Was watching the various New Years celebrations on TV, awful

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
You can't watch these networks and not feel that they are genuinely out of touch. No chemistry, no inspiring messages.

In New York, apparently, journalists were there to press the button for the ball drop, because they "had a tough year". Without disparaging those who have died in some countries covering important stories, we have seen a year of constant lies, misrepresentations and really anti-Americanism from many networks. Including CNN's own "Award Winner" in Germany who admitted to completely lying about his stories and interviews.

On CNN they had a woman on a super yacht, showing how the rich and famous ring in New Years I guess. How does this relate to ANYONE? They wonder why they are accused of being out of touch. They don't have bars in New York (which is as always, where they focused the majority of their coverage)?

Canadas wasn't very good either, but I will give CBC some credit for covering a very wide array of places and music types in Canada. From our Native culture, to country, African music and some crazy French band from Quebec. The coverage was nearly non-existent, just plugs for TV shows on state run news, and an ad from govt. of Alberta telling Canada we need to stop sending oil to America and find new markets, lol..

For those of us not interested in hitting a bar like I might have 20 years ago, give us some reasonable telecasts with people I can relate to. Are there ANY real musicians/celebrities with half a brain? For the Love of God...

Last edited:
You can't watch these networks and not feel that they are genuinely out of touch. No chemistry, no inspiring messages.

In New York, apparently, journalists were there to press the button for the ball drop, because they "had a tough year". Without disparaging those who have died in some countries covering important stories, we have seen a year of constant lies, misrepresentations and really anti-Americanism from many networks. Including CNN's own "Award Winner" in Germany who admitted to completely lying about his stories and interviews.

On CNN they had a woman on a super yacht, showing how the rich and famous ring in New Years I guess. How does this relate to ANYONE? They wonder why they are accused of being out of touch. They don't have bars in New York (which is as always, where they focused the majority of their coverage)?

Canadas wasn't very good either, but I will give CBC some credit for covering a very wide array of places and music types in Canada. From our Native culture, to country, African music and some crazy French bad from Quebec. The coverage was nearly non-existent, just plugs for TV shows on state run news, and an ad from govt. of Alberta telling Canada we need to stop sending oil to America and find new markets, lol..

For those of us not interested in hitting a bar like I might have 20 years ago, give us some reasonable telecasts with people I can relate to. Are there ANY real musicians/celebrities with half a brain? For the Love of God...

DId you watch the ball drop in 2000? :eek:

Canadas wasn't very good either, but I will give CBC some credit for covering a very wide array of places and music types in Canada. From our Native culture, to country, African music and some crazy French bad from Quebec. The coverage was nearly non-existent, just plugs for TV shows on state run news, and an ad from govt. of Alberta telling Canada we need to stop sending oil to America and find new markets, lol..

I increasingly don't understand and am very un-entertained by those shows. People standing around for HOURS and HOURS in horrid late-Dec NY weather--this year, a cold rain--and for what? They can't sit, they can't imbibe, they can't even pee. Did you know some of them even wear Depends? Don't think about that too much....

They stand there I guess just to be part of the "action" (whatever that means) and to watch the ball drop. Me, I've been watching the ball drop since I've been a child, from the comfort of my own or someone else's living room. I have no desire to see it drop in rain/snow/bitter cold.

So I guess that's my two cents! :2cents::blahblah::10:

No, what happened?

No, what happened?

Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet hosted it. They were on serious drugs and it was obvious.

At least acid..probably more like acid and heroin...with a pinch of pot and opium, too.

No, what happened?

Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet hosted it. They were on serious drugs and it was obvious.

At least acid..probably more like acid and heroin...with a pinch of pot and opium, too.

I don't get this. It isn't funny, it's not entertaining, it shouldn't be what is representative of America.

I'm no prude, but if I want to watch that, I can pay to go to a concert or watch some cheap made movie on Netflix. Trainwrecks shouldnt be broadcast for all to see. They had CNN talking about red underwear, last year they were smoking up on the yacht. There was that weird anti-Trump woman on NBC talking about her vagina, I mean what is this? On live TV? Who really wants to hear this garbage from a brainless meathead?

NBC's New Year's Eve show with Carson Daly, Chrissy Teigen, Leslie Jones has viewers crying 'complete disaster' and 'trainwreck'

The show's lineup featured co-hosts Carson Daly, Chrissy Teigen, Leslie Jones, and Keith Urban. Criticism was particularly directed at Teigen, who devoted a segment to discussing "vaginal steaming."

Now why don't I remember that? I wonder if it's on YouTube...

Seriously though, I had two very little kids, my hubby was in IT and we were all freaked out about the world crashing down. So I was probably preoccupied myself. But now with drugs...heh

No, what happened?

I don't get this. It isn't funny, it's not entertaining, it shouldn't be what is representative of America.

I'm no prude, but if I want to watch that, I can pay to go to a concert or watch some cheap made movie on Netflix. Trainwrecks shouldnt be broadcast for all to see. They had CNN talking about red underwear, last year they were smoking up on the yacht. There was that weird anti-Trump woman on NBC talking about her vagina, I mean what is this? On live TV? Who really wants to hear this garbage from a brainless meathead?

NBC's New Year's Eve show with Carson Daly, Chrissy Teigen, Leslie Jones has viewers crying 'complete disaster' and 'trainwreck'

The show's lineup featured co-hosts Carson Daly, Chrissy Teigen, Leslie Jones, and Keith Urban. Criticism was particularly directed at Teigen, who devoted a segment to discussing "vaginal steaming."

We switched between the shows last night. One segment--kid you not--had the ball being stolen and Teigen and Daly yelling at a BABY who apparently stole it. It was absolutely terrible. We just clicked to another station.

Leslie Jones is not funny. Sorry, she's just not.

No, what happened?

Okay so I regret that I had to look up what "vaginal steaming" is. Why do eggheaded women think anything is going to get up there? Do any of these eggheads know how this works? No?

Carry on

Oh shit! That was probably 1990 ball drop when Kravitz and Bonet hosted it for NBC and were super fucked-up...not 2000..oops.

Time flies when you're having fun.. :rolleyes:

Too bad it was on live TV and no internet then.

Last edited:
We switched between the shows last night. One segment--kid you not--had the ball being stolen and Teigen and Daly yelling at a BABY who apparently stole it. It was absolutely terrible. We just clicked to another station.

Leslie Jones is not funny. Sorry, she's just not.

That big girl on SNL? I think she's funny. :1peleas::funnyface:

Last edited:
They represent each other shockedcanadian. These media elites are atually very parochial and provincial people with a snug closemindedness borne of the narrow circles they run in. The TV types play for good reviews from their fellow New Yorker print media types...who write to impress what they see as the glamorous tv types. Their disconnect with America is s natural result of their limited experience with anything outside New York and Hollywood and DC.
And there are Americans shallow enough to ape these one dimensional celebrities in outlook and morals and politics.

It was all garbage this year. My wife and I watched the ball drop then went to bed.

My expectations are so low, I dont think I can really be disappointed any more.

No, what happened?

I thought vaginas were self-steaming? :uhoh3:

Canadas wasn't very good either, but I will give CBC some credit for covering a very wide array of places and music types in Canada. From our Native culture, to country, African music and some crazy French band from Quebec. The coverage was nearly non-existent, just plugs for TV shows on state run news, and an ad from govt. of Alberta telling Canada we need to stop sending oil to America and find new markets, lol..

Stick to Fox.

I watched a bit on Univision. They had one team at the outdoor pool area of the MGM Grand and another in Times Square.

Singers, scantily-clad dancers, musical groups, and lots of hype.

About as juvenile and boring as always.

Went to bed at 9pm and totally ignored the fireworks for the midnight stuff.

Forum List

Back