Washington State Lab Develops Scanner That May Eliminate Need To Remove Shoes At Airport

This is very good news for all of those who get on an airplane. Taking on and off shoes is no big deal in the summer but in the winter you can't wear shoes you can just kick off and go.

It will also cut the time to go through TSA by 20%. Which will help make lines not as long.

Or, they could just dig these out of the rubbish pile, and use them.

1620245303933.png

I recall when I was a kid the shoe stores offered a gizmo where you could step in to the box and X-ray your own feet.

This is very good news for all of those who get on an airplane. Taking on and off shoes is no big deal in the summer but in the winter you can't wear shoes you can just kick off and go.

It will also cut the time to go through TSA by 20%. Which will help make lines not as long.

I doubt it will matter. It is like most of these COVID policies---they are more to create the illusion they are fighting the dreaded China flu than they are being effective at fighting the China flu.

Anyone too dumb or lazy to get precheck should have to take off their shoes. Kidding but if you haven’t you are missing out on faster service.

Anyone too dumb or lazy to get precheck should have to take off their shoes. Kidding but if you haven’t you are missing out on faster service.

There are only limited amount of people who can get precheck.

There are only limited amount of people who can get precheck.
Not true. All you have to do is a security background check at the airport one time, pay $80, wait for mail to get you your number and then you are golden. You might be thinking seat assignments or something. I’m talking precheck that gets you through security check faster with less hassle.

OR ... how about we ignore people's shoes?

Until COVID, nearly 800 million passengers boarded commercial flights in the USA every year. In the past 20 years, there has been one single case of a shoe bomber, which was unsuccessful.

It appears as if we are calling in a strategic nuclear strike to deal with an ant infestation.

v1.bjs0Nzk2MDc7ajsxODc3MDsxMjAwOzEwMjQ7NTEy.jpg

Forum List

Back