Was Global Warming The Cause of the Great Northwest Heatwave? Science Says No.

I li
The evidence is in and the result say that the heatwave was natural based because it was natural weather based events that caused it, not the magical gnome trace gas so many warmist/alarmist have delirium tremens over.

Watts Up With That?

Was Global Warming The Cause of the Great Northwest Heatwave? Science Says No.​

Reposted from The Cliff Mass Weather Blog

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

During the past week, the Pacific Northwest experienced the most severe heat event of the past century.

All-time high-temperature records were broken throughout the region, often by large margins. Many in the media, several local and national politicians, and some activist environmental scientists have claimed that this event was “driven by” or predominantly forced by human-inspired global warming (usually referred to as “climate change”).But such global warming claims are not supported by the facts and our best scientific understanding.

Screen%2BShot%2B2021-07-03%2Bat%2B10.10.42%2BAM.png

Truth and Rigorous Science About Climate Change is Necessary for Wise Decisions
In this blog, I will use observations, modeling, climatological data, and the peer-reviewed scientific literature to demonstrate that human-caused global warming played a very small role in the extreme heat event that we just experienced here in the Pacific Northwest.I will describe the origins of a meteorological black swan eventand how the atmosphere is capable of attaining extreme, unusual conditions without any aid from our species.As you read this, consider that I have actively pursued research on Northwest heatwaves, published several papers in the peer-reviewed literature on this specific topic, and have run both weather prediction and climate models that simulate such events. This subject is in my wheelhouse.

I also discuss the seriousness of misinformation. You and others can not make wise decisions when the information provided to you is not based on truth and science.

LINK
He's a well known climate denier whack-a-doodle.

Crepitus is a well known climate alarmist whack-a-doodle.

Article remains unchallenged.
It's not an "article". It's a climate denying whack-a-doodle's blog.

Post an actual article for a change.

It is an article you apparently can't handle, it is beyond your ability to answer.

Here's an actual article, from a real source, with real science.

The title says it all.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Did you bother to read their "research" at all, oh it is models all the way down but you are stupid enough to fall for the unverified models bullshit.

Dr. Mass and a bunch of Meteorologists saw this wave coming nearly a week before it came and attributed it to three factors in the short term models they use. Dr. Mass discussed it over a weeks time as it progressed and posted afterwards over what caused it.

Your stupid bias against a warmist scientist is why you are made a fool too easily.

It is an article you apparently can't handle, it is beyond your ability to answer.

Your ignorance has reached Solar System level, going for Interstellar level next?
It's not an article, it's a blog from a climate denying whack-a-doodle.

I linked an actual peer reviewed articles that completely debunks your bloggers bullshit.

Sorry for your blindness.

I replied to your link exposing something missing, you avoidance of that fact means you have no confidence in your stupid link and that DR. MASS article is something YOU are too chicken to counter because you KNOW you have nothing to counter him with, hence your stupid evasions are making you look weak and stupid to the world.

YOU are not fooling anyone here about your lack of argument, heck you don't offer one at all......

thus,

The evidence is in and the result say that the heatwave was natural based because it was natural weather based events that caused it, not the magical gnome trace gas so many warmist/alarmist have delirium tremens over.

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

During the past week, the Pacific Northwest experienced the most severe heat event of the past century.

All-time high-temperature records were broken throughout the region, often by large margins. Many in the media, several local and national politicians, and some activist environmental scientists have claimed that this event was “driven by” or predominantly forced by human-inspired global warming (usually referred to as “climate change”).But such global warming claims are not supported by the facts and our best scientific understanding.

In this blog, I will use observations, modeling, climatological data, and the peer-reviewed scientific literature to demonstrate that human-caused global warming played a very small role in the extreme heat event that we just experienced here in the Pacific Northwest.I will describe the origins of a meteorological black swan eventand how the atmosphere is capable of attaining extreme, unusual conditions without any aid from our species.As you read this, consider that I have actively pursued research on Northwest heatwaves, published several papers in the peer-reviewed literature on this specific topic, and have run both weather prediction and climate models that simulate such events. This subject is in my wheelhouse.

I also discuss the seriousness of misinformation. You and others can not make wise decisions when the information provided to you is not based on truth and science.

LINK
He's a well known climate denier whack-a-doodle.

Crepitus is a well known climate alarmist whack-a-doodle.

It's not an "article". It's a climate denying whack-a-doodle's blog.

Post an actual article for a change.

The title says it all.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Did you bother to read their "research" at all, oh it is models all the way down but you are stupid enough to fall for the unverified models bullshit.

Dr. Mass and a bunch of Meteorologists saw this wave coming nearly a week before it came and attributed it to three factors in the short term models they use. Dr. Mass discussed it over a weeks time as it progressed and posted afterwards over what caused it.

Your stupid bias against a warmist scientist is why you are made a fool too easily.

Your ignorance has reached Solar System level, going for Interstellar level next?
It's not an article, it's a blog from a climate denying whack-a-doodle.
Mass isn't a climate denier, you moron.

I absolutely cannot wait for EV owners to experience their predictable surprises.

The Article remains unchallenged

Not once has the warmist/alarmists fools actually addressed the CONTENT of the article written by a Scientist/Meteorologist who actually lives in the region of the heatwave with full access to the Universities computer system for Meteorology forecasting and research.

=====

POST 11 the moron makes this whopper while ignoring many SCIENTISTS who went bananas over the heatwave:

"Nobody would challenge it. Anyone who claims with certainty that global warming caused the heat wave is silly and wrong. But this is what the weasel Cliff Mass does. He writes deceptive pieces full of strawmen and non sequiturs, doing his best to hand down denier talking points that deniers don't really understand. That's fine. One only has to look at his complete lack of any published climate research or climate science contribution to any respected scientific society to know to get their info elsewhere. But I think he is absolutely PERFECT for you."

===

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

You sure have a way of making a fool of yourself here from NBC NEWS is this:

"An international team of 27 scientists calculated that climate change increased chances of the extreme heat occurring by at least 150 times, but likely much more.

The study, not yet peer reviewed, said that before the industrial era, the region’s late June triple-digit heat was the type that would not have happened in human civilization. And even in today’s warming world, it said, the heat was a once-in-a-millennium event.

But that once-in-a-millennium event would likely occur every five to 10 years once the world warms another 1.4 degrees (0.8 degrees Celsius), said Wednesday’s study from World Weather Attribution. That much warming could be 40 or 50 years away if carbon pollution continues at its current pace, one study author said."

LINK

===

Here is that NATURE website talking about the hurried coming paper to obviously jump on the global warming bandwagon did its stupidity:

Climate change made North America’s deadly heatwave 150 times more likely​

LINK

=====

The "study" is a classic knee jerk response and stupid as a pile of shit because it was multiple WEATHER events converging on the area at the best possible time of the year that generated the heatwave nothing to do with climate change or global warming crap.

If you weren't so fucking bigoted you would have learned all this since he was the one who most extensively saw it days before it happened as explained in his blog that several WEATHER fronts were converging in the region to generate that heatwave and because I have no problem reading his blog knew it was coming 3 days before it arrived in my area where it got to 118 F incredible heat it was.

Yes, it was Dr. Mass who saw the heatwave coming and with his team covered with high accuracy which you wouldn't know because of your irrational behavior against his blog, and he posted several times on his blog covering it as it came in and roasted the region and then talked in the aftermath with photos showing the heat damage and more.

Dr. Mass has a PHD in Meteorology with full access to the Universities large computer system for research a weather forecasting which many "Climate" scientists do not have.

Meanwhile, Post one article remains unchallenged.

And Cliff Mass remains unpublished and unrespected in the field of climate science. I doubt your insufferable whining will change that.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

You are so freaking ignorant of Dr. Clifford Mass academic career:

Wikipedia:

His book The Weather of the Pacific Northwest is one of the best-selling titles from the University of Washington Press.[2] He maintains a popular weather blog and gives frequent public lectures on topics ranging from Washington State weather history to the impact of climate change on global and regional weather patterns.

Academic career​

Before joining the faculty of the University of Washington, Mass was a professor of meteorology at the University of Maryland from 1978 to 1981.[3] He leads the University of Washington Mesoscale Analysis and Forecasting Group and is the chief scientist of the Northwest Modeling Consortium. He has published over 120 articles in peer-reviewed scientific venues, and served on the board of over a dozen regional and national meteorological committees, conferences, and scientific journals.

red bolding mine
===

You have been smashed here because you CHOSE to be bigoted and ignorant.

This is why you SUCK so badly on this topic.

Post one continues to be unchallenged.

One more time, it's not an article, it's the blog of a RWNJ climate denier.

Your ignorance and stupidity runs wild as you are full of errors on him.

1) Dr. Mass is a DEMOCRAT One of my brothers knew and met him as they live in the same city for years and they are fervent Democrats.

2) He is a strong supporter of the AGW conjecture

3) He doesn't deny climate or global warming

Daveman at POST 17 destroyed the LIES made against Dr. Mass from Wikipedia,

"Outreach and scientific advocacy​

Mass maintains a popular weblog in which he posts regular articles on meteorology, Pacific Northwest weather history, and the impacts of climate change[8] written for the general public. According to Mass, "Global warming is an extraordinarily serious issue, and scientists have a key role to play in communicating what is known and what is not about this critical issue.[9]"

Mass has stated publicly that he shares the scientific consensus that global warming is real and that human activity is a major cause of warming trend in the late 20th and 21st centuries.[10][11] He has been critical of the Paris Climate accord for not going far enough to address the negative impacts of climate change."

LINK

bolding mine

===

YOU Crapitus runs on lies and ignorance.

Last edited:

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINk

skookerasbil

It's early in the year still, but this thread most certainly gets a nomination ( second in 2022) for.....

Gold_Trophy.jpg

-- -
- - -

Perhaps we can agree to some rules here or get some moderation on this RW troll board? Only ONE side does this.

`

Last edited:
Your ignorance and stupidity runs wild as you are full of errors on him.

1) Dr. Mass is a DEMOCRAT One of my brothers knew and met him as they live in the same city for years and they are fervent Democrats.

2) He is a strong supporter of the AGW conjecture

3) He doesn't deny climate or global warming

Daveman at POST 17 destroyed the LIES made against Dr. Mass from Wikipedia,

"Outreach and scientific advocacy​

Mass maintains a popular weblog in which he posts regular articles on meteorology, Pacific Northwest weather history, and the impacts of climate change[8] written for the general public. According to Mass, "Global warming is an extraordinarily serious issue, and scientists have a key role to play in communicating what is known and what is not about this critical issue.[9]"

Mass has stated publicly that he shares the scientific consensus that global warming is real and that human activity is a major cause of warming trend in the late 20th and 21st centuries.[10][11] He has been critical of the Paris Climate accord for not going far enough to address the negative impacts of climate change."

LINK

bolding mine

===

YOU Crapitus runs on lies and ignorance.

skookerasbil said

lol....more theory....dud

d3s8zkd-376e9533-37f8-4034-81dd-4908b9600620.jpg

- - - - - - - -

We need some rules here not just RW trolling tommy and mods Condone. 10 YEARS of skook trolls harassing every liberal thread.

`

skookerasbil

It's early in the year still, but this thread most certainly gets a nomination ( second in 2022) for.....

Gold_Trophy.jpg

-- -
- - -

Perhaps we can agree to some rules here or get some moderation on this RW troll board? Only ONE side does this.

`
Still no science-based rebuttal. Just your butthurt, which is less than compelling.

The title says it all.

No, it is already a failed paper since they generated a bogus 22-year metric to create a misleading answer which was scientifically addressed by Dr. Mass himself who pointed out the fatal flaw of the paper heck even, I wondered why the author chose the 22-year time frame.
The report is a joke!

The article remains unchallenged

The title says it all.

No, it is already a failed paper since they generated a bogus 22-year metric to create a misleading answer which was scientifically addressed by Dr. Mass himself who pointed out the fatal flaw of the paper heck even, I wondered why the author chose the 22-year time frame.

Is the Southwest U.S. Experiencing a Megadrought Fueled by Global Warming?

skookerasbil

Gold_Trophy.jpg

-- -
- - -

`

You can scream all you want but reality has to sink in eventually,

Post one continues to be unchallenged.

lol.......Tommy making the climate crusaders look like knuckleheads. :popcorn:

They have run off, but they will never learn from their beatings which is why they will be back for more patented science illiteracy that only dumb warmists/alarmists can gin up for more beatings in the future.

Their idol will never stop neither will they,

25073-jpg-7d8ec04049ef08cb951cc539b2765181.jpg

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK
When you look back at this event and the satellite data from the time, it is clear this was a stagnation event and not a long term change. Due to the cooling in the arctic and the large weather systems that it creates, this high pressure was blocked from movement and the heat build up occurred from the land heat.

Not uncommon events, for this region, and one we can prove has happened over and over again throughout history.

I find it very disheartening that those who actually hold science to the basic tenets of being skeptical and always testing the current belief are now somehow not to be trusted... Just Wow.. We have truly become a cesspool of cultist yes men, expected to agree with the current political narrative...

Forum List

Back