Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

johnnyfive

Rookie
Mar 3, 2015
I have been having a difficult time with this one:

My gf is brown, and I am a white man. We were at a restaurant paying our bill. We split the cost of the meal but had different drinks. My drink was $2 more than hers. After giving our credits cards, we received our respective receipts, but we noticed that a mistake was made: my gf was charged with my more expensive drink, while I had her cheaper one on my bill.

After, my gf claimed that no one could mess such a simple thing up and that this was an act of racism, which she also described as a feeling she had about the white waitress and her tone. I didn't recognize this tone, but I can be aloof.

I said to my gf that it could also just have been an honest mistake, or perhaps there could be another reason for the mistake that is uncertain to us.

She became extremely upset by my insensitivity and yelled at me for two days. I am being as honest as I can with her; I didn't know if we could know that it was racism, but I now have accepted her feelings and instinct as the closest thing I have to the truth because she has felt subtle forms of racism like this in the past.

She ridiculed me for not immediately accepting her intuition as truth.

Any thoughts on this situation?

Thank you,
John

My gf is brown, and I am a white man. We were at a restaurant paying our bill. We split the cost of the meal but had different drinks. My drink was $2 more than hers. After giving our credits cards, we received our respective receipts, but we noticed that a mistake was made: my gf was charged with my more expensive drink, while I had her cheaper one on my bill.

After, my gf claimed that no one could mess such a simple thing up and that this was an act of racism, which she also described as a feeling she had about the white waitress and her tone. I didn't recognize this tone, but I can be aloof.

I said to my gf that it could also just have been an honest mistake, or perhaps there could be another reason for the mistake that is uncertain to us.

She became extremely upset by my insensitivity and yelled at me for two days. I am being as honest as I can with her; I didn't know if we could know that it was racism, but I now have accepted her feelings and instinct as the closest thing I have to the truth because she has felt subtle forms of racism like this in the past.

Thank you,
John

I think you need to take another creative writing course, because you suck at it.

Thank you,
John
You might want to Tweet Eric Holder for his opinion. He's been looking for racists to crucify.

Find a new girlfriend. It sounds like you'll be walking on eggshells for the rest of your life if you don't. Give her the two dollars and say good bye.

One more thing young man. Wait for a girl who treats you like a king and never raises her voice while speaking to you (ever). When you take her out to dinner make sure to always open the car door for her and the door to the restaurant & be sure to pick up the bill. Women appreciate those sort of things.

blaming a simple mistake on racism.....o my o my tabs are easy to confuse esp when you ask for seperate tickets last.....drop the brown one...

Thank you,
John

Give her the two bucks and in no uncertain terms tell her to stfu.

Let's keep charges of racism for overt and irrefutable things, not perceived slights. More you cry racism, more people start to tune it out.

One more thing young man. Wait for a girl who treats you like a king and never raises her voice while speaking to you (ever). ...

:lol:

In the South, there are women who never raise their voice. I have a friend down the road who I've known for years and her voice is so soft you'd miss it if you weren't paying attention. I've never heard her raise her voice in my life. I remember a very close friend of mine whose son told me he had never heard his father raise his voice to his mother - (nor his mother raise her voice to his father I'm sure) it simply had never been done and as he was home schooled I'm guessing he may have told me that wondering if I had ever heard someone raising their voice at another person.
Unfortunately I have. And I find it extremely rude. People are not deaf. There is no justifiable excuse for shouting at another person. None.

I believe shouting is a learned behavior. Some people who shout learned it from their parents. If that is the case - it's a habit that must be broken.

Thank you,
John
Never doubt your womans intuition. They pick up stuff men dont see. Regardless of if it was racist or not she just needed you to show support. Ask yourself is your opinion more important than simply agreeing with her? If it is ditch your girl because it will end if not over this then something else. If its not apologize and say you thought about it and she was probably right. Make sure you never make a small insignificant issue a major sticking point. Pick your battles.

Thank you,
John

She seems to be hyper sensitive.
I'd be looking for a new GF.

Thank you,
John
Never doubt your womans intuition. They pick up stuff men dont see. Regardless of if it was racist or not she just needed you to show support. Ask yourself is your opinion more important than simply agreeing with her? If it is ditch your girl because it will end if not over this then something else. If its not apologize and say you thought about it and she was probably right. Make sure you never make a small insignificant issue a major sticking point. Pick your battles.

If she had been discriminated against by all means he should have been most attentive to her and let her know that he would always take seriously anything that harmed her (in any way!) But from this story it is quite clear that the woman has issues and if he does not wish to be miserable for the rest of his life (should he have the misfortune of marrying her) he should say good bye now - and by all means - give her back the 2 dollars.

When a person is a racist (and she is the racist in this story) dating a person of the opposite race - the battering ram is going to become the boyfriend. He doesn't need this. She is trying to control him by her emotions. It's a very, very bad sign.

New Topics

Forum List

Back