Was The Phantom Of The Opera Real?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I know there are some mixed opinions about this as it was based upon legend, but I was just wondering this as I watched it last night. What do you guys think?

The Phantom of the Opera (French: Le Fantôme de l'Opéra) is a novel by French author Gaston Leroux. It was first published as a serial in Le Gaulois from 23 September 1909 to 8 January 1910, and was released in volume form in late March 1910 by Pierre Lafitte.[1] The novel is partly inspired by historical events at the Paris Opera during the nineteenth century, and by an apocryphal tale concerning the use of a former ballet pupil's skeleton in Carl Maria von Weber's 1841 production of Der Freischütz.[2] It has been successfully adapted into various stage and film adaptations, most notable of which are the 1925 film depiction featuring Lon Chaney, and Andrew Lloyd Webber's 1986 musical.

We read the famous book in an accelerated course in High School, it isn't too bad.

And then listened to the whole Lloyd Webber musical on disc for a compare/contrast exercise.

Later in college I went to go see it.

The Phantom of the Opera (French: Le Fantôme de l'Opéra) is a novel by French author Gaston Leroux. It was first published as a serial in Le Gaulois from 23 September 1909 to 8 January 1910, and was released in volume form in late March 1910 by Pierre Lafitte.[1] The novel is partly inspired by historical events at the Paris Opera during the nineteenth century, and by an apocryphal tale concerning the use of a former ballet pupil's skeleton in Carl Maria von Weber's 1841 production of Der Freischütz.[2] It has been successfully adapted into various stage and film adaptations, most notable of which are the 1925 film depiction featuring Lon Chaney, and Andrew Lloyd Webber's 1986 musical.

We read the famous book in an accelerated course in High School, it isn't too bad.

And then listened to the whole Lloyd Webber musical on disc for a compare/contrast exercise.

Later in college I went to go see it.

Really? I read the book in high school too and we saw the movie with Gerald Butler in it that I now own. I think it's the 2004 version?

Really? I read the book in high school too and we saw the movie with Gerald Butler in it that I now own. I think it's the 2004 version?
iu

Btw, I spelled his name wrong before, it's Gerard Butler not Gerald.

Forum List

Back