Was your Thanksgiving this horrific?

I could have fixed our own thanksgiving dinner, but we were offered a free meal from the Kiwanis Club. Actually, the whole apt complex of geriatrics were offered it, and 95 per cent of us said OK. Its the first time I ever accepted a dinner. I will not do it again. Kids were doing the delivering. They dropped a lot. Ours arrived with cheery faces of happy Thanksgiving, but when we looked in the two styrofoam containers..we were aghast. Nothing was where it should have been. It was like a slop bucket. Unedible and very gross to look at. Both went in the trash can becuase it was impossible to separate the cole slaw from the mashed potatoes and gracy and small diced pieces of turkey and green beans. And, we did do little tastes and it was all from cans except the slaw, pie (store bought, raw crust) and turkey. It was awful. I will lie and say it was great if asked. So...yeah...I lie too.

I could have fixed our own thanksgiving dinner, but we were offered a free meal from the Kiwanis Club. Actually, the whole apt complex of geriatrics were offered it, and 95 per cent of us said OK. Its the first time I ever accepted a dinner. I will not do it again. Kids were doing the delivering. They dropped a lot. Ours arrived with cheery faces of happy Thanksgiving, but when we looked in the two styrofoam containers..we were aghast. Nothing was where it should have been. It was like a slop bucket. Unedible and very gross to look at. Both went in the trash can becuase it was impossible to separate the cole slaw from the mashed potatoes and gracy and small diced pieces of turkey and green beans. And, we did do little tastes and it was all from cans except the slaw, pie (store bought, raw crust) and turkey. It was awful. I will lie and say it was great if asked. So...yeah...I lie too.
At least you gave it a shot, Gracie.

I hope not

Imagine being stuck there ? I think I would have to slice my wrists or leap out the window

If she did that at my house yesterday her little Powerpoint presentation would have been totally drowned out by the drums, bass and electric guitars, and everyone screaming "Ride Sally ride!" at the top of our lungs.

A lot of people spent their Thanksgiving in the hospital praying they or their loved ones don't die. Compared to that I'd listen to anything.

I couldn't get a turkey breast so I had to buy an 11 lb turkey. Started thawing it the afternoon before. Cooked it in just under 4 hrs. It turned out really good. Juicy and delicious. I injected marinaded butter into it before I started cooking it. The bird was too big for just two people so my dog is going to be eating good for the next couple of days.

I ate waaaaayyyy too much- I eat to live, I don't live to eat, but, yesterday, I hurt myself- and I got enough left overs for 2 regular size meals-

A neighbor in my apts saw me on the way to her kids for thanksgiving, wearing a mask, to inform me, her 60 year old daughter has been diagnosed with this strain of flu- I said, bullshit, it's a strain of flu- man, she got pissed and told me I didn't come to argue with you- I tried to explain to her, she said I KNOW what it is- (she watched CNN all day)- then she said, "if they die I'll come and tell you" and stormed off- before I could ask her if she'd tell me if they didn't die- mind you, this woman is 79 years old, she is going where the "diagnosis" exists, wearing a mask as though that will prevent her from being infected- and she knows- :rolleyes:

A lot of people spent their Thanksgiving in the hospital praying they or their loved ones don't die. Compared to that I'd listen to anything.
That happens each and every year. It is called life, and no one gets out alive.

The only real difference between this year and all the other ones is that this year, your government forces your loved ones to die alone.

I hope not

Imagine being stuck there ? I think I would have to slice my wrists or leap out the window

Stuck there?
If it was my home, I’d throw he/she/xir out. Get right there fuck out of my house.
If it wasn’t my home, I’d leave with a cheerful “fuck you, faggot” on my way out.
Keep your bullshit to yourself. I don’t give a fuck what you mental illness has you “identifying” as.

I hope not

had a nice thanksgving!

no trumpers were allowed to attend so everyone had a good time

no trumpers were allowed to attend so we didnt have to listen to them talk about throwing liberals from helicopters

no trumpers were allowed to attend so nobody tried to shoot anyone for not wearing a MAGA hat

Forum List

Back