War on Drugs?

Dan Stubbs

FORGET ---- HELL
May 4, 2017
Some where in the Deep South.
I know that I have a problem. My problem is I ask "why" something happens. Its like the so called war on drugs. They have cut the amount used to Chronic pain people, they have cut across the board to Vet, Hosp Em Rooms, even the Vet offices for dogs and cats. WHY. It seem this whole War on Drugs are being pushed by the Insurance Co to cut their cost, and this will up the profits. Then on the other line, the Government is slowly taking over the Insurance business, this should put them out of business. True or false I have not idea. Next they have put limits on how much big Pharm can sell in the USA, but overseas not a problem for them to do this. I am waiting for them to move the drug industry out of the USA. OK anyone have any input on this.....Please explain..I don't have a clue.

It's all about brand identification....The whole problem is we are reallying on people to tell us how to take care of our own bodies with foreign medicines when natural remedies still exist...

It's all about brand identification....The whole problem is we are reallying on people to tell us how to take care of our own bodies with foreign medicines when natural remedies still exist...
and some of the side effects those prescribed meds can be as bad or worse then the condition being treated....

and some of the side effects those prescribed meds can be as bad or worse then the condition being treated....
So true.

I have a family member who recently retired to a gold plated retirement (he did very well) only to take his doctor’s advice in prescribing a well known anti cholesterol drug. Now he can’t walk without assistance. So much for traveling the world in your retirement.

So true.

I have a family member who recently retired to a gold plated retirement (he did very well) only to take his doctor’s advice in prescribing a well known anti cholesterol drug. Now he can’t walk without assistance. So much for traveling the world in your retirement.
and they traced this to the drug he used?....

So true.

He and his wife are convinced it is. He was fine prior to taking the drug. The drug does warn that it can effect your muscles, but his cholesterol is lower. F that!

• Banned
So true.

Ten years ago they put me on Libstor took it for one month and everything worked out good. I quit and lID has not gone up since, I keep telling the Doc I am still taking it and tear up the scrip for it. My Cholesterol if 77 and steady.

So true.

Ten years ago they put me on Libstor took it for one month and everything worked out good. I quit and lID has not gone up since, I keep telling the Doc I am still taking it and tear up the scrip for it. My Cholesterol if 77 and steady.
My doctor prescribed a anti cholesterol drug several years ago, based on one blood sample. As I left his office, I tore it up and threw it in the waste basket.

Later upon returning to get a minor cyst removedl, the young nurse upon my telling her I don’t take any prescription drugs, says well we will have to fix that. I nearly blurted out FUCK YOU, but didn’t. I fired that doctor.

So true.

He and his wife are convinced it is. He was fine prior to taking the drug. The drug does warn that it can effect your muscles, but his cholesterol is lower. F that!
i know lots of people who take satins....including me....never seen or heard of this happening... interesting......

So true.

i know lots of people who take satins....including me....never seen or heard of this happening... interesting......
Me too. However it is relatively common for users to experience muscle weakness and pain. Sometimes more severe effects.

What are statin side effects?

Muscle pain and damage
One of the most common complaints of people taking statins is muscle pain. You may feel this pain as a soreness, tiredness or weakness in your muscles. The pain can be a mild discomfort, or it can be severe enough to make your daily activities difficult.

However, researchers have found a "nocebo" effect when it comes to perceived muscle pain and statins. A "nocebo" effect means people who have negative expectations about a medication report experiencing the potential side effect at higher rates than the drug should cause.

The actual risk of developing muscle pain as a result of taking statins is about 5 percent or less compared with taking a pill that doesn't contain medication (placebo). However, studies have found that nearly 30 percent of people stopped taking the pills because of muscle aches even when they were taking a placebo.

A strong predictor you'll experience muscle aches when taking statins could be whether or not you read about the potential side effect.

Very rarely, statins can cause life-threatening muscle damage called rhabdomyolysis (rab-doe-my-OL-ih-sis). Rhabdomyolysis can cause severe muscle pain, liver damage, kidney failure and death. The risk of very serious side effects is extremely low, and calculated in a few cases per million people taking statins. Rhabdomyolysis can occur when you take statins in combination with certain drugs or if you take a high dose of statins.

Statin side effects: Weigh the benefits and risksr

So true.

Me too. However it is relatively common for users to experience muscle weakness and pain. Sometimes more severe effects.

What are statin side effects?

Muscle pain and damage
One of the most common complaints of people taking statins is muscle pain. You may feel this pain as a soreness, tiredness or weakness in your muscles. The pain can be a mild discomfort, or it can be severe enough to make your daily activities difficult.

However, researchers have found a "nocebo" effect when it comes to perceived muscle pain and statins. A "nocebo" effect means people who have negative expectations about a medication report experiencing the potential side effect at higher rates than the drug should cause.

The actual risk of developing muscle pain as a result of taking statins is about 5 percent or less compared with taking a pill that doesn't contain medication (placebo). However, studies have found that nearly 30 percent of people stopped taking the pills because of muscle aches even when they were taking a placebo.

A strong predictor you'll experience muscle aches when taking statins could be whether or not you read about the potential side effect.

Very rarely, statins can cause life-threatening muscle damage called rhabdomyolysis (rab-doe-my-OL-ih-sis). Rhabdomyolysis can cause severe muscle pain, liver damage, kidney failure and death. The risk of very serious side effects is extremely low, and calculated in a few cases per million people taking statins. Rhabdomyolysis can occur when you take statins in combination with certain drugs or if you take a high dose of statins.

Statin side effects: Weigh the benefits and risksr
if you take statins you should also look into taking a CoQ10 supplement...

Forum List

Back