Washington Post runs correction admitting it ‘misquoted’ Trump in Georgia election story

Not nearly the headline grabber though is it. It was, as so many WaPo and other headlines have been, about Trump, that is, fake news.

It took them two months to do this.

The Washington Post admitted in a correction that it had “misquoted” former President Donald Trump telling Georgia’s top elections investigator “to find the fraud,” in December.

The correction ran atop an online version of the updated original story that had quoted an anonymous source about a phone call Trump made to Georgia’s top elections investigation official shortly before Christmas.

“Correction: Two months after publication of this story, the Georgia secretary of state released an audio recording of President Donald Trump’s December phone call with the state’s top elections investigator. The recording revealed that The Post misquoted Trump’s comments on the call, based on information provided by a source,” the correction published Thursday began.

“Trump did not tell the investigator to ‘find the fraud’ or say she would be ‘a national hero’ if she did so. Instead, Trump urged the investigator to scrutinize ballots in Fulton County, Ga., asserting she would find ‘dishonesty’ there. He also told her that she had ‘the most important job in the country right now.'”

The election was nothing but a scam scam sham.

I don't think it was responsible to do the stories about election fraud without evidence. I guess you we'll just have to disagree about that...
There is evidence. There just isn't proof.

Edit: That was good though... ;)
yeah, they got the results they wanted, even if it proved that the Lame Stream Media is hated by most of the Citizens of this country. The good ole white supremacists of the Democrat party sure did fuck everyone equally. How is your gas prices today? Not hurting enough, it will be over $3.00 soon...
"lame stream media"? Geez, you're either an old fossil or a stupid kid.

So it sounds like Washington Post didn't have the actual recording but was instead relying on 2nd hand information. When they heard the actual recording, they printed a correction.

Wow. No wonder you guys are in a state and calling it "fake news" - you have no idea what to think when a news source acts responsibly. It's simply not part of a lexicon developed from the rightwing media.
They didn't...we know that....they ran with a fake story from a "unnamed source" to run propaganda and a lie about trump....they've been doing it for years now, and once again got caught

Story wasn't fake. The actual recording doesn't differ substantially from what was reported. You guys make mountains out of molehills.
Bull shit, reporting is supposed to be first hand, not some "I heard it through the grape vine". You know, you really are a progressive slave, who must bow to your masters or else you might not get your $1,400.

Now assume the position so your masters can beat you some more.
Thank You Sir May I Have Another - YouTube

I take it you're returning your $1400?
Not at all, i make too much money to get $1,400. Just last quarter i got over $90,000...in long term dividends...

That's good for you then. So you begrudge those who aren't as fortunate their 1400 stimulus and call them sheep because of it?

So it sounds like Washington Post didn't have the actual recording but was instead relying on 2nd hand information. When they heard the actual recording, they printed a correction.

Wow. No wonder you guys are in a state and calling it "fake news" - you have no idea what to think when a news source acts responsibly. It's simply not part of a lexicon developed from the rightwing media.
They put our country through a 5 yr Russian hoax. They should be executed for that pain it caused our country.

But anyone who believed that shit has got to be the biggest mother fucking cock sucking ass splitting, **** slurping jizz drinking pathetic piece of dog shit that ever lived.

I think you left out a few descriptors there, that might have been inadvertent.

I don't think it was responsible to do the stories about election fraud without evidence. I guess you we'll just have to disagree about that...
There is evidence. There just isn't proof.

Edit: That was good though... ;)
yeah, they got the results they wanted, even if it proved that the Lame Stream Media is hated by most of the Citizens of this country. The good ole white supremacists of the Democrat party sure did fuck everyone equally. How is your gas prices today? Not hurting enough, it will be over $3.00 soon...
"lame stream media"? Geez, you're either an old fossil or a stupid kid.
You are a progressive slave....I dont talk to slaves...

b2b644a3140e9a2215c7e8b1ef7954c1.jpg

They didn't...we know that....they ran with a fake story from a "unnamed source" to run propaganda and a lie about trump....they've been doing it for years now, and once again got caught

Story wasn't fake. The actual recording doesn't differ substantially from what was reported. You guys make mountains out of molehills.
Bull shit, reporting is supposed to be first hand, not some "I heard it through the grape vine". You know, you really are a progressive slave, who must bow to your masters or else you might not get your $1,400.

Not at all, i make too much money to get $1,400. Just last quarter i got over $90,000...in long term dividends...

That's good for you then. So you begrudge those who aren't as fortunate their 1400 stimulus and call them sheep because of it?
See picture below....Slave

b2b644a3140e9a2215c7e8b1ef7954c1.jpg

View attachment 468255

Ahhh...I see, you can't counter the arguments, resort to spamming racist pictures. Inarticulate brainfart duly noted.

View attachment 468255

Ahhh...I see, you can't counter the arguments, resort to spamming racist pictures. Inarticulate brainfart duly noted.
what's racist about that picture? Sadly that's how many people were treated, particularly in the DNC controlled regions

View attachment 468255

what's racist about that picture? Sadly that's how many people were treated, particularly in the DNC controlled regions

Because like most things boiled down to a bumper-sticker sized sound byte, it ignores the complexities of the issue which has nothing to do with political party but I'm not going to get into it because it has nothing to do with a newspaper making a correction on one of it's articles.

View attachment 468255

Because like most things boiled down to a bumper-sticker sized sound byte, it ignores the complexities of the issue which has nothing to do with political party but I'm not going to get into it because it has nothing to do with a newspaper making a correction on one of it's articles.
Put it's just a picture of how slaves were living at the time....how is that racist?

Not nearly the headline grabber though is it. It was, as so many WaPo and other headlines have been, about Trump, that is, fake news.

The Washington Post admitted in a correction that it had “misquoted” former President Donald Trump telling Georgia’s top elections investigator “to find the fraud,” in December.

The correction ran atop an online version of the updated original story that had quoted an anonymous source about a phone call Trump made to Georgia’s top elections investigation official shortly before Christmas.

“Correction: Two months after publication of this story, the Georgia secretary of state released an audio recording of President Donald Trump’s December phone call with the state’s top elections investigator. The recording revealed that The Post misquoted Trump’s comments on the call, based on information provided by a source,” the correction published Thursday began.

“Trump did not tell the investigator to ‘find the fraud’ or say she would be ‘a national hero’ if she did so. Instead, Trump urged the investigator to scrutinize ballots in Fulton County, Ga., asserting she would find ‘dishonesty’ there. He also told her that she had ‘the most important job in the country right now.'”

See, that's why a lot of us trust them. They correct themselves when they make a mistake.

Two full months after the published the story. Admitting they used ONE unconfirmed source. There used to be a standard that any story needed at least TWO confirmed sources before publication.

Not if it served the interests of the party.

See, that's why a lot of us trust them. They correct themselves when they make a mistake.

Months after it no longer matters and on the back page that no one reads. You people are truly idiots.

Forum List

Back