Was the Columbus, OH., police officer justified shooting the knife wielding girl? (poll)

Do you support the police officer shooting the knife wielding girl protecting the unarmed girl?

• Yes, the shooting was justified.

Votes: 111 94.1%
  • No, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters
The only thing I have a problem with is always, no matter the reason, shooting to kill....why can't cops be trained to shoot to maime in certain cases like with an attacker yielding a knife?

That is a really stupid thing to say. Police officers aren't trained trick shot artists. They are trained to shoot center of mass, it makes the possibility of stray round or ricochet less likely. You need to go to a concealed carry course to aid in curing your ignorance.

Then maybe in some cases, they should not pull out their gun at all..... If they know they are going to likely kill, whomever they shoot, and that person was initially stopped for a minor infraction....

All the cop tv shows as a kid, showed cops chasing down and running after thieves, or even really bad guys until they caught up with them and tackled them, not shooting down, center mass.....and killing them.

Were those cop tv shows just Hollywood, brainwashing us, about cops being the good guys, and not using their guns to kill unless they were being shot at... was all bull crap?
be specific now and explain HOW this cop in THIS situation had any other choice?
Did he have to fire, center mass, 4 times? Did he really have to do that? Would one shot, center mass, be enough to stop the girl with the knife? That close, seems like one shot, center mass, would be enough to nearly kill her or kill her right off, but there might have been a chance to save her life...?

Four shots at center mass seems like an OVER KILL?

Maybe the cop's adrenalin kicked in and he couldn't stop himself?? I dunno? :dunno:

And why couldn't he tackle her? Like in a Hawaii 5 O, or TJ Hooker?

I'm okay so far, with him having to shoot at her, I suppose, but shooting to kill her, center mass, and doing so four consecutive times, just ain't right.... to me...even if it is procedure.... :(

The only thing I have a problem with is always, no matter the reason, shooting to kill....why can't cops be trained to shoot to maime in certain cases like with an attacker yielding a knife?

That is a really stupid thing to say. Police officers aren't trained trick shot artists. They are trained to shoot center of mass, it makes the possibility of stray round or ricochet less likely. You need to go to a concealed carry course to aid in curing your ignorance.

Then maybe in some cases, they should not pull out their gun at all..... If they know they are going to likely kill, whomever they shoot, and that person was initially stopped for a minor infraction....

All the cop tv shows as a kid, showed cops chasing down and running after thieves, or even really bad guys until they caught up with them and tackled them, not shooting down, center mass.....and killing them.

Were those cop tv shows just Hollywood, brainwashing us, about cops being the good guys, and not using their guns to kill unless they were being shot at... was all bull crap?
be specific now and explain HOW this cop in THIS situation had any other choice?
Did he have to fire, center mass, 4 times? Did he really have to do that? Would one shot, center mass, be enough to stop the girl with the knife? That close, seems like one shot, center mass, would be enough to nearly kill her or kill her right off, but there might have been a chance to save her life...?

Maybe the cop's adrenalin kicked in and he couldn't stop himself?? I dunno? :dunno:

I'm okay so far, with him having to shoot at her, I suppose, but shooting to kill her, center mass, and doing so four consecutive times, just ain't right.... to me...even if it is procedure.... :(

Maybe you can wear a sign---"ATTN. PIGS---if someone is about to stab me to death---YOU MAY
SHOOT ONLY ONE BULLET----BECAUSE I CARE"

Why is a 200 pound monster who was trying to kill other savages and probably had some "keeds" referred to as a girl?

Actually, police are trained to aim for center mass. I don't believe they are shooting to kill, they are shooting to stop the target. Center mass being the place where a lot of vital organs are located.

You'd really have a hard time trying to shoot to maim. Trying to shoot for the legs or arms is difficult. You'd end up missing a lot of shots.

I'm sure those with more knowledge will correct me, but I'm thinking this is accurate.
He shot her FOUR TIMES, center mass. 4 shots...not 1 or even twice, or even thrice, but 4 shots?? Why was that necessary?
I don't know. That will be answered in the coming weeks.

Maybe you can wear a sign---"ATTN. PIGS---if someone is about to stab me to death---YOU MAY
Rosie, from observation of all of your postings on these type of topics on USMB, it appears that you've got a problem....
And need to seek some help from your colleagues in the medical field, or spiritual help from your Rabbi.... Imho.

Actually, police are trained to aim for center mass. I don't believe they are shooting to kill, they are shooting to stop the target. Center mass being the place where a lot of vital organs are located.

You'd really have a hard time trying to shoot to maim. Trying to shoot for the legs or arms is difficult. You'd end up missing a lot of shots.

I'm sure those with more knowledge will correct me, but I'm thinking this is accurate.
He shot her FOUR TIMES, center mass. 4 shots...not 1 or even twice, or even thrice, but 4 shots?? Why was that necessary?
I don't know. That will be answered in the coming weeks.
I don't necessarily want him to get in trouble....he likely was following procedure or training...

But it is something that should be discussed, out in the open, imo. Is this what we want our law enforcement to continue to do? Is there a way to make it better, so cops are still safe, and fewer perps are killed before their trial and convictions? Is their training the right training, making a traffic ticket, or warrant being served or 20 $ counterfeit used, or a knife wielding person vs a gun pointing at you person, all the same....shoot to kill????

That's just hard to stomach for me......

Last edited:

It wasn't clear until after the 2nd shot that Bryant & her knife were not a danger to the woman in pink. Unlike police shooting knife wielding Kajieme Powell 9 times, when it was clear he was falling down after 3 shots. However Powell did demand police shoot him.

Then they cuffed the dead piece of meat without rendering any aid.

Last edited:
Actually this meme applies
1619175559214.png

Trying to play the race card? Really?
How about addressing the two knifings in OH in one week by young black girls?
WTF is the black community going to do to stop these?
Or are black on black knife murders okay?

Because shooting a pistol accurately is very difficult cops are taught to shoot "center mass" to avoid wild bullets killing passers-by.
That OH cop was an excellent shot only hitting the perp and not the gal in pink, who was a fraction of a second away from being dead. That cop deserves a medal or commendation.

EVERY SINGLE COP is taught to shoot center mass because any other area is a probable miss. They are taught to fire until the target goes down as well no sane cop would fire once and then look to see if it worked that gets you killed.By the time he could tackle her she would have stabbed the other girl AND his tackling her would drive her forward into the other girl also stabbing her.

Rosie, from observation of all of your postings on these type of topics on USMB, it appears that you've got a problem....
And need to seek some help from your colleagues in the medical field, or spiritual help from your Rabbi.... Imho.
Maybe you need to think about your leftist programming, like "Critical Race Theory"?
This case is a great "Rorschach Test" for reality based "critical thinking".
1. Would replacing armed cops with social workers have had a better outcome? (still one dead girl, and one murderer back on the streets)
2. Would defunding the police, having no police come, have been better? (see #1 above)
3. Would having unarmed police have been better? (see #1 above)

You whine about the outcome, but don't put up any better policies to effect a better outcome.
How do you stop young ______ from knifing (or shooting) each other?

The Police Officer was totally wrong and should have used his laser beam eyes to disarm the sixteen year old with the knife, baked her some cookies and gave her some milk and then explained how her anger could have or should have gotten her killed...

( No, I am not being serious there at all! )

Look people the fact is had the Cop done nothing or failed while trying to do something that sixteen year old could have killed the other female and then the left would have been yelping about how the Cop failed to protect the other female, so it is damn it you do and damn if you don’t scenario!

Maybe you need to think about your leftist programming, like "Critical Race Theory"?
This case is a great "Rorschach Test" for reality based "critical thinking".
1. Would replacing armed cops with social workers have had a better outcome? (still one dead girl, and one murderer back on the streets)
2. Would defunding the police, having no police come, have been better? (see #1 above)
3. Would having unarmed police have been better? (see #1 above)

You whine about the outcome, but don't put up any better policies to effect a better outcome.
How do you stop young ______ from knifing (or shooting) each other?

for the record---social service workers are subject
to ASSAULT by disgruntled "clients" as in----
"I can't get the perks and welfare I want"?----PUNCH
IN THE EYE!!! I have dealt with it-------who knows---
the more the "social workers for criminals" program
gets around----maybe it will include KNIFE ATTACKS

Amost certainly NO.

A more proficient police officer would have been able to remedy the situation so that it didn't result in death.

Death was the outcome and that can never be seen as a successful handling of the situation.

Once again it simply boils down to bad policing that's due to a lack of police concern for black lives.

It would be a near certainty that had the knife wielder been a white child and the intended victim a black child, the outcome would have been different and more desirable.

Americans can't understand this and so the fight to reform their police will be long, which will most likely result in police pushing the envelope on their right to kill to even greater heights.

Oh? you must be speaking of Superman, the Man of Steel no doubt could have blitzed forward, stopped the knife thrust with his hands of steel, and then calmly lifted the attacking girl up and flown her away to the North pole to cool off.

Normal human beings however, don't have that option.
Police action resulting in death is pretty obviously your accepted priority billie.
I'm here to point that out and leave no ambiguity on the question.

The more you bark off your ignorant cakehole, the more fuel for your fires!
Are you trying to argue that cops shouldn't be able to kill violent criminals in order to protect themselves and innocent people? So delusional it sounds communist.

Amost certainly NO.

A more proficient police officer would have been able to remedy the situation so that it didn't result in death.

Death was the outcome and that can never be seen as a successful handling of the situation.

Once again it simply boils down to bad policing that's due to a lack of police concern for black lives.

It would be a near certainty that had the knife wielder been a white child and the intended victim a black child, the outcome would have been different and more desirable.

Americans can't understand this and so the fight to reform their police will be long, which will most likely result in police pushing the envelope on their right to kill to even greater heights.

Oh? you must be speaking of Superman, the Man of Steel no doubt could have blitzed forward, stopped the knife thrust with his hands of steel, and then calmly lifted the attacking girl up and flown her away to the North pole to cool off.

Normal human beings however, don't have that option.
Police action resulting in death is pretty obviously your accepted priority billie.
I'm here to point that out and leave no ambiguity on the question.

The more you bark off your ignorant cakehole, the more fuel for your fires!
Are you trying to argue that cops shouldn't be able to kill violent criminals in order to protect themselves and innocent people? So delusional it sounds communist.

my question to cyberspace : What would have been
the response on the street if the cop had just LET THE
KNIFE ATTACK HAPPEN? anyone?

Why doesn't he carry a 44 like Harry ?

We don't know for sure it was an aggressive attempt to stab, much less kill.
Nor is a knife almost ever fatal when there is an opportunity of defense.
Nor did the cop try a less lethal option, like taser, club, warning shot, single shot, etc.

4 shots is over kill.
A knife is a lethal weapon. There was no opportunity for defense.

Lethal threats require lethal responses it is that simple. Warning shots are never permitted for good reason. One shoots until the threat is down.

4 shots is appropriate and righteously justified.

IMHO there is no justification for the police to allow anyone to murder an unarmed person.
The girl with the knife is attempting to murder an unarmed girl, totally unacceptable.
Anyone who blames the cop for anything other than doing his job "protecting" the unarmed girl is a racist gaslighting POS.

View attachment 482782

The Biden admin just can't stop blaming cops instead of blaming criminals!? The GOP has lots of ammo for 2022 and 2024.
It looks like it from just a video. I'm assuming that tazing was not an option.

That would not immediately stop it, but a bullet can stop it immediately.

It happened very fast!

We don't know for sure it was going to happen at all?
The girl with the knife could have been just trying to scare.
Which is irrelevant.

EVERY SINGLE COP is taught to shoot center mass because any other area is a probable miss. They are taught to fire until the target goes down as well no sane cop would fire once and then look to see if it worked that gets you killed.By the time he could tackle her she would have stabbed the other girl AND his tackling her would drive her forward into the other girl also stabbing her.
it was a knife, not a gun...a shot to the chest or stomach would stop anyone with a knife, from continuing their lunge imo..But 2 or three more shots? ... If it was a gun, pointed at the girl, I'd be standing there with you on this....
So, did the girl with the knife, call 911 for help in the dispute, or not????

Last edited:

Forum List

Back