Washington Post: Stop expecting stores to have food and medicine, lower your expectations!

Oligarchies and monopolies don't have to produce more to make more money, and they don't care any more since there is a much smaller 'middle class' customer base to cater to. Have fun fighting with criminal illegal aliens over rotten spoiled fruit and veggies at the discount flea markets. And keep championing those tax cuts for the Billioniare Boys Club and Wall Street swindlers, as if that will solve all the problems. lol

Oligarchies and monopolies don't have to produce more to make more money, and they don't care any more since there is a much smaller 'middle class' customer base to cater to. Have fun fighting with criminal illegal aliens over rotten spoiled fruit and veggies at the discount flea markets. And keep championing those tax cuts for the Billioniare Boys Club and Wall Street swindlers, as if that will solve all the problems. lol
Not in my state:

Yeah, because everyone knows that store shelves are stocked thanks to taxes on billionaires.

:gives:

Yeah, because everyone knows that store shelves are stocked thanks to taxes on billionaires.

:gives:

Tax breaks and subsidies for monopolies don't increase production incentives, and those breaks and subsidies are how they got to be monopolies and cartels in the first place. There is no difference in market efficiencies between corporate bureaucracies and government ones, they both create command economies, since there is no competition out there waiting for a chance to grab market share from them. So, no, running around constantly sniveling about tax rates is not going to do a thing to fill shelves, despite what they say over at Mises and Free Republic.

"Lower your expectations!"

This is the battle cry of the Joe "Empty Shelves" Biden regime.

Leftists have always resented and been outraged by the standard of living that average Americans typically enjoy, believing that only the elites should have luxuries while the rest of us should live like the peasants they consider us. This is right in keeping with all their other policies and attitudes about how the majority of Americans should scale our lives back to mere subsistence instead of being "spoiled".

Anyone who has been paying attention will be immune to the "Empty Shelves" woes. I'm trying hard to feel sad for those who will suffer.

We recently got a Sam's Club membership primarily for the lower gas prices, and my husband has turned into a prepper/hoarder. We bought a freezer to put on our patio, and it's full of dead animals. Our closets are filling up with paper products and dry goods. And now, for the first time in our marriage, he's become interested in the canning and preserving skills I learned from my grandmother (he always thought they were amusing anarchisms before now).

I wish I could say he's gone a little nuts, but I really can't.

"Lower your expectations!"

This is the battle cry of the Joe "Empty Shelves" Biden regime.

It would be interesting to hear your assessment of the causes of the supply shortages being experienced in several countries, including the U.S. From what I've heard, there are shortages of cargo containers, dock workers to unload the ships, and licensed truck drivers. Countries that manufacture the consumer goods we buy have also lowered production levels for a variety of reasons. If you think that this all attributable to the present administration, explain how.

OhPleaseJustQuit
I don't think my state, Florida, is taking them either. No State should take them. Bus them back to the border or to DC.

Oh and the stores in my area have product but the cost is going up. Hell try buying a steak. I paid 18 bucks for one steak last week. If you wanted to buy a package of three you needed 40 to 60 bucks. Good thing I have steak frozen in the freezer. Good Lord. Bidung is a walking disaster.

We recently got a Sam's Club membership primarily for the lower gas prices, and my husband has turned into a prepper/hoarder. We bought a freezer to put on our patio, and it's full of dead animals. Our closets are filling up with paper products and dry goods. And now, for the first time in our marriage, he's become interested in the canning and preserving skills I learned from my grandmother (he always thought they were amusing anarchisms before now).

I wish I could say he's gone a little nuts, but I really can't.
Yeah, we've been doing all that, too. As of yesterday, I'd say we're topped up adequately.

Very scary, the sight of all the empty shelves at BJs Warehouse store, completely empty meat shelves one week, major empty shelf space two more weeks. And then Golfing Gator starts a thread to persuade us there is no problem at all and anyway, it's not Biden's fault.

Uh-huh.

It would be interesting to hear your assessment of the causes of the supply shortages being experienced in several countries, including the U.S. From what I've heard, there are shortages of cargo containers, dock workers to unload the ships, and licensed truck drivers. Countries that manufacture the consumer goods we buy have also lowered production levels for a variety of reasons. If you think that this all attributable to the present administration, explain how.
The idiot mandates that keep people from working. The idiot subsidies that keep people from working. The idiot eviction freezes that keep a HUGE amount of money in people's wallets: why should they work? So they don't.

Our garbage collection company didn't pick up last Wednesday on our whole street and they will NOT answer their phone at all or call back or send out explanations of any kind ---- I'm afraid they are going out of business. Can't get the people to work the trucks.

We're planning to take the garbage to the county dump if they'll let us (it's sure to be overwhelmed) and then after that, if they do stop picking up, we'll have to get a garbage-burning can for here. Fortunately we live on a farm so we have some options; burying in a pit, for instance -- what are people going to do in the town houses nearby? Wait, I already know: somebody dumped a lot of garbage in bags along the roadside. Nice. :mad-61:

New Topics

Forum List

Back