Wall Street Felon, HF Traders Plot 3rd US Stock Exchange: Every Thing's Rigged.

"The Richest 10% of Americans Now Own 84% of All Stocks"

The Richest 10% of Americans Now Own 84% of All Stocks

"Despite the fact that almost half of all households owned stock shares either directly or indirectly through mutual funds, trusts, or various pension accounts, the richest 10% of households controlled 84% of the total value of these stocks in 2016..."

I get the impression both major parties propose legislation favorable to the richest 10% of households while most of their rhetoric about "democracy" is directed to the lower 90%.

As for Wall Street, it seems clear that fraud is the driving principle.

It's true, rich people are richer than poor people.
How do some rich people get richer than poor people?

A Wall Street Felon and High Frequency Traders Announce Plan to Form Stock Exchange

“High frequency trading reminds me a little of the scam in Office Space. You know, you take just a little bit of money from every trade in the hope that no one will complain.

"But taking a little bit of money from zillions of trades adds up to billions of dollars in profits for these high frequency traders and billions of dollars in losses for our retirement funds and our mutual funds and everybody else in the market place.

"It also means a tilt in the playing field for those who don’t have the information or have the access to the speed or big enough to play in this game.”

It sounds like it starts by saving some money and using it to buy stock.

“High frequency trading reminds me a little of the scam in Office Space. You know, you take just a little bit of money from every trade in the hope that no one will complain.

Taking money? And you a trader on the other side of these HFT transactions? Or is it the 10% who own the 84%?

"But taking a little bit of money from zillions of trades adds up to billions of dollars in profits for these high frequency traders and billions of dollars in losses for our retirement funds and our mutual funds and everybody else in the market place.

If your pension or mutual fund is doing millions of trades a day, they're doing it wrong.

"It also means a tilt in the playing field for those who don’t have the information or have the access to the speed or big enough to play in this game.”

If you're trying to trade as fast as the big guys...….you should stop.
How fast do you trade?
As fast as Michael Lewis?

9e5e2235997d79d4e64a7141f2d0d19d.png

A Wall Street Felon and High Frequency Traders Announce Plan to Form Stock Exchange

"Also in 2014, bestselling author Michael Lewis, a former veteran of Wall Street, released his newest book 'Flash Boys.' It thoroughly detailed how high frequency trading had rigged U.S. stock markets..."

"In an interview on 60 Minutes on March 30, 2014, Lewis called high frequency trading 'legalized front running,' where traders using high speed computers are able to get advance news on prices and what other investors are doing.

"In a saner America, the Securities and Exchange Commission would have outlawed the practice by now.

"But in today’s America, where Wall Street controls the political campaign purse of the members of Congress and the levers of the Presidential transition team that picks cabinet posts and Federal regulators, we have ended up with Wall Street’s lawyer running the SEC under both the Obama and the Trump administration."

Did you get that last part?
Wall Street lawyers ran/run the SEC under Obama and Trump.
Who do you blame, government or billionaires?

Lewis called high frequency trading 'legalized front running,' where traders using high speed computers are able to get advance news on prices and what other investors are doing.

I log into my TD Ameritrade account and enter an order to sell 200 shares of QQQ at $161.28.
How does the high speed trader see my order and what does he do with it?
How close (in feet) is your PC to the exchange?
"Like algorithmic trading, high frequency technologies are used across all three categories of market participant (buy side, sell side and market makers).

"You can see in the diagram below, that in the majority of cases, those who send their orders direct to the exchange own high frequency technology and co-locate at the exchange (hedge funds are often an exception to this)."

How%20do%20orders%20reach%20the%20exchange%20c%20v2.jpg

High Frequency Trading or High Frequency Technology | European Principal Traders Association

It's true, rich people are richer than poor people.

It sounds like it starts by saving some money and using it to buy stock.

Taking money? And you a trader on the other side of these HFT transactions? Or is it the 10% who own the 84%?

If your pension or mutual fund is doing millions of trades a day, they're doing it wrong.

If you're trying to trade as fast as the big guys...….you should stop.
How fast do you trade?
As fast as Michael Lewis?

9e5e2235997d79d4e64a7141f2d0d19d.png

"Also in 2014, bestselling author Michael Lewis, a former veteran of Wall Street, released his newest book 'Flash Boys.' It thoroughly detailed how high frequency trading had rigged U.S. stock markets..."

"In an interview on 60 Minutes on March 30, 2014, Lewis called high frequency trading 'legalized front running,' where traders using high speed computers are able to get advance news on prices and what other investors are doing.

"In a saner America, the Securities and Exchange Commission would have outlawed the practice by now.

"But in today’s America, where Wall Street controls the political campaign purse of the members of Congress and the levers of the Presidential transition team that picks cabinet posts and Federal regulators, we have ended up with Wall Street’s lawyer running the SEC under both the Obama and the Trump administration."

Did you get that last part?
Wall Street lawyers ran/run the SEC under Obama and Trump.
Who do you blame, government or billionaires?

Lewis called high frequency trading 'legalized front running,' where traders using high speed computers are able to get advance news on prices and what other investors are doing.

I log into my TD Ameritrade account and enter an order to sell 200 shares of QQQ at $161.28.
How does the high speed trader see my order and what does he do with it?
"Like algorithmic trading, high frequency technologies are used across all three categories of market participant (buy side, sell side and market makers).

"You can see in the diagram below, that in the majority of cases, those who send their orders direct to the exchange own high frequency technology and co-locate at the exchange (hedge funds are often an exception to this)."

How%20do%20orders%20reach%20the%20exchange%20c%20v2.jpg

High Frequency Trading or High Frequency Technology | European Principal Traders Association

Are they tapping the line that my trade travels over?

Forum List

Back