Warrior vs. Pacifist Christianity

Mortimer

Gold Member
119601201_1453352271517919_1973935393852415011_n.jpg

Back in high school I met protestant type of christians not sure what type of protestant who said a Christian cant serve in the army. But orthodox + catholic bless guns. And they are the warrior type of christianity. Im proud to be orthodox. I like warrior christianity.

Back in high school I met protestant type of christians not sure what type of protestant who said a Christian cant serve in the army. But orthodox + catholic bless guns. And they are the warrior type of christianity. Im proud to be orthodox. I like warrior christianity.
Christ teachings are about nonviolent ways, so you and your church go against what Christ was trying to teach us...

Christ teachings are about nonviolent ways, so you and your church go against what Christ was trying to teach us...

There is a difference between nonviolent and being a defense

To me there is a huge difference between being nonviolent and defenseless I agree that Christ preached peace

There were many questions when men were conscripted to fight in World War 1.

What thoughts do people have with Christ taking a whip to people at the temple?

What thoughts do people have with Christ taking a whip to people at the temple?
The prophets laid out an impeachment of the nation in which the Lord Himself was the accuser, not only of murder but of a host of other charges, such as sacrilege, hypocrisy, contempt of God, conjugal infidelity, perjury, apostasy, and blasphemy, and the ruling classes had the effrontery to deny every charge. For centuries the righteous prophets had suffered persecution at the hands of these evildoers and their forebears, generations of hypocrites and false prophets. The chief priests, scribes, and Pharisees of the first century, whose fathers persecuted and murdered the prophets, would be the ones to face judgment for the shedding of all that righteous blood, which the incident in the temple seemed to foreshadow.

The Jews seemed destined never to completely purge their temple of corruption and abuse; it was still a marketplace where merchants profited from the sale of sacrificial animals. Even the poor could find pigeons there that they could afford for sacrifice. Despite the recent relative peace and prosperity under Hasmonean authority, Satan - sin - still emanated from the temple.

There is a difference between nonviolent and being a defense

To me there is a huge difference between being nonviolent and defenseless I agree that Christ preached peace
Christ preached peace in the kingdom. In his lifetime, peace did not reign in the temple jurisdiction. So he wielded a sword.

Now in God's kingdom, peace reigns. No more death, no more tears.

... Christ preached peace in the kingdom. In his lifetime, peace did not reign in the temple jurisdiction. So he wielded a sword. ...

Hmm ... to see people go 180% into the wrong direction is a normal "wonder" in the 21st century.

Kennst Du das Land, wo die Kanonen blühn?

Du kennst es nicht? Du wirst es kennenlernen!
Dort stehn die Prokuristen stolz und kühn
in den Büros, als wären es Kasernen.
Dort wachsen unterm Schlips Gefreitenknöpfe.
Und unsichtbare Helme trägt man dort.
Gesichter hat man dort, doch keine Köpfe.
Und wer zu Bett geht, pflanzt sich auch schon fort!
Wenn dort ein Vorgesetzter etwas will
- und es ist sein Beruf etwas zu wollen -
steht der Verstand erst stramm und zweitens still.
Die Augen rechts! Und mit dem Rückgrat rollen!
Die Kinder kommen dort mit kleinen Sporen
und mit gezognem Scheitel auf die Welt.
Dort wird man nicht als Zivilist geboren.
Dort wird befördert, wer die Schnauze hält.
Kennst Du das Land? Es könnte glücklich sein.
Es könnte glücklich sein und glücklich machen.
Dort gibt es Äcker, Kohle, Stahl und Stein
und Fleiß und Kraft und andre schöne Sachen.
Selbst Geist und Güte gibt's dort dann und wann!
Und wahres Heldentum. Doch nicht bei vielen.
Dort steckt ein Kind in jedem zweiten Mann.
Das will mit Bleisoldaten spielen.
Dort reift die Freiheit nicht. Dort bleibt sie grün.
Was man auch baut - es werden stets Kasernen.

Erich Kästner (1927)

Last edited:
... Christ preached peace in the kingdom. In his lifetime, peace did not reign in the temple jurisdiction. So he wielded a sword. ...

Hmm ... to see people go 180% into the wrong direction is a normal "wonder" in the 21st century.

Erich Kästner (1927)

I'm only pretty sure the peace that Christ taught had nothing to do with society but instead was about having peace through the storm. It was a personal message; not a societal one. At least not in the way people are supposing. You fix a society the same way you eat an elephant; one bite at a time.

not sure what type of protestant who said a Christian cant serve in the army. But orthodox + catholic bless guns. And they are the warrior type of christianity
Service in the Army as per se service is one thing, but they still won't let us have guns outside the Army, and they all believe in the same mental health civil commitment process with involuntary hospitalization, forced administration of medication, and absolute lifetime revocation of gun rights without appeal.

The Apostles carried swords. Self-defense is fine, as is a nation defending itself. It's a myth that Christians have to be some sort of super pacifists, and comes from a silly mis-interpretation of the Sermon on the Mount. Peter himself whacked the ear off of an official that came to arrest Jesus, after all. Jews themselves were a warlike tribe all through their history and after as wee, when they served in the Muslims' invader armies, all the way back to serving as mercenaries for Egyptian rulers in forts at the Elephantine.

the people who peddle the 'Uber-Pacifist' rubbish the most are assorted deviants and sociopaths, the types who want to toss Xians into ovens; they try and sell that nonsense to make it a lot easier on themselves to threaten Xians and when they come to march them off to concentration camps for the crime of frowning on mass baby murders and faggots cornholing little boys.

Last edited:
It's a myth that Christians have to be some sort of super pacifists, and comes from a silly mis-interpretation of the Sermon on the Mount
Nevertheless the myth is what rules throughout mainstream Christendom, and Establishment churches continue to support the enforcement of mental health civil commitment psychiatric gun control to the fullest extent of their faith, no matter what. They will not give up the arbitrary "failsafe" indefeasible mechanism of revoking gun rights for life without the possibility of appeal through mental health allegations in court.

The Apostles carried swords. Self-defense is fine, as is a nation defending itself. It's a myth that Christians have to be some sort of super pacifists, and comes from a silly mis-interpretation of the Sermon on the Mount. Peter himself whacked the ear off of an official that came to arrest Jesus, after all. Jews themselves were a warlike tribe all through their history and after as wee, when they served in the Muslims' invader armies, all the way back to serving as mercenaries for Egyptian rulers in forts at the Elephantine.

the people who peddle the 'Uber-Pacifist' rubbish the most are assorted deviants and sociopaths, the types who want to toss Xians into ovens; they try and sell that nonsense to make it a lot easier on themselves to threaten Xians and when they come to march them off to concentration camps for the crime of frowning on mass baby murders and faggots cornholing little boys.
Once upon a time in America, Christians were outspoken in the public square, even taking sabbaticals from their clerical positions to fight in the Revolution.

After decades of pacifism in the church - more than a century, even - no wonder the country has lurched so far to the left and the church has started to decline.

Last edited:

Protestants are like pseudo-Christians. Protestantism effectively enabled people to just invent their own churches on a whim so long as they could find even the wonkiest interpretation of the bible to back it up. That’s how you end up with like a million different churches that all seem to preach the same thing, or weird cults like Mormons and Seventh Day Adventists.

Erich Kästner (1927)

I'm only pretty sure the peace that Christ taught had nothing to do with society but instead was about having peace through the storm. It was a personal message; not a societal one. At least not in the way people are supposing. You fix a society the same way you eat an elephant; one bite at a time.

I don't eat elephants.

Es geht ums Tun und nicht ums Siegen.

weisse-rose-detail-detail.jpg

1943, kurz vor dem Ende der Nazidiktatur, wurden die Geschwister Sophie und Hans Scholl und vier weitere Mitglieder der Widerstandsbewegung "Die Weiße Rose" in München hingerichtet. Ihnen und all denen, die sich auch heute - und gerade heute wieder - dem Faschismus und Rassismus entgegenstellen, ist dieses Lied zugeeignet.

Jetzt haben sie euch zur Legende gemacht
Und in Unwirklichkeiten versponnen,
Denn dann ist einem - um den Vergleich gebracht -
Auch das schlechte Gewissen genommen.

Ihr wärt heute genauso unbequem
Wie alle, die zwischen den Fahnen stehn,
Denn die aufrecht gehn, sind in jedem System
Nur historisch hoch angesehn.

Ihr wärt hier so wichtig, Sophie und Hans,
Alexander und all die andern,
Eure Schlichtheit und euer Mut,
Euer Gottvertrauen - ach, tät das gut!
Denn die Menschlichkeit, man kann es verstehn,
War hierzuland eher ungern gesehn
Und beschloß deshalb auszuwandern.

Ihr habt geschrien,
Wo alle schwiegen,
Obwohl ein Schrei nichts ändern kann,
Ihr habt gewartet, ihr seid geblieben,
Ihr habt geschrien,
Wo alle schwiegen -
Es ging ums Tun und
Nicht ums Siegen!

Das Land ist sicher menschlicher seitdem.
Doch noch wird geduckt und getreten.
Der Herbst an der Isar ist wunderschön,
Und in den Wäldern lagern Raketen.

Ich würd mal mit euch für mein Leben gern
Ein paar Stunden zusammen sitzen,
Doch so nah ihr mir seid, dazu seid ihr zu fern,
Trotzdem werd ich die Ohren spitzen.

Denn die Menschlichkeit, man kann's verstehn,

Ihr habt geschrien,
Wo alle schwiegen,
Ihr habt gewartet,
Ihr seid geblieben,
Ihr habt geschrien,
Wo alle schwiegen -
Es ging ums Tun
Und nicht ums Siegen!

Ihr habt gewartet,
Ihr seid geblieben,
Ihr habt geschrien,
Wo alle schwiegen -
Es geht ums Tun
Und nicht ums Siegen!

Konstantin Wecker

Last edited:

Erich Kästner (1927)

I don't eat elephants.

Es geht ums Tun und nicht ums Siegen.

weisse-rose-detail-detail.jpg

1943, kurz vor dem Ende der Nazidiktatur, wurden die Geschwister Sophie und Hans Scholl und vier weitere Mitglieder der Widerstandsbewegung "Die Weiße Rose" in München hingerichtet. Ihnen und all denen, die sich auch heute - und gerade heute wieder - dem Faschismus und Rassismus entgegenstellen, ist dieses Lied zugeeignet.

Jetzt haben sie euch zur Legende gemacht
Und in Unwirklichkeiten versponnen,
Denn dann ist einem - um den Vergleich gebracht -
Auch das schlechte Gewissen genommen.

Ihr wärt heute genauso unbequem
Wie alle, die zwischen den Fahnen stehn,
Denn die aufrecht gehn, sind in jedem System
Nur historisch hoch angesehn.

Denn die Menschlichkeit, man kann es verstehn,

Ihr habt geschrien,
Wo alle schwiegen,
Ihr habt gewartet, ihr seid geblieben,
Ihr habt geschrien,
Wo alle schwiegen -
Es ging ums Tun und
Nicht ums Siegen!

Das Land ist sicher menschlicher seitdem.
Doch noch wird geduckt und getreten.
Der Herbst an der Isar ist wunderschön,
Und in den Wäldern lagern Raketen.

Ich würd mal mit euch für mein Leben gern
Ein paar Stunden zusammen sitzen,
Doch so nah ihr mir seid, dazu seid ihr zu fern,
Trotzdem werd ich die Ohren spitzen.

Denn die Menschlichkeit, man kann's verstehn,

Ihr habt geschrien,
Wo alle schwiegen,
Ihr habt gewartet,
Ihr seid geblieben,
Ihr habt geschrien,
Wo alle schwiegen -
Es ging ums Tun
Und nicht ums Siegen!

Ihr habt gewartet,
Ihr seid geblieben,
Ihr habt geschrien,
Wo alle schwiegen -
Es geht ums Tun
Und nicht ums Siegen!

Konstantin Wecker

And you don't understand the good news either.

Protestants are like pseudo-Christians. Protestantism effectively enabled people to just invent their own churches on a whim so long as they could find even the wonkiest interpretation of the bible to back it up. That’s how you end up with like a million different churches that all seem to preach the same thing, or weird cults like Mormons and Seventh Day Adventists.

Has nothing to do with Protestant theology; there are many sects and cults among Catholicism and Judaism as well, some long gone, new ones popping up every day, no different than political fads; the vast majority get along with each other, unlike deviants and commies who can get along with nobody, not even themselves, which is why they're always murdering each other en masse. People have different needs, and some invent what they want to believe, and none of it can be forced on anybody else here in the U.S. You will hear a lot more crazy shit from 'rationalists' and 'secular humanists' than you will the average Christian.

Forum List

Back