Was It Racism?

Unpopular opinion....

George Floyd was murdered by Derick Chauvin. Was it done out of racism though or was it just portrayed as a racist act because the murdered was black and the murderer was white. I believe the latter.

Chauvin, in my mind, was doing something worse than racism if that's possible. I think he was just showing off for the trainees...showing off in the context of, "you're the boss out here". And the louder the crowd got and the more hate he drew...the stronger his conviction to show everyone "who's in charge" got.

Now, I don't think Floyd ends up on the ground if he's not black and apparently resistant. But I don't think the officer went out with the intent of harming a black man specifically.
He wasn't seeking a black man to act out on, but I guarantee you a white man wouldn't have been face down on the ground for 10 minutes. The unthinking disparity in treatment, even from you in your OP, is the "systemic racism" people are talking about.

how do you know? have you seen big strong obese intoxicated combative "white men" politely helped to their feet?

The question is, would he have done it if Floyd was white? Whites tend to fear Blacks and he might have been intimidated.

If Floyd had been white and Chauvin did exactly the same he would still be a police officer and you would praise him if you even knew something happened. But you wouldn't know, because the Reich Propaganda corps would never report it.
Lots of cop knees on criminals necks every day. When they continue to refuse arrest thats what they get.

Lots of criminals resist arrest too-----and they are
restrained with whatever violence is necessary
Its all part of police training....start out polite and nice then give em what they deserve.
This thread is bringing them out.

Unpopular opinion....

George Floyd was murdered by Derick Chauvin. Was it done out of racism though or was it just portrayed as a racist act because the murdered was black and the murderer was white. I believe the latter.

Chauvin, in my mind, was doing something worse than racism if that's possible. I think he was just showing off for the trainees...showing off in the context of, "you're the boss out here". And the louder the crowd got and the more hate he drew...the stronger his conviction to show everyone "who's in charge" got.

Now, I don't think Floyd ends up on the ground if he's not black and apparently resistant. But I don't think the officer went out with the intent of harming a black man specifically.

Plausible theory. As far as do I think it was racism? No clue, and everyone that jumped the gun in typical fashion claiming it was racism was doing the country a disservice, and will continue to in the future

Chauvins actions were abhorrent and he was a disgrace to LE.

That being said, it is a matter of debate whether he is racist or not.

Pretty boring debate considering there is zero evidence to support the claim the cop was motivated by racism

Unpopular opinion....

He wasn't seeking a black man to act out on, but I guarantee you a white man wouldn't have been face down on the ground for 10 minutes. The unthinking disparity in treatment, even from you in your OP, is the "systemic racism" people are talking about.

how do you know? have you seen big strong obese intoxicated combative "white men" politely helped to their feet?
Yes. I know that's anecdotal and you won't believe me but I actually have.

Unpopular opinion....

Your post represents the systemic stupidity that needs to be addressed in the country

Unpopular opinion....

did you miss the word COMBATIVE? ----did the happy guy kick and spit?

Unpopular opinion....

Your post represents the systemic stupidity that needs to be addressed in the country
And you're being part of the problem. Stop it.

Chauvin's prior conduct has been thoroughly examined; his comments strained through a figurative sieve, and yet DoJ has come up with NOTHING to indicate either that Chauvin is a racist, or that the act in question was motivated by race.

It is an infantile "thought process" indeed that concludes every time a person is harmed, that harm is motivated by race, gender, ethnicity, or some other form of bigotry, when there is no evidence to support that slander. Recall that when 45 was accused of being a misogynist, the only example his critics could come up with was that he called Rosie O'Donnell - who is a fat pig - a "fat pig."

The most insidious part of this whole affair (Floyd-Chauvin) was the IMMEDIATE and EMPHATIC characterization of this crime by Comrade Harris-Biden as a racist hate crime, emblematic of the "endemic racism" that pervades our country. It is difficult even to describe this slander in appropriately negative terms. They are pond scum.

And we should all be asking ourselves WHY the leaders of our country made this unsupported leap to slander every white cop and every white person in the country.

Leftists are evil
Other than Chauvin being a murderer, no one really cares.

Unpopular opinion....

Sadly, the precedent has now been set for a jury to convict a defendant for intent even when the prosecution failed to prove it. I have no doubt this will be used frequently now against primarily poor and black defendants, to convict them of greater charges than their crimes deserve.

Unpopular opinion....

Sadly, the precedent has now been set for a jury to convict a defendant for intent even when the prosecution failed to prove it. I have no doubt this will be used frequently now against primarily poor and black defendants, to convict them of greater charges than their crimes deserve.
Oh, you care about the Black defendants? Give us a break.

In any case, Mr. Floyd -- despite what Nancy said -- will soon be forgotten.
No. Mr. Floyd in his death will be remembered for a very long time. Perhaps in a 100 years when everyone living today have died he will be forgotten. Dying is a shitty way to become famous.

No. Mr. Floyd in his death will be remembered for a very long time. Perhaps in a 100 years when everyone living today have died he will be forgotten. Dying is a shitty way to become famous.

so true----but DEATH has saved many a shitty reputations
Floyd's face will be on T-shirts for many years to come.

along with king kong

With all due respect, I think that people who wear T-shirts would prefer someone who looks more attractive.

With all due respect, I think that people who wear T-shirts would prefer someone who looks more attractive.
GF.jpg

Unpopular opinion....

The fact that you have to dodge my argument with that bullshit means I'm right, and you know it.

So, when you're back here whining about how black defendants are getting railroaded on phony intent convictions by the Kamala Harrises of the world, I'll be here to remind you that you wanted it that way.

Unpopular opinion....

The fact that you have to dodge my argument with that bullshit means I'm right, and you know it.

So, when you're back here whining about how black defendants are getting railroaded on phony intent convictions by the Kamala Harrises of the world, I'll be here to remind you that you wanted it that way.
You are so full of shite that if you had any intelligence you would be embarrassed.

Unpopular opinion....

did you miss the word COMBATIVE? ----did the happy guy kick and spit?
Like I said, it's anecdotal and I know you don't believe me.

It is what it is.

Forum List

Back