WalMart's response to the $15 an hour minimum wage

You'll see more and more of this kind of response.

I am obviously not a Liberal at all and I am a big Trump fan, but I do have to say:
I know a person who was a supervisor at Walmart and still only got $13 an hour. I don't believe in government coercion of course, but gee whiz, Walmart on their own should do better than that. That is pretty bad, especially near the Bay Area.

Sorry, WHY should they "do better"? Pretty obviously, they can get people who are willing to accept the job at that wage (I assume your friend asked how much it paid before accepting). When people stop accepting the job at that pay, they'll offer more.
Why? This person quit their job because of the low pay and I'm sure many others do. If you are an employer you don't want a revolving door with employees coming in and out. I would think that would be a good reason why. You want to retain good workers and you're not going to do that by paying crap wages

I'm sure they do quit. And I'm also sure that WalMart has no trouble replacing them. And some employers consider high turnover anathema, but for some, it's a natural fact of their business. Any field that involves a lot of unskilled labor and young people - such as restaurants and retail, which would include WalMart - has that built in. WalMart doesn't expect to retain very many of their workers at all, nor is that necessarily desirable to them. Have you not ever worked in an unskilled job?

ake way for robot janitors, Walmart shoppers. The world's largest retailer plans to have 360 robot mops scrubbing floors at some of its stores by the end of January, Walmart and artificial-intelligence provider Brain Corp., said Monday in a joint statement.

The autonomous machines are equipped with sensors to scan for people and obstacles nearby, and can clean up even with customers about, according to Brain Corp., a San Diego tech start up. The floor scrubbers need a person to map an initial training route, but can then follow the route on their own.

walmartrobotmop.jpg

Robot mop to clean floors at Walmart stores

/——/ Robot, clean up aisle 5

ake way for robot janitors, Walmart shoppers. The world's largest retailer plans to have 360 robot mops scrubbing floors at some of its stores by the end of January, Walmart and artificial-intelligence provider Brain Corp., said Monday in a joint statement.

The autonomous machines are equipped with sensors to scan for people and obstacles nearby, and can clean up even with customers about, according to Brain Corp., a San Diego tech start up. The floor scrubbers need a person to map an initial training route, but can then follow the route on their own.

walmartrobotmop.jpg

Oh please. You see more of that anyway.

Automation could kill 73 million U.S. jobs by 2030

85% of lost manufacturing jobs went to automation. At a time when Americans desperately need education, Republicans say college is bad for America. How are we to compete in the future? Are Republicans fear of “new” going to destroy this country?

Last edited:

walmartrobotmop.jpg

85% of last manufacturing jobs went to automation. At a time when Americans desperately need education, Republicans say college is bad for America. How are we to compete in the future? Are Republicans fear of “new” going to destroy this country?

/——/ What Republican said college is bad for America?

walmartrobotmop.jpg

85% of last manufacturing jobs went to automation. At a time when Americans desperately need education, Republicans say college is bad for America. How are we to compete in the future? Are Republicans fear of “new” going to destroy this country?

Most of them. The majority of Republicans.

The majority of Republicans say colleges are bad for America (yes, really)

walmartrobotmop.jpg

85% of lost manufacturing jobs went to automation. At a time when Americans desperately need education, Republicans say college is bad for America. How are we to compete in the future? Are Republicans fear of “new” going to destroy this country?

Free jobs for all!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:. I mean.....doy.........who cant see that?

Whenever the government gets involved in the market, millions get screwed.

Why don't we just make the minimum wage $25.00/hour and see how we do with that?:flirtysmile4:

walmartrobotmop.jpg

Not all college is bad for America. Demoscum college is bad for America. Face it. Robotic engineers will not be hired from the pool of Lesbian Dance Theory majors.

Republicans like college when the graduates can DO instead of FEEL. Demoscum like collge that instructs FEELINGS. Psychology, sexuality, social justice, art history, anything that instructs students to accept that "your freedoms end where my feelings begin."

To the demoscum a degree in Medieval Masturbation is as worthwhile as a degree in electrical engineering.

I am obviously not a Liberal at all and I am a big Trump fan, but I do have to say:
I know a person who was a supervisor at Walmart and still only got $13 an hour. I don't believe in government coercion of course, but gee whiz, Walmart on their own should do better than that. That is pretty bad, especially near the Bay Area.
Supply and Demand

walmartrobotmop.jpg

Not all college is bad for America. Demoscum college is bad for America. Face it. Robotic engineers will not be hired from the pool of Lesbian Dance Theory majors.

Republicans like college when the graduates can DO instead of FEEL. Demoscum like collge that instructs FEELINGS. Psychology, sexuality, social justice, art history, anything that instructs students to accept that "your freedoms end where my feelings begin."

To the demoscum a degree in Medieval Masturbation is as worthwhile as a degree in electrical engineering.

College the way the leftists have twisted it is bad. College for everyone, no matter what, is bad. College where people actually learn real things and become educated is something else.

If that is true then it tells us a truth about our nation.

walmartrobotmop.jpg

College the way the leftists have twisted it is bad. College for everyone, no matter what, is bad. College where people actually learn real things and become educated is something else.

The way it is going the college bound considering a degree in Fashion as a Political Statement would do well to switch to a trade school and learn robot repair and maintenance.

walmartrobotmop.jpg

It’s coming to all trades. It’s also coming to all the white collar jobs to.

walmartrobotmop.jpg

Most of them. The majority of Republicans.

The majority of Republicans say colleges are bad for America (yes, really)

/——/ Not all Republicans think that. They surveyed 2,000 adults. Some colleges are bad for America, some are good and others are middle of the road. One one size fits all.

Forum List

Back