Want a modern band that sounds/feels like AC/DC? DONE

Wow, this band could very well be AC/DC cloned. Two years back, when summer rock festivals were alive and well, I saw Greta Van Fleet (they'd released 2 songs prior) and was blown away by the similarity of the singer's voice to Robert Plant. That band has a great stage performance as well; the lead guitar playing while on his back was pretty impressive and their energy was amazing. They've been touring in Europe last I read, and have dropped off the US radar for now.

I love hard rock music and likely always will...plus a few other genres:) Thanks for sharing.

They're good, but it's doubtful they'll ever hit it big beyond Australia.

Music fans are a finicky sort. Being from Australia, they will instantly be dismissed as AC/DC 'wannabes". Whether that's fair or not doesn't matter. It's what will happen...

AC/DC Is one of the very best R&R bands ever.
That said, I’m not looking for another one. I want something new, exciting and original.

credit where it is due. Airborne is quite good.
Is this my best friend who will never enjoy any other music as much as AC/DC? Hellooo! lol I know you are not her, but your post could have been written by her...well minus the part about wanting something new and original. She continues to play AC/DC at all times possible...well I tend to exaggerateat times.

I went to high school with a guy who is in an AC/DC tribute band and they do quite well with their following and travelling regionally. Like you, I guess once a fan at that level always a fan.

Agree btw that Airborne is quite good! I am glad to have another band to add to my music list.

Music fans are a finicky sort. Being from Australia, they will instantly be dismissed as AC/DC 'wannabes". Whether that's fair or not doesn't matter. It's what will happen...
That's too bad. US music fans are a bit fickle as well, and when a band goes international tour the true fans stay loyal. I just checked Greta Van Fleet's tour schedule and they'll be in South America this December. Hopefully, US fans will still fully support them when they're able to come back to the states and preform again. I know I will!

That's too bad. US music fans are a bit fickle as well, and when a band goes international tour the true fans stay loyal. I just checked Greta Van Fleet's tour schedule and they'll be in South America this December. Hopefully, US fans will still fully support them when they're able to come back to the states and preform again. I know I will!

I was actually referring to US music fans.

There's already been an AC/DC. If another band from that same country comes along, they'll be viewed as someone who has hijacked the sound to make a buck. Now, that may or may not be an accurate assessment, but it will happen, and it's the one thing which will keep them from catching on over here...

I was actually referring to US music fans.

There's already been an AC/DC. If another band from that same country comes along, they'll be viewed as someone who has hijacked the sound to make a buck. Now, that may or may not be an accurate assessment, but it will happen, and it's the one thing which will keep them from catching on over here...
Ah okay; I misunderstood you were referring to Aussie fans being from Australia. Sad fact, most of us Americans have very short attention spans and patience. We're always looking for the next best thing, and searching for unique experiences is programmed into our DNA.

It's pretty amazing that music has continued to evolve since the time of early flutes made from animal bones around 37,000 years ago. That's a long stretch of time.

Music is truly a great unifier, at least while in that moment. Emotionally provoking leads do it for me, regardless of what type of music being played. Songs without lyrics run deep as well. I've recently been listening to instrumental Celtic music before bed as a way to relax, and it adds a nice balance to my daily dose of progressive rock.

Forum List

Back