Wanna see how 1124 rounds of 9mm starts out?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
First you have to de-prime and re-size the cases. Took me all morning on this single stage RCBS press, but the job is done. Next they go into the vibrating case tumbler so they're all pretty and shiny. Then comes separating them by manufacturer, checking them for splits and cracks, measuring each one for the proper length, and trimming the cases that are out of spec. Then a whole bunch of other processes.

I didn't actually count them, I just found out how many cases per ounce, weighed the whole batch, then did the math. I have two more 5-gallon buckets of empty 9mm cases that I got at a garage sale for $5 apiece.

Whew. This is hard work. :206:

1124%20rounds1.jpg

1124%20rounds2.jpg

1124%20rounds3.jpg

First you have to de-prime and re-size the cases. Took me all morning on this single stage RCBS press, but the job is done. Next they go into the vibrating case tumbler so they're all pretty and shiny. Then comes separating them by manufacturer, checking them for splits and cracks, measuring each one for the proper length, and trimming the cases that are out of spec. Then a whole bunch of other processes.

I didn't actually count them, I just found out how many cases per ounce, weighed the whole batch, then did the math. I have two more 5-gallon buckets of empty 9mm cases that I got at a garage sale for $5 apiece.

1124%20rounds1.jpg

1124%20rounds2.jpg

1124%20rounds3.jpg

Hard work but very relaxing and satisfying. And you'll save a fortune over buying new.

1124%20rounds1.jpg

1124%20rounds2.jpg

1124%20rounds3.jpg

Hard work but very relaxing and satisfying. And you'll save a fortune over buying new.

You'd think so. But I shoot alot more, so... :laugh:

1124%20rounds1.jpg

1124%20rounds2.jpg

1124%20rounds3.jpg

Bet this dude can feel your pain.

Forum List

Back