Was the Columbus, OH., police officer justified shooting the knife wielding girl? (poll)

Do you support the police officer shooting the knife wielding girl protecting the unarmed girl?

• Yes, the shooting was justified.

Votes: 111 94.1%
  • No, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters
IMHO there is no justification for the police to allow anyone to murder an unarmed person.
The girl with the knife is attempting to murder an unarmed girl, totally unacceptable.
Anyone who blames the cop for anything other than doing his job "protecting" the unarmed girl is a racist gaslighting POS.

View attachment 482782

The Biden admin just can't stop blaming cops instead of blaming criminals!? The GOP has lots of ammo for 2022 and 2024.
It looks like it from just a video. I'm assuming that tazing was not an option.

That would not immediately stop it, but a bullet can stop it immediately.

It happened very fast!

We don't know for sure it was going to happen at all?
The girl with the knife could have been just trying to scare.

Now you want cops to be mind readers?

The shooting was legally justified, but it was the wrong move from beginning till end. The cop could have just as easily shot the victim. This isn't a movie where you shoot, and your bullet magically ends up only killing your suspect, standing inches from the victim.

The mother said her daughter was a loving child and an honor roll student. I'm sorry, maam, your daughter was about to commit murder with a knife. What kind of monsters are being raised in black communities? It wasn't that long ago that a black 12 and 15 year old murdered an uber eats driver.

IMHO there is no justification for the police to allow anyone to murder an unarmed person.
The girl with the knife is attempting to murder an unarmed girl, totally unacceptable.
Anyone who blames the cop for anything other than doing his job "protecting" the unarmed girl is a racist gaslighting POS.

View attachment 482782

The Biden admin just can't stop blaming cops instead of blaming criminals!? The GOP has lots of ammo for 2022 and 2024.
It looks like it from just a video. I'm assuming that tazing was not an option.

That would not immediately stop it, but a bullet can stop it immediately.

It happened very fast!

We don't know for sure it was going to happen at all?
The girl with the knife could have been just trying to scare.

You advocate that she stab her first before the police decide to shoot her, is that what you are suggesting?

What about the 911 call you seem to ignore?

We don't know for sure it was an aggressive attempt to stab, much less kill.
Nor is a knife almost ever fatal when there is an opportunity of defense.
Nor did the cop try a less lethal option, like taser, club, warning shot, single shot, etc.

4 shots is over kill.

You don't know that, you were not there. Police are trained to fire until the suspect goes down. The officer that was there decided 3 shots wasn't enough and 5 would have been too many. Deal with it.

The cop did the correct thing. I feel as solid about this as I did when I witnessed a black MP blow away a white soldier who had been threatening his wife and would not put down his weapon when ordered to do so. Both, imo, were human acts untouched by 'racism.'

A firearm is much different.
Most people are too inexperienced to even be able to kill with a knife if they wanted to.
It is not that easy.

And regardless of the knife attack, less lethal means could have been tried, like a warning shot, or a single shot.
Why 4 shots?
That allowed no possibility of survival.

A single shot to the head would have worked. You commies just love second guessing people that are in a situation while you sit on your fat ass. If the little thug wanted to stay healthy she shouldn't have attacked others with a deadly weapon.

Good! More ammo is probably the best way forward to a solution for America. The streets must run red with the blood of it's citizens.

It can also serve to harden the opinions of the rest of the world on America's turn to fascism.

Not to mention the leg up it all gives to China!

I think the Ammo is rhetorical for political advertisements in the upcoming elections, not really the blood n guts, veins in your teeth battle between Americans you dream of....but I may be wrong. Carry on!
Exactly! The Brit POS is probably a relocated SN who doesn't appreciate civilization.

I was listening to two different call in shows. Black people calling in, and there were mostly black callers, supported the act of letting the girl get stabbed. The cop was clearly racist for interfering into a "kid fight".

Why do they bother calling the police? These are creatures that have lost their humanity.

The shooting was legally justified, but it was the wrong move from beginning till end. The cop could have just as easily shot the victim. This isn't a movie where you shoot, and your bullet magically ends up only killing your suspect, standing inches from the victim.

The mother said her daughter was a loving child and an honor roll student. I'm sorry, maam, your daughter was about to commit murder with a knife. What kind of monsters are being raised in black communities? It wasn't that long ago that a black 12 and 15 year old murdered an uber eats driver.

Well, I guess it was a risk, sure, but less of one than NOT shooting her and letting her stab the girl instead. It's not like the cop was all that far from her, and one would hope his aim isn't THAT bad. If there was a GOOD choice in that situation, I'm sure I don't know what it was.

The cop did the correct thing. I feel as solid about this as I did when I witnessed a black MP blow away a white soldier who had been threatening his wife and would not put down his weapon when ordered to do so. Both, imo, were human acts untouched by 'racism.'

Most people are too inexperienced to even be able to kill with a knife if they wanted to.
It is not that easy.

And regardless of the knife attack, less lethal means could have been tried, like a warning shot, or a single shot.
Why 4 shots?
I get all that, but I would have done the same. A knife can kill, period. And if the attacker closed in, how many times could she have slid that blade in?

I am not saying the shooting was criminal, but that more expertise could have possibly produced a better result.
The fact is MIGHT have been a knife murder does not mean it was for sure.
Nor a 16 year old likely to continue an attack after the first hollow point .40S&W round mushroomed inside her abdomen.
I also don't think police should use deadly hollow points.
They claim it to reduce over penetration of walls, but I don't buy that.

It was a justified use of DPF.

Period

That is a legal point.
How about the more practical discussion on whether or not it was optimal?
Could fewer shots have been less deadly?
Should the police use hollow points, which actually are like little buzz saws?
Should police be trained to fire warning shots or just shoot once and see?

Amost certainly NO.

A more proficient police officer would have been able to remedy the situation so that it didn't result in death.

Death was the outcome and that can never be seen as a successful handling of the situation.

Once again it simply boils down to bad policing that's due to a lack of police concern for black lives.

It would be a near certainty that had the knife wielder been a white child and the intended victim a black child, the outcome would have been different and more desirable.

Americans can't understand this and so the fight to reform their police will be long, which will most likely result in police pushing the envelope on their right to kill to even greater heights.

Here's to hoping that the next one shot was trying to stab someone you love.

The real craziness is that departments have slowed down a bit and murders are way up. so we talk the minimal police killing Black men and women and turn it into a Broadway production while countless more people are killed in the same areas by their own and we hear nothing about them.

We don't know for sure it was an aggressive attempt to stab, much less kill.
Nor is a knife almost ever fatal when there is an opportunity of defense.
Nor did the cop try a less lethal option, like taser, club, warning shot, single shot, etc.

4 shots is over kill.

What’s the difference between a “ non aggressive attempt to stab” and a “ aggressive attempt to stab?” Why didn’t she put the knife down?? :ahole-1:

White kids kill, too, as you well know. I think the cop acted properly.

It is not that easy.

Why 4 shots?
I get all that, but I would have done the same. A knife can kill, period. And if the attacker closed in, how many times could she have slid that blade in?

I am not saying the shooting was criminal, but that more expertise could have possibly produced a better result.
The fact is MIGHT have been a knife murder does not mean it was for sure.
Nor a 16 year old likely to continue an attack after the first hollow point .40S&W round mushroomed inside her abdomen.
I also don't think police should use deadly hollow points.
They claim it to reduce over penetration of walls, but I don't buy that.
The shooting was appropriate.

I agree with you about not using hollow points.

It was a justified use of DPF.

Period

That is a legal point.
How about the more practical discussion on whether or not it was optimal?
Could fewer shots have been less deadly?
Should the police use hollow points, which actually are like little buzz saws?
Should police be trained to fire warning shots or just shoot once and see?
It is possible the first shot killed her. It happened so fast though and we weren't there.
Hollow points are fine. If that is what was used. Deadly force is just that.
Fire a warning shot where? In the air and chance it coming down and hurting or killing a bystander? In the ground and chance a ricochet?

It is not that easy.

Why 4 shots?

A single shot to the head would have worked. You commies just love second guessing people that are in a situation while you sit on your fat ass. If the little thug wanted to stay healthy she shouldn't have attacked others with a deadly weapon.

^^^ The words of an American cultural fascist.

Looks like there are no limits with LeBron James.
The dude should just play basketball.

A U.S. senator is accusing LeBron James of "inciting violence" against a police officer after the NBA superstar shared a photo of the cop with the caption "you're next."

Forum List

Back