Washington school district doesn't include Asian kids in 'students of color' category

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
What the hell?

A Washington state school district has removed Asians from a category denoting people of color in a report discussing opportunity and performance gaps, according to media reports.

North Thurston Public Schools lumped Asian and white students together in its equity report and measured their achievements against a student of color category that includes people of Black, Hispanic, Native American, Pacific Islander and multi-racial students, according to Reason.com, a libertarian magazine.

The move drew scrutiny on social media.

"I guess we are "white" now," one user tweeted.

That's because Asians haven't fallen for the left's "non-whites need our help because they can't succeed otherwise" victimhood bullshit.

Asians were never slaves. They never were subjected to Genocide in this country.

Yes, you can point to specific discrimination, but nothing like the institutionalized racism against Blacks or Native Americans.

That's because Asians haven't fallen for the left's "non-whites need our help because they can't succeed otherwise" victimhood bullshit.

Asians were never slaves. They never were subjected to Genocide in this country.

Yes, you can point to specific discrimination, but nothing like the institutionalized racism against Blacks or Native Americans.
You're full of shit, Joe. Asians were definitely discriminated against, a special law was passed they couldn't become U.S. citizens.

They weren’t slaves?
I think some Chinese folks working the railroads in the west would disagree.
They never got discriminated against, systemically? I think the Japanese interned for a few years in the 40’s would disagree.
You can’t be racist against them? Why not, they look different. You can pick an Asian out of a line up.
So why don’t they suffer the same downfalls as blacks? Why don’t hey have such negative stereotypes (that they earned and keep earning, I might add).
Because they take responsibility for themselves and struggled and made it. They don’t keep acting like fucking losers, committing crimes, living like degenerates and blaming everybody else.

You're full of shit, Joe. Asians were definitely discriminated against, a special law was passed they couldn't become U.S. citizens.

Joe is a tard. I’ve seen and read enough of his bullshit on here to know that he is either a brain dead leftist who just repeats the usual bullshit without putting any thought into what the other side is saying, or he is a laid troll.
The level of density he displays can only be attributed to one of those 2 things.

You ignorant shit.

What the hell?

A Washington state school district has removed Asians from a category denoting people of color in a report discussing opportunity and performance gaps, according to media reports.

North Thurston Public Schools lumped Asian and white students together in its equity report and measured their achievements against a student of color category that includes people of Black, Hispanic, Native American, Pacific Islander and multi-racial students, according to Reason.com, a libertarian magazine.

They deem asians to be superior, like white people. They only allow the races that they consider to be inferior to be in the "people of color" category. Their entire rating system is based in racism, but disguised as woke.

What the hell?

LOL why should kids be grouped by color? Can't they just be kids?

Yes, asians were slaves. Blacks were never genocided.

You believe black people are inferior and therefore need help in any intellectual endeavor.

Sigh. Limits on immigration, which we've had all through our history, really, is hardly up there with the Genocide of Native Americans, or the Enslavement of blacks followed by Jim Crow. It's just not the same thing, or anywhere near. Should also point out that MOST Asian Americans are second or third generation... they came in long after those limits were gone.

"Hey, how did you get past the Anti-Chinese Immigration Law in 1890?"

"Um, I'm Vietnamese and I came here in the 1980's!"

They weren’t slaves?

Okay, that happened back in the 1870's... to a very small group who really didn't establish large communities because they only brought over men. Most of them went home after making their money and lived like kings.

You can’t be racist against them? Why not, they look different. You can pick an Asian out of a line up.
So why don’t they suffer the same downfalls as blacks? Why don’t hey have such negative stereotypes (that they earned and keep earning, I might add).

Well, to start off with, nobody ever crossed a street to avoid an Asian. We could start there. Nor do the police racially profile them. Nor where there massive laws passed to keep them in their place for hundreds of years.

Because they take responsibility for themselves and struggled and made it. They don’t keep acting like fucking losers, committing crimes, living like degenerates and blaming everybody else.

Hey, the Cleaner called, they said they can't get the soot out of your Klan Robes by the Cross Burning on Saturday... they do have some nice brown shirts for you, though.

You fall into the trap of the "Model Minority" here... Why can't you be more like them? Well, because we aren't them. Entirely different history, entirely different place in society.

The thing is, blacks were brought here in chains to be cheap labor. Asians were invited over here, but only if they were bringing skills with them. They had a leg up from pretty much the start.

Sigh. Limits on immigration, which we've had all through our history, really, is hardly up there with the Genocide of Native Americans, or the Enslavement of blacks followed by Jim Crow. It's just not the same thing, or anywhere near. Should also point out that MOST Asian Americans are second or third generation... they came in long after those limits were gone.

They weren’t slaves?

Okay, that happened back in the 1870's... to a very small group who really didn't establish large communities because they only brought over men. Most of them went home after making their money and lived like kings.

Well, to start off with, nobody ever crossed a street to avoid an Asian. We could start there. Nor do the police racially profile them. Nor where there massive laws passed to keep them in their place for hundreds of years.

Hey, the Cleaner called, they said they can't get the soot out of your Klan Robes by the Cross Burning on Saturday... they do have some nice brown shirts for you, though.

You fall into the trap of the "Model Minority" here... Why can't you be more like them? Well, because we aren't them. Entirely different history, entirely different place in society.

The thing is, blacks were brought here in chains to be cheap labor. Asians were invited over here, but only if they were bringing skills with them. They had a leg up from pretty much the start.
Why do people cross the street to avoid blacks, as you say?

don’t worry, I don’t expect any type of honesty out of you on a topic like this.

They weren’t slaves?

At some point this has to end. the net level is now a new name made up called systemic racism. When you get your totalitarian government in, they will fix it. Forced educations with no tolerance for violence in schools and severe penalties declared by the state for unwed pregnancies.

So blacks aren't able to succeed without the help of white liberals.

How fucking racist.

Why do people cross the street to avoid blacks, as you say?

Because they are scared little racists wusses...

So blacks aren't able to succeed without the help of white liberals.

As long as racist white conservatives are making all the hiring decisions, no, they really aren't.

Frankly, every boss I've ever had was a white dude. Most of them didn't even consider people of color for key positions... When they hired them at all, that is.

I've told this story before. IN 2012, we had three people move on from the Purchasing Dept. I was working at.

A Chinese woman, about 50. Had been with the company for 9 years.
A black woman, about 35. Had been with the company for 2 years.
A White intern, about 25. Had been with the company for about three months in a summer.

NOW- Guess which one of these three women the WHITE MIDDLE AGED General manager made time out of his busy schedule to attend a going away lunch the department had organized.

They weren’t slaves?

Thank you for whitesplaining to me what it means to be Asian, Walter.

Forum List

Back