Wanna see a grown man cry?

Feb 28, 2009
... Be at my house Sunday at 7am central.... When I watch them implode Texas Stadium...

After 39 years, Texas Stadium ready for implosion - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo, TX: newschannel10.com

In about one minute, down will go the building that was home to the Dallas Cowboys during all 5 of their Super Bowl championships and was the birthplace of those famous cheerleaders. It also hosted other events ranging from a Billy Graham crusade to Von Erich brothers wrestling extravaganzas.
Far more than what they name in the quote, there's the personal memories. The history. The blood, sweat and tears shed there by players, coaches, fans....

Sad to see it go.

I'm going through the same thing with Giants Stadium

I still see no reason they had to replace it

I'm always cheered by the sight of grown men crying! Are we going to follow the sob fest with a meal?

'would of been nice if I ever had a chance to go the Giants stadium to see a Giants game. Tickets not easy and cheap to come by. Have seen them 2x one in Atlanta, one in Denver. might make it a yearly thing, trying to see them on a road since you have to blow someone to see a home game :razz:

When you realize how much of your tax money went into that, then you will really grab your handkerchief.

Never was a big fan of Texas stadium, glad its gone.

As for teh meadowlands, it was never the same since they added grass instead of turf.

'would of been nice if I ever had a chance to go the Giants stadium to see a Giants game. Tickets not easy and cheap to come by. Have seen them 2x one in Atlanta, one in Denver. might make it a yearly thing, trying to see them on a road since you have to blow someone to see a home game :razz:

For what you have to pay on StubHub ($200+ for end zone) you might as well go to another city. It would cost less

... Be at my house Sunday at 7am central.... When I watch them implode Texas Stadium...

After 39 years, Texas Stadium ready for implosion - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo, TX: newschannel10.com

In about one minute, down will go the building that was home to the Dallas Cowboys during all 5 of their Super Bowl championships and was the birthplace of those famous cheerleaders. It also hosted other events ranging from a Billy Graham crusade to Von Erich brothers wrestling extravaganzas.
Far more than what they name in the quote, there's the personal memories. The history. The blood, sweat and tears shed there by players, coaches, fans....

Sad to see it go.

My Brother in law used to go to all the home games. He was president of the cheerleaders official fan club for 2 years if I remember right. Got some pics of him with some of the Ladies. Such a lucky dog he was.......

Sad to see it go.

I felt the same way when they blew up Schaeffer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium.

'would of been nice if I ever had a chance to go the Giants stadium to see a Giants game
That's just the thing. People who have never been there for the magic and/or the drama wouldn't understand.

Picture if you will, being in a a HS marching band bringing 30,000 people to their feet in a state regional contest.

Ric Flair vs. Kerry VonErich for the NWA title.

1985 the Giants there out for blood..... And Dallas turning them back early, then holding on late on Mike Downs' end zone interception heroics.

First game after 9-11..... Entire field covered with a US flag...

10n6n2s.jpg

Emmitt Smith... Personally destroying the Giants.... With a separated shoulder....

Tom Landry's induction into the Ring of Honor.....

You DID sort of have to BE there ya know....

My son played football in that stadium against Flower Mound Marcus vs Cooper Cougars...We lost but what memories.

cas-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have great memories of Tex's Stadium, but it has seen it's day. I'll be watching.
I said that during the 2008 season, the last one there for Dallas -- Jerry should have painted it red, inside and out, crossed out the "Texas Stadium" in the welcome signs with red paint and just scrawled "Hell" underneath, had the home uniforms be BLACK... and let the old girl go out in a blaze of glory.

Likely, Dallas would have rode that to a divisional playoff game at home, the NFC Championship game at home, then a Super Bowl win.

What actually happened?

Nothing. It was just another season. Oh, there were little commemorations.... But nothing really special.

Oh and yeah, Dallas lost its last game there, and didn't even make the playoffs. Texas Stadium went out with a feeble whimper.... And will go out with a series of high explosive, surgical bangs on Sunday.

My son played football in that stadium against Flower Mound Marcus vs Cooper Cougars...We lost but what memories.

cas-1.jpg
Marcus was a badass team in those days.

I played in Texas Stadium as well...
Yeah their defensive line would make any NFL lineman look scrawny. LOL

Did I tell you that Dominic Rhodes was on my son's team. He was the running back and I swear he use to fumble the ball all the time!

Emmitt Smith... Personally destroying the Giants.... With a separated shoulder....

As a Giant fan, I always remember that game...Emmitts arm dangling on his side and the Giants still couldn't stop him. Always respected Emmit after that game

New Topics

Forum List

Back