Warrior vs. Pacifist Christianity

Well, Jesus said: "But I say unto you, Hate your enemies, curse them that curse you, do evil to them that hate you, and slay them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" (Matthew 5:44)

Well, Jesus said: "But I say unto you, Hate your enemies, curse them that curse you, do evil to them that hate you, and slay them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" (Matthew 5:44)

To lie in the name of Jesus is not the most wise thing you are able to do.

Last edited:

Well, there's what Jesus actually said: "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;". What Christian have done throughout history is to follow my re-write. And if you're a Christian you should be eternally grateful for that. Christianity never would have survived, thrived and prospered to the extent it did if it listened to that silly advice about 'loving your enemies'. Later Christians knew better than Him what needed to be done.

Well, there's what Jesus actually said: "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;". What Christian have done throughout history is to follow my re-write. And if you're a Christian you should be eternally grateful for that. Christianity never would have survived,

So you say only a dead Christian faith is able to survive. You are weird. The wars which were prevented and never had happened you do not know. Every bad deed you are able to see immediatelly - but good deeds are often invisible.

thrived and prospered to the extent it did if it listened to that silly advice about 'loving your enemies'. Later Christians knew better than Him what needed to be done.

Concrete question: Do you think it is better for us to hate all US-Americans, because we never did do anything bad to your country, while you destroyed our country two times totally in war and you had murdered millions of Germans? Only because we have excellent reasons to hate our enemies - why should we do so?

Last edited:
Let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36.

The strange thing: You lie - although the quote is not totally wrong. By the way: The Christian religion is not a religion of a book - it's a religion of the divine revelation.

Peter had a sword and used it. Remember what Jesus said to him afterwards?
Jesus was not referring to the trial. Eleven men with two swords were not going to overtake the mobs or stop the crucifixion.

The context of that quote is that the first time the disciples went through Galilee preaching the kingdom, they took nothing with them, relying on the kindness of strangers, who were few and far between. Very few and very far between. (They were chased out of the villages, after all.)

Now the kingdom was not going to kowtow. Now it was going to conquer. After the Great Revolt, it started doing that very thing.

Peter had a sword and used it. Remember what Jesus said to him afterwards?
Jesus was not referring to the trial. Eleven men with two swords were not going to overtake the mobs or stop the crucifixion.

The context of that quote is that the first time the disciples went through Galilee preaching the kingdom, they took nothing with them, relying on the kindness of strangers, who were few and far between. Very few and very far between. (They were chased out of the villages, after all.)

Now the kingdom was not going to kowtow. Now it was going to conquer. After the Great Revolt, it started doing that very thing.

Much more simple: If you travelled you needed a sword in this time of history. It was dangerous to travel and otherwise no one took you serios. Our ancestors here in the area had in this time of history always a big knife (a little sword) and a spear for hunting pigs. Both were also used in case of defense.

It's totally idiotic to think Christians used weapons in the first century to convince other people from the message of god or their peaceful way to live.

Correct. You are a poor communicator.

You wan. Could be interesting to know what it is, what you wan. Empty phrases?
Honesty is what I wan.

Good grief. US-Americans are really idiots.
Some. :)
Show me an exception.
Kanye....

Do you think so? ... Hmm ... I would say Richard Feynman for example was for sure not an idiot.

Correct. You are a poor communicator.

You wan. Could be interesting to know what it is, what you wan. Empty phrases?
Honesty is what I wan.

Good grief. US-Americans are really idiots.
Some. :)
Show me an exception.
Your statements suppose that all Americans are all idiots all of the time.

No one is all good or all evil all of the time. The same applies to stupidity.

Now do you understand? :)

Forum List

Back