Was the Columbus, OH., police officer justified shooting the knife wielding girl? (poll)

Do you support the police officer shooting the knife wielding girl protecting the unarmed girl?

• Yes, the shooting was justified.

Votes: 111 94.1%
  • No, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters
Who was the idiot who said the cop should have fired warning shots in the air?
One of the douche bags on one of those all douche round table talk shows.

Firing warning shots in the air is not a great idea. What goes up must come down. What if an innocent anywhere in a couple block area is struck by 1 of the warning shots.

The ground is not much better, could hit something buried and ricochet into an innocent.

The girl with the knife is not a murderer...because she did not murder anyone. The cop did his job, it was a justified shoot and unfortunately someone lost their life.

Police action at a crime scene or potential crime scene that ends in death, is police failure.

The fact that this discussion is on the political forum indicates what? That all shootings by Police, justifiable or not, have become political in nature.

The girl with the knife is not a murderer...because she did not murder anyone. The cop did his job, it was a justified shoot and unfortunately someone lost their life.

Police action at a crime scene or potential crime scene that ends in death, is police failure.

Is it failure if he lets an assailant kill someone? You are an idiot!!!

American Thinker

April 23, 2021
Lefties made a big mistake trying to racialize the death of knife-attacker Ma'Khia Bryant
By Thomas Lifson

Excerpt:

New video, apparently from a surveillance camera across the street, conclusively justified the shooting of Ma'Khia Bryant in Columbus, Ohio. A tweet from Matt Walsh has already garnered well over a million views, with the video and audio revealing the murderous intent and the heroic rescue.

In new video, Makhia Bryant can be heard screaming "I'm gonna stab the f--- out of you, b----," while lunging at two unarmed people who were posing no imminent physical threat to her[.]

LINK

======

Go watch the VIDEO!

Video from a surveillance camera from across the street is far better than the cop camera.

Give it up Rigby5, she stated her intent to stab her loudly and repeatedly.

Last edited:
Yes, it is failure by police if the incident ends in death or deaths.
Your need to ask that question is a measure of your ignorance.

Or if not ignorance then frustration caused by some issues that we are working on determining?
I highly suspect that in most cases it's caused by racism. The examples raised seem to be almost exclusively deaths of black people.
However, the political outcome of an election is certainly playing out as a factor.

American Thinker

April 23, 2021
Lefties made a big mistake trying to racialize the death of knife-attacker Ma'Khia Bryant
By Thomas Lifson

Video from a surveillance camera from across the street is far better than the cop camera.

Canadians, neither right or left take delight in police killings of our citizens. We understand and hold to the principle of death at a crime scene is police failure.

Amost certainly NO.

A more proficient police officer would have been able to remedy the situation so that it didn't result in death.

Death was the outcome and that can never be seen as a successful handling of the situation.

Once again it simply boils down to bad policing that's due to a lack of police concern for black lives.

It would be a near certainty that had the knife wielder been a white child and the intended victim a black child, the outcome would have been different and more desirable.

Americans can't understand this and so the fight to reform their police will be long, which will most likely result in police pushing the envelope on their right to kill to even greater heights.

Wow.....that was one of the dumbest posts of the week.......

The 16 year old was in mid swing when he shot her...you idiot.....

What lack of concern for black lives? None of the statistics on policing actually show this.........blacks in America are 15% of the population but make up over 50% of all violent crime....and the victims of that crime are other blacks, just like in this attempted murder.....

Over 40 million police interactions with citizens.....few deaths, and of those deaths, the criminals are the ones escalating to the point where lethal force has to be used....you moron.

Or if not ignorance then frustration caused by some issues that we are working on determining?
I highly suspect that in most cases it's caused by racism. The examples raised seem to be almost exclusively deaths of black people.
However, the political outcome of an election is certainly playing out as a factor.

Moron....more Whites are killed by police than blacks.....more unarmed whites are killed by police than unarmed blacks.....and in almost every case of each race and being killed by police, the criminals escalated the arrest to the point of lethal force....you doofus....

Wow.....that was one of the dumbest posts of the week.......

The 16 year old was in mid swing when he shot her...you idiot.....

What lack of concern for black lives? None of the statistics on policing actually show this.........blacks in America are 15% of the population but make up over 50% of all violent crime....and the victims of that crime are other blacks, just like in this attempted murder.....

Over 40 million police interactions with citizens.....few deaths, and of those deaths, the criminals are the ones escalating to the point where lethal force has to be used....you moron.
[/QUOTE]

Death was the outcome and that can never be seen as a successful handling of the situation by police.

The only thing I have a problem with is always, no matter the reason, shooting to kill....why can't cops be trained to shoot to maime in certain cases like with an attacker yielding a knife?

That is a really stupid thing to say. Police officers aren't trained trick shot artists. They are trained to shoot center of mass, it makes the possibility of stray round or ricochet less likely. You need to go to a concealed carry course to aid in curing your ignorance.

Then maybe in some cases, they should not pull out their gun at all..... If they know they are going to likely kill, whomever they shoot, and that person was initially stopped for a minor infraction....

All the cop tv shows as a kid, showed cops chasing down and running after thieves, or even really bad guys until they caught up with them and tackled them, not shooting down, center mass.....and killing them.

Were those cop tv shows just Hollywood, brainwashing us, about cops being the good guys, and not using their guns to kill unless they were being shot at... was all bull crap?

Anyone but especially police can use deadly force to protect themselves and others from immanent bodily harm or death. This particular officer had less than 10 seconds to assess the situation and act. What he saw was a large individual wielding a butcher knife attacking two individuals. What would you have done in that situation?

Last edited:
Moron....more Whites are killed by police than blacks.....more unarmed whites are killed by police than unarmed blacks.....and in almost every case of each race and being killed by police, the criminals escalated the arrest to the point of lethal force....you doofus....
Police action at a crime scene or potential crime scene that results in deaht or deaths, is police failure.
Your further ranting and frothing at the mouth in rage doesn't deserve anymore replies from me. Change your demeanour and then maybe we can continue.

Amost certainly NO.

A more proficient police officer would have been able to remedy the situation so that it didn't result in death.

Death was the outcome and that can never be seen as a successful handling of the situation.

Once again it simply boils down to bad policing that's due to a lack of police concern for black lives.

It would be a near certainty that had the knife wielder been a white child and the intended victim a black child, the outcome would have been different and more desirable.

Americans can't understand this and so the fight to reform their police will be long, which will most likely result in police pushing the envelope on their right to kill to even greater heights.

Oh? you must be speaking of Superman, the Man of Steel no doubt could have blitzed forward, stopped the knife thrust with his hands of steel, and then calmly lifted the attacking girl up and flown her away to the North pole to cool off.

Normal human beings however, don't have that option.
Police action resulting in death is pretty obviously your accepted priority billie.
I'm here to point that out and leave no ambiguity on the question.

The more you bark off your ignorant cakehole, the more fuel for your fires!
Are you trying to argue that cops shouldn't be able to kill violent criminals in order to protect themselves and innocent people? So delusional it sounds communist.

my question to cyberspace : What would have been
the response on the street if the cop had just LET THE
KNIFE ATTACK HAPPEN? anyone?
First of all, are you crying out for help? Or are you delighting in the high incident of death by police?

Do you want an answer or do you just want for fuel to fire your rage?

Today I had dozens of Americans quoting me on just this thread and so underneath all the rage and hate and extremism, there is a growing fear of what their country is becoming.

Yes, we understand that the Democrats are turning the US into yet another fascist shit hole.

Police action at a crime scene or potential crime scene that results in deaht or deaths, is police failure.
Your further ranting and frothing at the mouth in rage doesn't deserve anymore replies from me. Change your demeanour and then maybe we can continue.

Why bother. You are a troll. We don't want you. The more we piss you off the less time you spend here. Win for us.

IMHO there is no justification for the police to allow anyone to murder an unarmed person.
The girl with the knife is attempting to murder an unarmed girl, totally unacceptable.
Anyone who blames the cop for anything other than doing his job "protecting" the unarmed girl is a racist gaslighting POS.

The public sees this largely as an unfair fight.

If the police officer would have pulled out a knife to stop the assailant, it wouldn't have been as bad.

It would have been at least a fair fight. In this situation, a gun vs. a knife, totally unfair.

Anyone but especially police can use deadly force to protect themselves and others from immanent bodily harm or death. This particular office had less than 10 seconds to assess the situation and act. What he saw was a large individual wheedling a butcher knife attacking two individuals. What would you have done in that situation?
The contrarian cranks offer no answers. Did you ever think you would see the day where shooting someone
about to drive a knife through a helpless victim would be controversial?

A percentage of the country is out of their minds. We must insure that percentage remains small.

The only thing I have a problem with is always, no matter the reason, shooting to kill....why can't cops be trained to shoot to maime in certain cases like with an attacker yielding a knife?
Actually, police are trained to aim for center mass. I don't believe they are shooting to kill, they are shooting to stop the target. Center mass being the place where a lot of vital organs are located.

You'd really have a hard time trying to shoot to maim. Trying to shoot for the legs or arms is difficult. You'd end up missing a lot of shots.

I'm sure those with more knowledge will correct me, but I'm thinking this is accurate.
He shot her FOUR TIMES, center mass. 4 shots...not 1 or even twice, or even thrice, but 4 shots?? Why was that necessary?

Police are trained to keep firing until the threat is eliminated. If he paused between shots to gauge their effect the girl in pink would more than likely have been stabbed. You have to realize the girl with the knife would have had high adrenalin levels and may not have felt the initial shots. Stop trying to second guess a deadly situation that unfolded in 11 seconds.

So if the cop allows the assailant to murder someone it is then a success as long as not by a cop.

Fucking lunacy!!!!

Why bother. You are a troll. We don't want you. The more we piss you off the less time you spend here. Win for us.

I'm alarmed at the 93 to 95% but only mildly so because I highly suspect that this board is an abomination and not the typical American mindset.
Can you be of any help in determining that?

New Topics

Forum List

Back