Want your Kids to Learn US History?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Homeschool them.

Also, to avoid brainwashing, you might encourage them to take up a trade instead of going to college.... this will save you some money as well....

Home schooling is a terrible way to teach history. All you may be doing is teaching them to believe what you want them to believe.

It's no wonder that American kids grow up to hate their country. All they're taught in school is about americas' past transgressions. They don't learn about how we saved the world from fascism and communism

Homeschool them.

Also, to avoid brainwashing, you might encourage them to take up a trade instead of going to college.... this will save you some money as well....

Great idea, conservative why would you want your kids to go to college? Better to get them in the fast food business early so they can work up to gas station attendant and then on to secretary. Good times.

Home schooling is a terrible way to teach history. All you may be doing is teaching them to believe what you want them to believe.

Oh you mean instead of the lies and bias they teach in schools? Okay....

It's no wonder that American kids grow up to hate their country. All they're taught in school is about americas' past transgressions. They don't learn about how we saved the world from fascism and communism

Movies do a much better job of this than schools would ever dream of doing.....

Homeschool them.

Great idea, conservative why would you want your kids to go to college? Better to get them in the fast food business early so they can work up to gas station attendant and then on to secretary. Good times.

There are exceptions. I was shocked at how many kids graduate with Liberal Arts degrees. The last graduation I attended I think it was like 15 or 20%. Waste. They are just going because their parents want them to (for image) or because all their friends go. Better for them to learn something like plumbing, electrical work, cosmetology etc.

BTW, most secretarial jobs do require a degree, but you can go to a business school for those skills and save yourself some money.

Homeschool them.

Some people who home school create bigger idiots than themselves!

I'm hopefully talking to intelligent people. Most morons thrown their kids in any old school and don't care

Homeschool is good for parents that want that for their kids. I wanted mine to experience the social aspects and extra curricular as well. Teaching love of country is NOT the job of a school.... That didn't happen during my kids education thankfully. That's up to parents and kids themselves. History classes are on the bottom of importance as far as job preparation.

I have 4 kids...2 engineers and a pediatrician....they are doing well. The youngest took over my business. 4 college degrees.

Oh you mean instead of the lies and bias they teach in schools? Okay....

So when did you sit through the class or get certified to teach It?

Much of this hysteria you show is hype.

Try dealing in facts.

Yep....don't ever recall one instance of indoctrination in my kids education other than saying the pledge every day.

Homeschool them.

There are exceptions. I was shocked at how many kids graduate with Liberal Arts degrees. The last graduation I attended I think it was like 15 or 20%. Waste. They are just going because their parents want them to (for image) or because all their friends go. Better for them to learn something like plumbing, electrical work, cosmetology etc.

BTW, most secretarial jobs do require a degree, but you can go to a business school for those skills and save yourself some money.

No higher education is wasted. College in general rounds out a persons understanding of the real world, mathmatically, philosophically, in chemistry, biology, etc. One of the most important things it does is teach a person as they learn more just how much there is to learn. People with no higher education have this weird self serving belief that 'well you don't learn THAT much more in college than you do on the street' which leads to ignorant people thinking they can reason on the level of a PH.D or a doctor.

Ignorance legitimizes itself.

Homeschool them.

No higher education is wasted. College in general rounds out a persons understanding of the real world, mathmatically, philosophically, in chemistry, biology, etc. One of the most important things it does is teach a person as they learn more just how much there is to learn. People with no higher education have this weird self serving belief that 'well you don't learn THAT much more in college than you do on the street' which leads to ignorant people thinking they can reason on the level of a PH.D or a doctor.

Ignorance legitimizes itself.
I graduated from The University of Maryland and thought all of it was a waste. I was well rounded already, and learned all I needed to know on the job

Homeschool them.

I went to college and got an Asso. degree in Electrical Engineering. You know how much that benefited me? I got a job in a prison working maintenance for $11.04 an hour.

Years later I went to a trade school for Harley Davidson Technician. I was making near $35 an hour when I retired, and had I not retired, there was the potential to make $45 an hour.

Now you tell me, what benefited me the most, Einstein, college, or the trade school?

Forum List

Back