WARNING

Consumer reports just put out a warning--97% of all chicken breast contain a very bad form of bacteria, resistant to all forms of antibiotics.
Damn if that ain't comforting.

Cook 'em good and wash your hands!!!!

Consumer reports just put out a warning--97% of all chicken breast contain a very bad form of bacteria, resistant to all forms of antibiotics.

Raise your own. Free range chickens do not have those issues. If you saw how they raised chickens these days you wouldn't eat one from the store. Do you know you posted this in religion forum?

p.s. thanks for the heads up. It's always good to warn folks about these things.

Last edited:
Most meat has some nasty bacteria. Every time you say you got "stomach flu", its actually a reaction to that.

However, vegetarians should not think they're safe as there are many opportunities for contamination between the field and your plate. Wash your veggies well.

Most meat has some nasty bacteria. Every time you say you got "stomach flu", its actually a reaction to that.

However, vegetarians should not think they're safe as there are many opportunities for contamination between the field and your plate. Wash your veggies well.
Yes, migrant workers shit in the fields.

Why is this in religion/ethics?

Mods?
Could be a good idea - all things considered. If some Christians here do not know that God is not a woman it's possible they do not know it's wisdom to bless what you eat and what you drink. I've blessed contaminated food and ate it before while those with me didn't and I was the only one who didn't get sick. (true story)

Yes, migrant workers shit in the fields.

Uh, no ... Workers who are not allowed bathroom breaks or given porta-potties shit in the fields.

Mods?
Could be a good idea - all things considered. If some Christians here do not know that God is not a woman it's possible they do not know it's wisdom to bless what you eat and what you drink. I've blessed contaminated food and ate it before while those with me didn't and I was the only one who didn't get sick. (true story)

How bout you tell us about the time you walked on water, or the time you soared through the sky on a cloud

Yep. But not just chicken.

Also, people think that chicken is somehow better for you but there were three studies published in, of all places, the Wall Street Journal, that showed chicken is no better than other kinds of meat.

Safest is no meat but if you're going to eat it, don't buy from a grocery store. Buy only from someone you know, where you can see how they're kept, killed and processed.

Mods?
You fundies are some kinda' scary.

Was this some kind of freakish experiment? Did the people you were with knowingly eat contaminated food or was this an experiment you surprised folks with?

Read the CDC bulletin for 2013. Nothing new, in fact they expect this type of salmonella outbreak this time of year. It's happened many time before, 630 cases so far, 3/4 in California.

Salmonella Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster Farms Brand Chicken Oct 2013 CDC

This is the so-called "stomach flu" I mentioned above.

Interesting to me is that even though we all know meat is unsafe and that US meat cannot even be sold in some other countries, people just continue to chow down.

The situation is getting worse. There are far more instances of food poisoning now than ever before. If Repubs get their way, there will be no regs to force producers to clean up their act.

Does anyone believe that China-owned pork producers care about Americans dying form food poisoning?

We know more about this president than any other in our history. No records have been sealed. Not even one.

Obama 8217 s 8216 Sealed 8217 Records

Read the CDC bulletin for 2013. Nothing new, in fact they expect this type of salmonella outbreak this time of year. It's happened many time before, 630 cases so far, 3/4 in California.

Salmonella Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster Farms Brand Chicken Oct 2013 CDC

Interesting to me is that even though we all know meat is unsafe and that US meat cannot even be sold in some other countries, people just continue to chow down.

The situation is getting worse. There are far more instances of food poisoning now than ever before. If Repubs get their way, there will be no regs to force producers to clean up their act.

Does anyone believe that China-owned pork producers care about Americans dying form food poisoning?

We had a cantaloupe farm in my part of the world that sold its produce from the backs of trucks parked in empty gas station lots at busy intersections all around southern Colorado. Their cantaloupes were beautiful and very well known here. Then a few years ago, the farm's owners, Eric and Ryan Jensen got sloppy, cutting back on already low labor costs, in not steam cleaning their stainless steel processing, washing, and sorting equipment. The result was 33 dead and hundreds more made deathly sick when contaminated cantaloupes hit the streets. The brothers are under indictment on 33 counts of manslaughter/murder...I can't remember. And all of this could have been prevented with a $200 industrial steam cleaner and a few hours of labor. I doubt either will ever get out of prison.

We know more about this president than any other in our history. No records have been sealed. Not even one.

Obama 8217 s 8216 Sealed 8217 Records

We had a cantaloupe farm in my part of the world that sold its produce from the backs of trucks parked in empty gas station lots at busy intersections all around southern Colorado. Their cantaloupes were beautiful and very well known here. Then a few years ago, the farm's owners, Eric and Ryan Jensen got sloppy, cutting back on already low labor costs, in not steam cleaning their stainless steel processing, washing, and sorting equipment. The result was 33 dead and hundreds more made deathly sick when contaminated cantaloupes hit the streets. The brothers are under indictment on 33 counts of manslaughter/murder...I can't remember. And all of this could have been prevented with a $200 industrial steam cleaner and a few hours of labor. I doubt either will ever get out of prison.

I remember that. Are they actually in jail?

You're out towards Durango?

But "bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good."

Forum List

Back