Was Jesus Black, Mixed, or White?

Here's an interesting tidbit...when the Christ was resurrected, Mary didn't recognize him until he spoke to her.

So whatever he looked like during life, his looks changed somewhat upon his death and resurrection.

Which I think tells us..it doesn't matter.

Truly, why does it matter what He looked like while He was mortal? He is Immortal now. He is a personage of pure light. Im sure He would probably look light to our mortal eyes even if He was dark as a mortal.

Because it mattered enough to change his image to white with blond hair and blue eyes. Why would someone do that if it didn't matter?

I suppose for the same reason you want Him to be black.
God is not a respecter of persons, so the question is, what color was Christ's heart? That's all that matters. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
In case I have misread the intent or intentions of posters here, I'd like to leave one more comment:

There are no races - there is only ONE human race and divisions between groups are man-made distinctions. There is no scientific reason to say there is more than one race.

Because of that - and for other reasons - I think asking what 'race' Jesus belonged to is clearly the wrong question. A better question is what ethnic group he was part of. The answer to that is he was clearly Jewish. Not European. Not African. Not Roman. Not Arabian.

So, how did his ethnicity play into what he said? Quite a bit, actually. His teaching forms, sayings and actions lines up with well known rabbinical forms.

K.

K.

How is trying to find the truth being negative or divisive? Unless you are saying whites like you will get uncomfortable but then I dont care. You should be for truth not convenience.

I know you are too stupid to realize it, but you are EXACTLY what all the other racists who pollute this site are - EXACTLY.

Ok. Feel better now?

Of course not. The lot of you are very disappointing.

His color doesn't matter. He was descended from David on his mother's side, and his father was God. He could have been purple, if it suited God's purpose. If his skin color was important, it would have a mention in the bible. It doesn't.

obama-messiah-jesus.jpg

Obama_Santa1.jpg

Both Jesus and Santa are black.

If you are bothered by the question I suggest you stop reading now. A comment was made in another thread concerning the appearance of God when he returns on judgement day and it got me to thinking about what people imagine God to look like. I further got to thinking about what Jesus looks as a sidebar.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/318855-i-have-a-question-2.html#post8007793

Everyone knows that the mind thinks in images. I am starting this thread so I can document what I find and post it for others to use and also assist in finding the truth. I am using the King James version of the Bible to do my research. I will post images when possible to assist in visualization. I especially welcome any comments that point out flaws as I am looking for the truth. I am attempting to document the lineage of Jesus and Black people. If you make a clueless, ignorant comment on this thread I will put you on the ignore list which I believe will also put you on ignore for the whole site as well.

The flesh is not important.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Because it mattered enough to change his image to white with blond hair and blue eyes. Why would someone do that if it didn't matter?

It matters to you because you only have enough space in your little pea brain for your agenda. You still don't see that you are part of the problem. People like you and matthew and shitshispeedos and 52nd street and poet and tank and the rest will never do anything but perpetuate negativity and division.

How is trying to find the truth being negative or divisive? Unless you are saying whites like you will get uncomfortable but then I dont care. You should be for truth not convenience.

So what is your truth?

It matters to you because you only have enough space in your little pea brain for your agenda. You still don't see that you are part of the problem. People like you and matthew and shitshispeedos and 52nd street and poet and tank and the rest will never do anything but perpetuate negativity and division.

So what is your truth?

Do you mean what I believe to be true?

Truly, why does it matter what He looked like while He was mortal? He is Immortal now. He is a personage of pure light. Im sure He would probably look light to our mortal eyes even if He was dark as a mortal.

Artistic license....

jesus was said to be a moor

that would make him black but in reality is there much said about his appearance in the bible?

NOTHING is said about his appearance in the Bible. He would have been of Jewish Middle Eastern appearance: dark skin, black curly hair, etc. Not looking like a black African and not looking like a European or Asian.

I think everyone has an image in their head of what God or Jesus looks like. We read books and automatically put a face on the people in the book. Which is why it is so hard to find actors to play them when it is turned into a movie.

Whether they want to share that image with others is up to them.

You are describing the tendency of the mind to think in pictures. In those books there are descriptive words that paint the picture for you. If you are handed the picture from childhood and told that is what a person looks like then it is even harder to shake that image. Luckily I was taught that Jesus is black but I know Black people that cant get rid of a picture of a white Jesus because thats what they saw growing up.

what?

jesus is black?

how do you know he was black? were you there?

your jesus being black.... i see the mind control worked on you too

Forum List

Back