Was HITLER a Christian indeed?

I do not see the fruits of the spirit exhibited in HITLER's views or politics: https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2019/04/20/hitler-hated-judaism-he-loathed-christianity-too/

On the other hand, Germany was a decidedly xtian country and all of his followers were at least nominally members of that faith.
True, but most were not Nazis. And once a dictator gets into power, it is very hard to unseat him. However, consider the following: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian? - a report on How Hitler Viewed God - The 700 Club | CBN.com

I do not see the fruits of the spirit exhibited in HITLER's views or politics: https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2019/04/20/hitler-hated-judaism-he-loathed-christianity-too/

On the other hand, Germany was a decidedly xtian country and all of his followers were at least nominally members of that faith.
True, but most were not Nazis. And once a dictator gets into power, it is very hard to unseat him. However, consider the following: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian? - a report on How Hitler Viewed God - The 700 Club | CBN.com

Immediately after World War 2, 99% of Germans claimed to never has supported Hitler. Just like every Italian claimed to hate Mussolini and Frenchman claimed to have been in the resistance.

And contrary to what you may have heard, there were Jews who originally supported Hitler. So, how are they any different than "nominal christians"? Please see: Yes, In His Early Days, There Were Jews for Hitler Before the Full Horror of His Ideology Was Carried Out in the Holocaust — Buzzflash

And contrary to what you may have heard, there were Jews who originally supported Hitler. So, how are they any different than "nominal christians"? Please see: Yes, In His Early Days, There Were Jews for Hitler Before the Full Horror of His Ideology Was Carried Out in the Holocaust — Buzzflash

People sent to death camps weren't allowed to vote.

Once in power, what DICTATOR needs anyone's vote? And of course, not voting doesn't preclude fighting for Hitler, does it? Please see the following regarding Jews in the German Army: The Jews in Hitler's Military

Last edited:
I believe Hitler was trying to encourage the return of pagan Norse gods.

He would be part of the Anthropogenic Global Warming cult if alive today, a Gaia worshiper.
You are not far from the truth. Hitler certainly loved German folklore and wanted to make a purely "Germanic religion". It was always about the ARYAN RACE --- whoever they were...

That's too bad. I totally would have voted not to be sent to a death camp.

And contrary to what you may have heard, there were Jews who originally supported Hitler.

And contrary to what you believe, Jews aren't a monolithic group with identical political beliefs.

To low information voters, Hitler would have seemed a reasonable alternative to other Weimar alternatives.

It's safe to say any Jew who did support Hitler when his plans started going forward, didn't do so as an openly Jewish person.

One of Hitler's biggest financial supporters in the very early days was a Jew.
It was the business community that put Hitler in power including Jews, because instability in Germany threatened a communist take over - they would lose everything.
By the time he came to power the particular Jew who helped them was owed so much money, and by that time they'd found out he was a Jew, and his shot up body was found in a hedge after the 'Night of the long knives'.
Leading politicians and the business community all thought he would soften the anti-Semitism once in power, and they could control him. Wrong!
Hitler was INSANE! So the question in the OP is non applicable.

To ask such a question is to display a lack of knowledge of the meaning of the words.

One of Hitler's biggest financial supporters in the very early days was a Jew.
It was the business community that put Hitler in power including Jews, because instability in Germany threatened a communist take over - they would lose everything.
By the time he came to power the particular Jew who helped them was owed so much money, and by that time they'd found out he was a Jew, and his shot up body was found in a hedge after the 'Night of the long knives'.
Leading politicians and the business community all thought he would soften the anti-Semitism once in power, and they could control him. Wrong!
Hitler was INSANE! So the question in the OP is non applicable.
Yes, it has always been so consoling and convenient to say he was insane. The truth is that he was not very different from a lot of his contemporaries, nor from many of ours.

Anyone can find the Hitler Youth Manual and download it at archive.org; it clearly states the Party line on Christianity, so no need to argue over the non-debatable. As for the '99%' Christians' argument, one day when I get around it I'm going to post the 'Racial Purity' laws the Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox Jews had in place by the time Jesus ministry came along, so whenever the Jewish racists and bigots snivel about Da Evul Xians and the goy and claim 'they're all Nazis' you're just looking at a case of another pot calling a kettle black.

Forum List

Back