Want more Homeless camps?

My wife and I took a bike route by the city a few days ago. We hadn't been on it since last year. It has been taken over by homeless people. Tents or "shelters" made out of poles and sheets line the bike route now. There's homeless people walking aimlessly on the path. One idiot was sitting on the path in a narrow tunnel. We missed hitting him by inches. It was a very nice path a year ago.

My wife and I took a bike route by the city a few days ago. We hadn't been on it since last year. It has been taken over by homeless people. Tents or "shelters" made out of poles and sheets line the bike route now. There's homeless people walking aimlessly on the path. One idiot was sitting on the path in a narrow tunnel. We missed hitting him by inches. It was a very nice path a year ago.
Few months ago it was like that in the city where I am at - homeless tents on every single sidewalk all over the place. Seems they finally got tired of it, they are gone now.

Even the hard left has hit the limit of patience for people putting up tents right in front on their homes.

This is how you do it. Good way to shrink your city even more.
Your link:

"Park Board lawyer Ann Walther argued Park defendants were faced with an unprecedented situation in the summer of 2020, 'dealing with chaos, criminal activity, and a pandemic where one of the few things people could do was get out in parks.'

"She said the Park Board has never been in the business of handling homeless encampments, and that Bangoura and Ohotto acted within the parameters of Gov. Tim Walz's COVID-19 executive orders.

"In March 2020, Walz issued orders prohibiting disbanding encampments unless they became a public safety threat.

"Following civil unrest over the murder of George Floyd in May, the Minneapolis unsheltered population grew.

"Many moved into parks."

I live across the street from a 9 square-block city park that became a magnet for homeless tents after Covid hit. Public safety definitely experienced a rising threat level from the sales of fentanyl-laced methamphetamine.
streetvendors.jpg

This local problem is compounded by dozens of street vendors and the crowds of "shoppers" they draw.

Any solution I can imagine from increasing the number of affordable housing units and social workers all require an increase in funding that will not happen if current levels of taxation aren't addressed.

960x0.jpg

Forum List

Back