Was the Columbus, OH., police officer justified shooting the knife wielding girl? (poll)

Do you support the police officer shooting the knife wielding girl protecting the unarmed girl?

• Yes, the shooting was justified.

Votes: 111 94.1%
  • No, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters
The cop did the correct thing. I feel as solid about this as I did when I witnessed a black MP blow away a white soldier who had been threatening his wife and would not put down his weapon when ordered to do so. Both, imo, were human acts untouched by 'racism.'

A firearm is much different.
Most people are too inexperienced to even be able to kill with a knife if they wanted to.
It is not that easy.

And regardless of the knife attack, less lethal means could have been tried, like a warning shot, or a single shot.
Why 4 shots?
That allowed no possibility of survival.
I get all that, but I would have done the same. A knife can kill, period. And if the attacker closed in, how many times could she have slid that blade in?

I am not saying the shooting was criminal, but that more expertise could have possibly produced a better result.
The fact is MIGHT have been a knife murder does not mean it was for sure.
Nor a 16 year old likely to continue an attack after the first hollow point .40S&W round mushroomed inside her abdomen.
I also don't think police should use deadly hollow points.
They claim it to reduce over penetration of walls, but I don't buy that.

You know absolutely nothing about shooting, or how the human body reacts to being shot. Humans don't just stop trying to kill someone because they got shot. That only happens in the movies. Four shots in that situation is actually quite low. The officer has no idea if his rounds are having an effect so he shoots till he SEE's and effect. Morons, like you, apparently, would shoot, wait....watch the girl get stabbed, then say "stop or I'll shoot again" while the girl is stabbing over and over and over.

Get an education then come back.

The Biden admin just can't stop blaming cops instead of blaming criminals!? The GOP has lots of ammo for 2022 and 2024.

Good! More ammo is probably the best way forward to a solution for America. The streets must run red with the blood of it's citizens.

It can also serve to harden the opinions of the rest of the world on America's turn to fascism.

Not to mention the leg up it all gives to China!
We'll just put you down in the "wants to see more dead black people" column.

The cop did the correct thing. I feel as solid about this as I did when I witnessed a black MP blow away a white soldier who had been threatening his wife and would not put down his weapon when ordered to do so. Both, imo, were human acts untouched by 'racism.'

Most people are too inexperienced to even be able to kill with a knife if they wanted to.
It is not that easy.

And regardless of the knife attack, less lethal means could have been tried, like a warning shot, or a single shot.
Why 4 shots?

A single shot to the head would have worked. You commies just love second guessing people that are in a situation while you sit on your fat ass. If the little thug wanted to stay healthy she shouldn't have attacked others with a deadly weapon.

^^^ The words of an American cultural fascist.

Your words are those of an imbecile who knows nothing about violent encounters.

If only we could judge America from the attitudes on this forum? I have to give America the benefit of the doubt and think that this 90% yes answer is only a reflection of an extremist fringe who are immersed in racism, hate, and a need to see more violence.

It needs to be tested somehow and maybe a comparison to other similar forums would be a way?

Could a lot of this be because the US has been defanged by China and there's no way to stay the lead aggressor in the world withe M.A.D. detterent to more new US led wars?

Encouraging the extra rabid frothing at the mouth is starting to produce results.

We can judge you, and you are lacking.

We don't know for sure it was an aggressive attempt to stab, much less kill.
Nor is a knife almost ever fatal when there is an opportunity of defense.
Nor did the cop try a less lethal option, like taser, club, warning shot, single shot, etc.

4 shots is over kill.
Ahhh. It was a "mostly peaceful" stabbing.

You leftists sure are generous with other people's blood.

If only we could judge America from the attitudes on this forum? I have to give America the benefit of the doubt and think that this 90% yes answer is only a reflection of an extremist fringe who are immersed in racism, hate, and a need to see more violence.

It needs to be tested somehow and maybe a comparison to other similar forums would be a way?

Could a lot of this be because the US has been defanged by China and there's no way to stay the lead aggressor in the world withe M.A.D. detterent to more new US led wars?

Encouraging the extra rabid frothing at the mouth is starting to produce results.
None of us have a say where our taxes go and who manages the social justice programs. There are enough of you Progs. Go take care of the problem. You won't. Defund the police in your areas. Do it! The local governments are massively in your control. If everything is fine after, then you are right. But as police have stepped back just a bit, murders have gone up big time in cities. They are unnamed as they were killed by their own. States rights are going to become more and more important now. If you live in those areas, you better think it over. If you never have then you need to shut up.

...says the dumbass who wanted the one girl stabbed.

It is not that easy.

Why 4 shots?

A single shot to the head would have worked. You commies just love second guessing people that are in a situation while you sit on your fat ass. If the little thug wanted to stay healthy she shouldn't have attacked others with a deadly weapon.

Fuck you racist. Why don't you have the balls to debate what I said? OH right, with you commies it all about the propaganda and facts are irrelevant. The commie narrative must be advanced at all costs. You freaks seem to be celebrating every death. Perhaps you should be teaching children that life is to be respected and protected and when you threaten another life, you could be well forfeiting your own. Evidently this girl was never taught that.
You talk but don't say anything of sense, so why debate you?

You are an American cultural fascist, whose philosophy means only bad things for the United States and its people

You need to learn to respect all life and protect all life.

That you turn the legitimate use of police force into a rant about your political enemies is simply and stupidly wasteful of thought and words.
Left wingers don't even know what fascism is.
That's right: it's all on the right wing with people like you.

It is not that easy.

Why 4 shots?

Your words are those of an imbecile who knows nothing about violent encounters.
:)

The black talking heads on the commie networks are calling it a "murder" of an honor student. We call that "fake news".
We're on different planets, and I'm not on "Animal Planet".

How about that 13-year old Nyaira Givens getting stabbed to death in Cincinnati this past Monday?
That's two stabbings in one week in OH, except the police stopped the second stabbing. That's a bad thing? WTF??

IMHO we need more black moms like this one, stopping her son from rioting:

Then the cops wouldn't need to break up knife fights, or drive-by shootings by young criminals.

1619137776675.png

Amost certainly NO.

A more proficient police officer would have been able to remedy the situation so that it didn't result in death.

Death was the outcome and that can never be seen as a successful handling of the situation.

Once again it simply boils down to bad policing that's due to a lack of police concern for black lives.

It would be a near certainty that had the knife wielder been a white child and the intended victim a black child, the outcome would have been different and more desirable.

Americans can't understand this and so the fight to reform their police will be long, which will most likely result in police pushing the envelope on their right to kill to even greater heights.
Another victim of too much TV

And much too little IQ.

IMHO there is no justification for the police to allow anyone to murder an unarmed person.
The girl with the knife is attempting to murder an unarmed girl, totally unacceptable.
Anyone who blames the cop for anything other than doing his job "protecting" the unarmed girl is a racist gaslighting POS.

View attachment 482782

The Biden admin just can't stop blaming cops instead of blaming criminals!? The GOP has lots of ammo for 2022 and 2024.

Absolutely justified.

Good! More ammo is probably the best way forward to a solution for America. The streets must run red with the blood of it's citizens.

It can also serve to harden the opinions of the rest of the world on America's turn to fascism.

Not to mention the leg up it all gives to China!

Yep, with Biden in there, China already has a leg up on us...and they're pissing.

Amost certainly NO.

A more proficient police officer would have been able to remedy the situation so that it didn't result in death.

Death was the outcome and that can never be seen as a successful handling of the situation.

Once again it simply boils down to bad policing that's due to a lack of police concern for black lives.

It would be a near certainty that had the knife wielder been a white child and the intended victim a black child, the outcome would have been different and more desirable.

Americans can't understand this and so the fight to reform their police will be long, which will most likely result in police pushing the envelope on their right to kill to even greater heights.
The idea that you know how to do policing better than the police doesn't pass the laugh test.
That you think you do is just laughable.
I didn't say I do, but I know that you don't.

Oh, the Race Card Players will try to make that 16-year-old knife-wielding Neanderthal into some kind of saint or martyr...

With any luck, the American People at-large will reject that approach, in this particular instance...

Damned-stupid foolish girl... Nature has de-selected you...

IMHO there is no justification for the police to allow anyone to murder an unarmed person.
The girl with the knife is attempting to murder an unarmed girl, totally unacceptable.
Anyone who blames the cop for anything other than doing his job "protecting" the unarmed girl is a racist gaslighting POS.

View attachment 482782

They should have sent in a couple of social workers to demonstrate how their police reforms would work against a deranged psychopath armed with a deadly weapon who was apparently ready to use it.

1329324058766_1637273.png

Amost certainly NO.

The idea that you know how to do policing better than the police doesn't pass the laugh test.
That you think you do is just laughable.
I didn't say I do, but I know that you don't.
You don't.

It is not that easy.

Why 4 shots?
Perhaps you're right. The officer entered a domestic violence situation. Upon seeing the situation, he drew his weapon. I don't know if it is standard police training to pull your sidearm when entering into such situation, but he did.

He could have pulled his taser instead, but, how do you know? Maybe the taser would have worked, maybe it wouldn't have. Maybe he would have missed with the taser. There are a lot of possibilities there.

What we do know is that there are only 11 seconds from the time the officer exited his car and the time he started shooting.

We do know that he attempted to make contact and witnessed a fight in progress and they two in conflict fell on the ground in front of the officer. One of the girls got up and started attacking the girl in pink.

The whole thing happened in 11 seconds. The officer exited his car and tried to find out what was going on. At the 9 second point, once he sees the fight happening, he pulls his gun, 2 to 3 seconds later he fired at the girl with the knife.

So, yes, perhaps he should have tried to get involved with the fight to stop it once he saw them fall to the ground in front of him. This is tricky because he still doesn't know what is going on.

Perhaps he should not have drawn his weapon until he found out what was going on. Again, I don't know, it could be standard procedure to pull your weapon upon entering a violent scene. The speed at which it all happened, had he not had his weapon drawn, the girl in pink may have been injured before he could have gotten his weapon out and aimed.

Had he drawn his taser instead, he may have been able to stop it, but, what if there was more than one attacker? What if he had fired the taser and it missed? Again, the girl could have been injured.

So, let say now, that the girl had succeeded at the stab? The girl in the pink could have been fine, just with a stab wound. Or, there could have been a puncture to the stomach, with internal bleeding and the girl in the pink could have died. Had this happened, the family of the girl in pink would have been blaming the officer, asking why he didn't do anything to stop it.

What if the girl with the knife would have been able to make several stab attempts before the officer was able to draw his weapon?

There are a lot of what ifs to be pondered here. What if the officer would have hesitated even for a second? It could have been the girl in pink would have died.

I say all of this as a tie in to my other post in the other thread about this. That, being that, no matter what happened here, the officer is in a bad situation. In this instance, there was no right call, at least not in the short amount of time he had to read the situation.

The racial narrative started even before any information came out, and the media are already printing headlines blaming the police.

This is all further evidence that the only immediate and simple solution is to pull all white police from black communities and pull all black police from white communities. Until we can get this sorted out and start making changes, this is the most immediate action that is sure to stop white police from killing black people.

Forum List

Back