War songs.

i can't believe nobody posted this:

I believe the premise of the OP was "war songs", not "anti-war songs.

:auiqs.jpg:

hmmmm.... not only did the OP not clarify that....

but his 2nd post .... ANTI WAR

his 3rd post was one of the ones i posted as well.

so.... uh ....

:laughing0301:

Call me old-fashioned, but the only purpose music has in regards to war, is to instill patriotism, nationalism, and the urge to kick someone's ass and take away their stuff.

Anti-war music is demoralizing, discouraging, and creates nothing but dishonor and defeat.

1626223042427.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

i can't believe nobody posted this:

I believe the premise of the OP was "war songs", not "anti-war songs.

hmmmm.... not only did the OP not clarify that....

but his 2nd post .... ANTI WAR

his 3rd post was one of the ones i posted as well.

so.... uh ....

:laughing0301:

Call me old-fashioned, but the only purpose music has in regards to war, is to instill patriotism, nationalism, and the urge to kick someone's ass and take away their stuff.

Anti-war music is demoralizing, discouraging, and creates nothing but dishonor and defeat.

lol .... call me a realist - but glorifying an act that can destroy lives & minds has its drawbacks. my father fought in WW2 & anytime someone asked about it, i could immediately see a 'shift' in his demeaner. it affected him bigley & i could tell how it mentally transported him right back to that time. thankfully he survived, but there's ALWAYS 2 sides of it.

anyhoo ... even though yer rhetoric to me didn't address the fact you flunked the thread comprehension course, i'll throw this one in too:

The French Army is a pretty tough one if only they could take the control of France in 2022 and get rid of macaroni that will be fine with me ;)

The French Army is a pretty tough one if only they could take the control of France in 2022 and get rid of macaroni that will be fine with me ;)

That would be fine with me too, and I'm not even French.

The French owe a lot to the Americans, they should not forget, I have not forgotten the sacrifice that your country to give to France in Normandie June 6 ;)

photo507.jpg

That would be fine with me too, and I'm not even French.

The French owe a lot to the Americans, they should not forget, I have not forgotten the sacrifice that your country to give to France in Normandie June 6 ;)

View attachment 512826

We owe France a great deal of gratitude as well. If it hadn't been for the money, troops, armament, military leadership and naval support you graciously offered during the Revolutionary War, we'd probably be eating eel pies and blood pudding right now.

Forum List

Back