Was Global Warming The Cause of the Great Northwest Heatwave? Science Says No.

The evidence is in and the result say that the heatwave was natural based because it was natural weather based events that caused it, not the magical gnome trace gas so many warmist/alarmist have delirium tremens over.

Watts Up With That?

Was Global Warming The Cause of the Great Northwest Heatwave? Science Says No.​

Reposted from The Cliff Mass Weather Blog

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

During the past week, the Pacific Northwest experienced the most severe heat event of the past century.

All-time high-temperature records were broken throughout the region, often by large margins. Many in the media, several local and national politicians, and some activist environmental scientists have claimed that this event was “driven by” or predominantly forced by human-inspired global warming (usually referred to as “climate change”).But such global warming claims are not supported by the facts and our best scientific understanding.

Screen%2BShot%2B2021-07-03%2Bat%2B10.10.42%2BAM.png

Truth and Rigorous Science About Climate Change is Necessary for Wise Decisions
In this blog, I will use observations, modeling, climatological data, and the peer-reviewed scientific literature to demonstrate that human-caused global warming played a very small role in the extreme heat event that we just experienced here in the Pacific Northwest.I will describe the origins of a meteorological black swan eventand how the atmosphere is capable of attaining extreme, unusual conditions without any aid from our species.As you read this, consider that I have actively pursued research on Northwest heatwaves, published several papers in the peer-reviewed literature on this specific topic, and have run both weather prediction and climate models that simulate such events. This subject is in my wheelhouse.

I also discuss the seriousness of misinformation. You and others can not make wise decisions when the information provided to you is not based on truth and science.

LINK
He's a well known climate denier whack-a-doodle.

Crepitus is a well known climate alarmist whack-a-doodle.

Article remains unchallenged.

The evidence is in and the result say that the heatwave was natural based because it was natural weather based events that caused it, not the magical gnome trace gas so many warmist/alarmist have delirium tremens over.

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

During the past week, the Pacific Northwest experienced the most severe heat event of the past century.

All-time high-temperature records were broken throughout the region, often by large margins. Many in the media, several local and national politicians, and some activist environmental scientists have claimed that this event was “driven by” or predominantly forced by human-inspired global warming (usually referred to as “climate change”).But such global warming claims are not supported by the facts and our best scientific understanding.

In this blog, I will use observations, modeling, climatological data, and the peer-reviewed scientific literature to demonstrate that human-caused global warming played a very small role in the extreme heat event that we just experienced here in the Pacific Northwest.I will describe the origins of a meteorological black swan eventand how the atmosphere is capable of attaining extreme, unusual conditions without any aid from our species.As you read this, consider that I have actively pursued research on Northwest heatwaves, published several papers in the peer-reviewed literature on this specific topic, and have run both weather prediction and climate models that simulate such events. This subject is in my wheelhouse.

I also discuss the seriousness of misinformation. You and others can not make wise decisions when the information provided to you is not based on truth and science.

LINK

It's not an "article". It's a climate denying whack-a-doodle's blog.

Post an actual article for a change.

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK

It is an article you apparently can't handle, it is beyond your ability to answer.

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK

It is an article you apparently can't handle, it is beyond your ability to answer.

One more time, it's not an article, it's the blog of a RWNJ climate denier.

Well, every time there is a cold snap and people question global warming, the scientists who support the theory of global warming tell people not to equate weather with climate
Seems to me that the same advice should apply when it is hotter rather than colder as well.

The one thing I do know is that I'm glad I don't live 100 miles north. We were 111 on saturday, and then hit 94 by about noon on Sunday, but some cooler air blew in and we were down to 84 by 5. Further north, it didn't cool off and climbed right up to 116.

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK

Of course you would say that since you can't make a case against it, by the way Dr. Mass is actually believer in the AGW conjecture, but your fear of reading his material prevents you form knowing it.

I haven't really seen any climate scientists say global warming "caused" this or any other heat wave. I have seen them say they would expect it to contribute to the length, frequency, and intensity of heat waves, over time.
Can you point to any prediction from the AGW crowd that has come to pass?
So sad that you are such a stupid ass. What universe do you live in?

Hansen et al. 1981​

Hansen, J., D. Johnson, A. Lacis, S. Lebedeff, P. Lee, D. Rind, and G. Russell, 1981: Climate impact of increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide. Science, 213, 957-966, doi:10.1126/science.213.4511.957.

The global temperature rose 0.2°C between the middle 1960s and 1980, yielding a warming of 0.4°C in the past century. This temperature increase is consistent with the calculated effect due to measured increases of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Variations of volcanic aerosols and possibly solar luminosity appear to be primary causes of observed fluctuations about the mean trend of increasing temperature. It is shown that the anthropogenic carbon dioxide warming should emerge from the noise level of natural climate variability by the end of the century, and there is a high probability of warming in the 1980s. Potential effects on climate in the 21st century include the creation of drought-prone regions in North America and central Asia as part of a shifting of climatic zones, erosion of the West Antarctic ice sheet with a consequent worldwide rise in sea level, and opening of the fabled Northwest Passage.

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK

Of course you would say that since you can't make a case against it, by the way Dr. Mass is actually believer in the AGW conjecture, but your fear of reading his material prevents you form knowing it.

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK

Here's an actual article, from a real source, with real science.

The title says it all.

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK
You're quoting a blog? Get serious, pal.

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK
Indy tried that. It was just as wrong when he mindlessly regurgitated it.

I haven't really seen any climate scientists say global warming "caused" this or any other heat wave. I have seen them say they would expect it to contribute to the length, frequency, and intensity of heat waves, over time.
Can you point to any prediction from the AGW crowd that has come to pass?
So sad that you are such a stupid ass. What universe do you live in?

Hansen et al. 1981​

Hansen, J., D. Johnson, A. Lacis, S. Lebedeff, P. Lee, D. Rind, and G. Russell, 1981: Climate impact of increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide. Science, 213, 957-966, doi:10.1126/science.213.4511.957.

The global temperature rose 0.2°C between the middle 1960s and 1980, yielding a warming of 0.4°C in the past century. This temperature increase is consistent with the calculated effect due to measured increases of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Variations of volcanic aerosols and possibly solar luminosity appear to be primary causes of observed fluctuations about the mean trend of increasing temperature. It is shown that the anthropogenic carbon dioxide warming should emerge from the noise level of natural climate variability by the end of the century, and there is a high probability of warming in the 1980s. Potential effects on climate in the 21st century include the creation of drought-prone regions in North America and central Asia as part of a shifting of climatic zones, erosion of the West Antarctic ice sheet with a consequent worldwide rise in sea level, and opening of the fabled Northwest Passage.

Did any of that happen?

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK
Indy?

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK
Indy?
Fort Fun Indiana. He tried to dismiss the author as a climate denier (as you gullible buffoons are programmed to do), but he's not.

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK

The title says it all.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Did you bother to read their "research" at all, oh it is models all the way down but you are stupid enough to fall for the unverified models bullshit.

Dr. Mass and a bunch of Meteorologists saw this wave coming nearly a week before it came and attributed it to three factors in the short term models they use. Dr. Mass discussed it over a weeks time as it progressed and posted afterwards over what caused it.

Your stupid bias against a warmist scientist is why you are made a fool too easily.

Your ignorance has reached Solar System level, going for Interstellar level next?

Last edited:

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK

The title says it all.

It is obvious that you never read Dr. Mass's posts which was based on real meteorological information, he posted them too the actual data and size of the weather phenomenon as it was happening. while you jerk off over a stupid media blitz screaming over record heat in a small region. :cuckoo:

Your bias against noted warmist Dr. Mass is making you look stupid.

Last edited:

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK

The title says it all.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Did you bother to read their "research" at all, oh it is models all the way down but you are stupid enough to fall for the unverified models bullshit.

Dr. Mass and a bunch of Meteorologists saw this wave coming nearly a week before it came and attributed it to three factors in the short term models they use. Dr. Mass discussed it over a weeks time as it progressed and posted afterwards over what caused it.

Your stupid bias against a warmist scientist is why you are made a fool too easily.

Your ignorance has reached Solar System level, going for Interstellar level next?
It's not an article, it's a blog from a climate denying whack-a-doodle.

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK

The title says it all.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I li

Watts Up With That?

July 6, 2021

Excerpt:

LINK

The title says it all.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I linked an actual peer reviewed articles that completely debunks your bloggers bullshit.

Sorry for your blindness.

Forum List

Back