law school, worked at an NPO for a couple of years, and then ran and got elected to the state legislature back in 2020. Rep. Simmons is unsurprisingly an advocate for criminal justice reform, specifically the soft-on-crime version of said activism.

And that soft-on-crime approach really shows itself with her sponsored bill, HB 1692.
According to the opening of the bill text, the proposed legislation aims to reduce the sentencing for murderers who killed their victim(s) during a drive-by shooting, claiming that doing so would help promote “racial equity.”

“AN ACT Relating to promoting racial equity in the criminal legal system by eliminating drive-by shooting as a basis for elevating murder in the first degree to aggravated murder in the first degree,” the bill states, “amending RCW 10.95.020 and 10.95.020; creating a new section; providing an effective date; and providing an expiration date.”
no wonder the pac12 sucks

I don't like this "equity" thing. I'm against drive-by shootings. I don't think it's a good idea to lower the punishment for people who carry them out.

Washington State Lawmaker Who Is A Convicted Felon Drafts “Racial Equity” Bill To Lower Sentencing For Drive-By Shooters​

December 24, 2021

OLYMPIA, WA – A convicted felon turned lawyer who later turned into a state legislator in Washington state recently drafted a bill that would lower sentencing for murderers who committed their crime via doing a drive-by shooting. And per the language of the bill, this is meant to promote “racial equity.”

According to the Washington State Legislature online portal, House Bill 1692 was pre-filed on December 23rd, poising it to be considered during the 2022 legislative session. Said bill is sponsored by Democrat Representatives David Hackney and, most notably, 44-year-old Tarra Simmons, who’d previously been sentenced to 30 months in prison in 2011 for drug and theft convictions.

After Simmons served her time in prison, she attended law school, worked at an NPO for a couple of years, and then ran and got elected to the state legislature back in 2020. Rep. Simmons is unsurprisingly an advocate for criminal justice reform, specifically the soft-on-crime version of said activism.

And that soft-on-crime approach really shows itself with her sponsored bill, HB 1692.
According to the opening of the bill text, the proposed legislation aims to reduce the sentencing for murderers who killed their victim(s) during a drive-by shooting, claiming that doing so would help promote “racial equity.”

“AN ACT Relating to promoting racial equity in the criminal legal system by eliminating drive-by shooting as a basis for elevating murder in the first degree to aggravated murder in the first degree,” the bill states, “amending RCW 10.95.020 and 10.95.020; creating a new section; providing an effective date; and providing an expiration date.”
The loons are thriving west of the Cascades.

Forum List

Back