War on football?

This is a fallacious topic. You would be more on target stating the NFL has a war on football with their rules which water down the sport making it into flag football with pads.

I played football and do not want my son playing either BTW.

Last edited:
President Obama: 'I would not let my son play pro football' | Mail Online

I can absolutely see liberals first banning football for pee wee leagues, then high school, meaning no talent for the NCAA then the NFL, and of course "for the children"

But like in mentally defective liberal faggot land, 12 year olds are mature enough to have sex an abortions, but a 17 year old isn't mature enough to play football.

He was not saying anything about banning anything. In fact, he said that he is a football fan.

But the injuries and damages done to the body by football players is well documented. Like he said, it equates to boxing in many ways.

Wait until you see your son unconscious on the field, then talk about it.

Simple fix to the injury concern: eliminate helmets and padding. No one's gonna run full speed into another devoid of padding let alone headbutt someone.

When I played pwwwee football in the 50s we still used had LEATHER HELMETS.

Yes I got a concussion ..as did the guy whose head my head hit.

We were both running full speed at each other and both had been taught to hunker down and hit the man hard as you can.

SMACK
! Two 11 year olds unconscious on the field.

I love football. I watch every NFL game that's on and some college. I don't want my son playing football. Thankfully, we're too small a school to have anything more than a Middle School flag football team...which he did play.

Simple fix to the injury concern: eliminate helmets and padding. No one's gonna run full speed into another devoid of padding let alone headbutt someone.

Ever play football?

No, but I've watched professional rugby and Australian-rules football. Both are helmetless and with minimal pads. Dunno what their injury rates are as compared to American football, but the result would be similar.

President Obama: 'I would not let my son play pro football' | Mail Online

I can absolutely see liberals first banning football for pee wee leagues, then high school, meaning no talent for the NCAA then the NFL, and of course "for the children"

But like in mentally defective liberal faggot land, 12 year olds are mature enough to have sex an abortions, but a 17 year old isn't mature enough to play football.

Oh no, not 'if I had a son' drivel again

-Geaux

obama-lectern-seal-630-gettycopy.jpg

shoulfdnt obama be more worried sabout the violence in chicago? what causes more injuries?

So blame the reporter for asking the question. All Obama did was answer what was asked.

And it shouldn't be difficult to see the difference between what a fan sees and what a father sees for his son.

Ever play football?

No, but I've watched professional rugby and Australian-rules football. Both are helmetless and with minimal pads. Dunno what their injury rates are as compared to American football, but the result would be similar.

Logically, that would be the case. But I remember playing "backyard" football when I was a teenager. I also played on the high school team. I hit just as hard and got hurt more often, in the backyard games. I think it is more about youth being reckless and thinking they are indestructible than it is about padding.

Only a fool would allow their child to play football.

(The op is a lie but what else is new?)

Ever play football?

Logically, that would be the case. But I remember playing "backyard" football when I was a teenager. I also played on the high school team. I hit just as hard and got hurt more often, in the backyard games. I think it is more about youth being reckless and thinking they are indestructible than it is about padding.

Ah yes, I remember the last full contact, no pads football game I played. I was about 21. Three guys went to the hospital that day. I couldn't hardly walk for three days. That was it for me.

Fast forward to my kid playing in 7th grade. He came home from a summer practice beat to pieces. Almost got his pitching arm broke. I remember him asking me would it be ok if he didn't play football.

It was more than ok with me but he had to tell the coach. He did and the coach ridiculed him. Hell the kid didn't weigh 100 pounds. Playing against kids going over 150.

We both tried it. Didn't see the benefit in getting seriously hurt. Much more fun to watch it on TV like I did yesterday. Along with my uninjured son.

But you can already see what is going to happen as more and more info comes out about concussion injury.

Pretty soon the only kids playing football will be the ones coming from inner city schools where the only way out that a young man can see is football.

I mean if you can't use your brain for thinking and making a living, use your head as a battering ram to make a living. Or at least get some respect. That's using your head.

But the guy (or woman) who develops the helmet that will mitigate head injuries will be one rich person.

Forum List

Back