Was Ross Perot Right

Was Ross Perot Right?

• Yes, US jobs went away with many US factories, NAFTA was DUMB

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No, the "service economy" isn't a hoax, we're all fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ross was a joke. the economy is "as sound as the US dollar"

• No, Obama will bring back US manufcaturing jobs.

• Total voters
Anyone who doesn't tow the Party-Lines is simply "Crazy." Both Parties have managed to pull that one off with the use of their Media Puppets. Yup you're just soo "Crazy" for actually wanting our politicians to follow our Constitution. When will more people wake up to this farce?

No, Ross Perot wasn't right. He was a protectionist and wrongly blamed free trade, which NAFTA doesn't give us in the first place, for the economic problems caused by the government.

I used "NAFTA" as an acronym for all the stupid trade treaties that lowers the US standard of living by moving jobs and factories overseas.

Whats wrong with protectionism? We all know that "fair trade" was never fair to the US. All countries have protectionism to some degree. We can't sell rice or apples to Japan, China manipulates their currency, the US auto industry is contracting, etc.

just look at the US trade deficit and explain how protectionism is bad.

No, Ross Perot wasn't right. He was a protectionist and wrongly blamed free trade, which NAFTA doesn't give us in the first place, for the economic problems caused by the government.

I used "NAFTA" as an acronym for all the stupid trade treaties that lowers the US standard of living by moving jobs and factories overseas.

Whats wrong with protectionism? We all know that "fair trade" was never fair to the US. All countries have protectionism to some degree. We can't sell rice or apples to Japan, China manipulates their currency, the US auto industry is contracting, etc.

The U.S. has protectionism, and NAFTA is actually an agreement that allows for protectionism of certain industries. That doesn't sound like free trade to me. The point of protectionist policies is to make products more expensive for consumers than they need to be, how does that help anyone? Protectionism distorts the market by allowing firms that can't compete to get government assistance against their competition.

The Candlemakers' Petition - Frederic Bastiat - Mises Institute

A good article that exposes the fallacy of protectionism.

The U.S. has protectionism, and NAFTA is actually an agreement that allows for protectionism of certain industries. That doesn't sound like free trade to me. The point of protectionist policies is to make products more expensive for consumers than they need to be, how does that help anyone? Protectionism distorts the market by allowing firms that can't compete to get government assistance against their competition.

Thats a red-herring. Obama could roll-back the "American Jobs Creation Act" passed by the GOP that basically gives Wall Street big tax breaks to move US factories and jobs overseas. Yes the DC whores suck for campaign contributions, and cover their tracks with mis-named laws.
By protectionism I mean stopping tax breaks to move jobs overseas, and giving tax breaks to keep jobs here in the US. Puerto Rico gets tax breaks, minorities get tax breaks, everyone gets tax breaks but US workers.
The pantry is getting empty. There aren't too many more jobs to relocate. Tell me again how the global economy helps the US standard of living??

Thats a red-herring. Obama could roll-back the "American Jobs Creation Act" passed by the GOP that basically gives Wall Street big tax breaks to move US factories and jobs overseas. Yes the DC whores suck for campaign contributions, and cover their tracks with mis-named laws.
By protectionism I mean stopping tax breaks to move jobs overseas, and giving tax breaks to keep jobs here in the US. Puerto Rico gets tax breaks, minorities get tax breaks, everyone gets tax breaks but US workers.
The pantry is getting empty. There aren't too many more jobs to relocate. Tell me again how the global economy helps the US standard of living??

Well I'd support any tax breaks so it doesn't really matter to me what they're for. Doesn't change the fact that protectionism leads to stagnation and higher prices, which doesn't help anybody.

Well I'd support any tax breaks so it doesn't really matter to me what they're for. Doesn't change the fact that protectionism leads to stagnation and higher prices, which doesn't help anybody.

I think we agree tariffs are a bad idea. I think we also agree that moving US factories & jobs overseas is also a bad idea. I define "protectionism" as protecting US jobs and standard of living.

I think we agree tariffs are a bad idea. I think we also agree that moving US factories & jobs overseas is also a bad idea. I define "protectionism" as protecting US jobs and standard of living.

Sure, but it's not necessarily always bad to move jobs overseas. At any rate, we need to look at the real reason jobs are leaving America, and it has nothing to do with free trade and much to do with government policies.

The jobs go where the labor is cheapest.
It is an inevitable side effect of free trade and globalization.

Or an inevitable side effect of high taxes and high regulations.

One side effect of the regulations is the lower cancer rate, industrial deaths,etc.
And your children can safely swin in most US fresh waters again.

Labor is a far larger cost in most all forms production than taxes.

Forum List

Back