Was the Columbus, OH., police officer justified shooting the knife wielding girl? (poll)

Do you support the police officer shooting the knife wielding girl protecting the unarmed girl?

• Yes, the shooting was justified.

Votes: 111 94.1%
  • No, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters
Amost certainly NO.

A more proficient police officer would have been able to remedy the situation so that it didn't result in death.

Death was the outcome and that can never be seen as a successful handling of the situation.

Once again it simply boils down to bad policing that's due to a lack of police concern for black lives.

It would be a near certainty that had the knife wielder been a white child and the intended victim a black child, the outcome would have been different and more desirable.

Americans can't understand this and so the fight to reform their police will be long, which will most likely result in police pushing the envelope on their right to kill to even greater heights.

Oh? you must be speaking of Superman, the Man of Steel no doubt could have blitzed forward, stopped the knife thrust with his hands of steel, and then calmly lifted the attacking girl up and flown her away to the North pole to cool off.

Normal human beings however, don't have that option.
Superman would have used his heat vision to heat up the knife. She would have dropped it instantly. The girl would have gone on to become a brain surgeon and she would have developed a cure for Biden's dementia.

Such a waste! The WHITE cop should get the death penalty for shooting the wrong person

Amost certainly NO.

A more proficient police officer would have been able to remedy the situation so that it didn't result in death.

Death was the outcome and that can never be seen as a successful handling of the situation.

Once again it simply boils down to bad policing that's due to a lack of police concern for black lives.

It would be a near certainty that had the knife wielder been a white child and the intended victim a black child, the outcome would have been different and more desirable.

Americans can't understand this and so the fight to reform their police will be long, which will most likely result in police pushing the envelope on their right to kill to even greater heights.
The idea that you know how to do policing better than the police doesn't pass the laugh test.
That you think you do is just laughable.
I didn't say I do, but I know that you don't.
You don't.
Listen to what I posted: I know that you don't.

The only thing I have a problem with is always, no matter the reason, shooting to kill....why can't cops be trained to shoot to maime in certain cases like with an attacker yielding a knife?

The only thing I have a problem with is always, no matter the reason, shooting to kill....why can't cops be trained to shoot to maime in certain cases like with an attacker yielding a knife?
Actually, police are trained to aim for center mass. I don't believe they are shooting to kill, they are shooting to stop the target. Center mass being the place where a lot of vital organs are located.

You'd really have a hard time trying to shoot to maim. Trying to shoot for the legs or arms is difficult. You'd end up missing a lot of shots.

I'm sure those with more knowledge will correct me, but I'm thinking this is accurate.

Because the chances of that being successful are indistinguishable from nil.

If only we could judge America from the attitudes on this forum? I have to give America the benefit of the doubt and think that this 90% yes answer is only a reflection of an extremist fringe who are immersed in racism, hate, and a need to see more violence.

It needs to be tested somehow and maybe a comparison to other similar forums would be a way?

Could a lot of this be because the US has been defanged by China and there's no way to stay the lead aggressor in the world withe M.A.D. detterent to more new US led wars?

Encouraging the extra rabid frothing at the mouth is starting to produce results.
Anyone who believes a woman who is about to plunge a knife into someone doesn't deserve to be shot is insane.
The problem is the girl with the knife is the one who called 911 to protect her from the thugs as she was defending her property, life & home with that knife.

Maybe she didn't see the police roll up while she was focused on fighting off multiple attackers. The officer did not have a chance to sort the mess out & saved the criminals from the victim. It is a very sad situation.

The cop did the correct thing. I feel as solid about this as I did when I witnessed a black MP blow away a white soldier who had been threatening his wife and would not put down his weapon when ordered to do so. Both, imo, were human acts untouched by 'racism.'

A firearm is much different.
Most people are too inexperienced to even be able to kill with a knife if they wanted to.
It is not that easy.

And regardless of the knife attack, less lethal means could have been tried, like a warning shot, or a single shot.
Why 4 shots?
That allowed no possibility of survival.

A single shot to the head would have worked. You commies just love second guessing people that are in a situation while you sit on your fat ass. If the little thug wanted to stay healthy she shouldn't have attacked others with a deadly weapon.

^^^ The words of an American cultural fascist.

Fuck you racist. Why don't you have the balls to debate what I said? OH right, with you commies it all about the propaganda and facts are irrelevant. The commie narrative must be advanced at all costs. You freaks seem to be celebrating every death. Perhaps you should be teaching children that life is to be respected and protected and when you threaten another life, you could be well forfeiting your own. Evidently this girl was never taught that.
You talk but don't say anything of sense, so why debate you?

You are an American cultural fascist, whose philosophy means only bad things for the United States and its people

You need to learn to respect all life and protect all life.

That you turn the legitimate use of police force into a rant about your political enemies is simply and stupidly wasteful of thought and words.

So you're another foreign commie puke that thinks they have a right it interfere in our affairs. FOAD

The cop did the correct thing. I feel as solid about this as I did when I witnessed a black MP blow away a white soldier who had been threatening his wife and would not put down his weapon when ordered to do so. Both, imo, were human acts untouched by 'racism.'

Most people are too inexperienced to even be able to kill with a knife if they wanted to.
It is not that easy.

And regardless of the knife attack, less lethal means could have been tried, like a warning shot, or a single shot.
Why 4 shots?
I get all that, but I would have done the same. A knife can kill, period. And if the attacker closed in, how many times could she have slid that blade in?

I am not saying the shooting was criminal, but that more expertise could have possibly produced a better result.
The fact is MIGHT have been a knife murder does not mean it was for sure.
Nor a 16 year old likely to continue an attack after the first hollow point .40S&W round mushroomed inside her abdomen.
I also don't think police should use deadly hollow points.
They claim it to reduce over penetration of walls, but I don't buy that.
That is actually the reason. Before hollow points became the norm bullets would go through walls, ceilings and floors killing people in other rooms.

It is not that easy.

Why 4 shots?

A single shot to the head would have worked. You commies just love second guessing people that are in a situation while you sit on your fat ass. If the little thug wanted to stay healthy she shouldn't have attacked others with a deadly weapon.

Fuck you racist. Why don't you have the balls to debate what I said? OH right, with you commies it all about the propaganda and facts are irrelevant. The commie narrative must be advanced at all costs. You freaks seem to be celebrating every death. Perhaps you should be teaching children that life is to be respected and protected and when you threaten another life, you could be well forfeiting your own. Evidently this girl was never taught that.

You are an American cultural fascist, whose philosophy means only bad things for the United States and its people

That you turn the legitimate use of police force into a rant about your political enemies is simply and stupidly wasteful of thought and words.

So you're another foreign commie puke that thinks they have a right it interfere in our affairs. FOAD

Aiming for heads, arms, legs, hands, gives opportunity to miss and hit a bystander. Training is for the largest part of the body.

That is a really stupid thing to say. Police officers aren't trained trick shot artists. They are trained to shoot center of mass, it makes the possibility of stray round or ricochet less likely. You need to go to a concealed carry course to aid in curing your ignorance.

If only we could judge America from the attitudes on this forum? I have to give America the benefit of the doubt and think that this 90% yes answer is only a reflection of an extremist fringe who are immersed in racism, hate, and a need to see more violence.

It needs to be tested somehow and maybe a comparison to other similar forums would be a way?

Could a lot of this be because the US has been defanged by China and there's no way to stay the lead aggressor in the world withe M.A.D. detterent to more new US led wars?

Encouraging the extra rabid frothing at the mouth is starting to produce results.
Anyone who believes a woman who is about to plunge a knife into someone doesn't deserve to be shot is insane.
The problem is the girl with the knife is the one who called 911 to protect her from the thugs as she was defending her property, life & home with that knife.

Maybe she didn't see the police roll up while she was focused on fighting off multiple attackers. The officer did not have a chance to sort the mess out & saved the criminals from the victim. It is a very sad situation.

If it was her home, why wasn't she in it, instead of charging two people with a deadly weapon in hand?

It is not that easy.

Why 4 shots?

Aiming for heads, arms, legs, hands, gives opportunity to miss and hit a bystander. Training is for the largest part of the body.

What does that have to do with me telling a foreign commie to FOAD? Also with more than 20 years in the military and another decade as a concealed carry holder, I know the aim points.

That is a really stupid thing to say. Police officers aren't trained trick shot artists. They are trained to shoot center of mass, it makes the possibility of stray round or ricochet less likely. You need to go to a concealed carry course to aid in curing your ignorance.

Then maybe in some cases, they should not pull out their gun at all..... If they know they are going to likely kill, whomever they shoot, and that person was initially stopped for a minor infraction....

All the cop tv shows as a kid, showed cops chasing down and running after thieves, or even really bad guys until they caught up with them and tackled them, not shooting down, center mass.....and killing them.

Were those cop tv shows just Hollywood, brainwashing us, about cops being the good guys, and not using their guns to kill unless they were being shot at... was all bull crap?

That's what my hubby said he had read on Facebook, but I thought it was likely fake news....???

So is this true? Was she the one who called 911 for help???

Actually, police are trained to aim for center mass. I don't believe they are shooting to kill, they are shooting to stop the target. Center mass being the place where a lot of vital organs are located.

You'd really have a hard time trying to shoot to maim. Trying to shoot for the legs or arms is difficult. You'd end up missing a lot of shots.

I'm sure those with more knowledge will correct me, but I'm thinking this is accurate.
He shot her FOUR TIMES, center mass. 4 shots...not 1 or even twice, or even thrice, but 4 shots?? Why was that necessary?

If it was her home, why wasn't she in it, instead of charging two people with a deadly weapon in hand?

Ma'Khia Bryant was standing her ground and defending her home/castle as the "castle doctrine" allows. It looks like her father also kicked the (first woman that Ma'Khia had taken to the ground) in the back of the head as she was trying to get up when police arrived.

I don't know if they should have been defending their home or standing their ground all the way onto the sidewalk.

dispatchers first received a call for help from a woman who told officers that people were trying to fight and stab her and others, according to an audio recording played during the press conference. A second 911 caller also asked police to respond to the scene, but the call ended quickly after the person realized police had just arrived.

Bryant's family told WBNS-TV that Bryant was the one who called the police for help, saying people were fighting outside her house.

Last edited:

Then maybe in some cases, they should not pull out their gun at all..... If they know they are going to likely kill, whomever they shoot, and that person was initially stopped for a minor infraction....

All the cop tv shows as a kid, showed cops chasing down and running after thieves, or even really bad guys until they caught up with them and tackled them, not shooting down, center mass.....and killing them.

Were those cop tv shows just Hollywood, brainwashing us, about cops being the good guys, and not using their guns to kill unless they were being shot at... was all bull crap?
be specific now and explain HOW this cop in THIS situation had any other choice?

New Topics

Forum List

Back