Wall Street adviser: Actual unemployment is 37.2%, 'misery index' worst in 40 years

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
The real pain in America

-Geaux

Wall Street adviser: Actual unemployment is 37.2%, 'misery index' worst in 40 years

Don't believe the happy talk coming out of the White House, Federal Reserve and Treasury Department when it comes to the real unemployment rate and the true “Misery Index.” Because, according to an influential Wall Street advisor, the figures are a fraud.

In a memo to clients provided to Secrets, David John Marotta calculates the actual unemployment rate of those not working at a sky-high 37.2 percent, not the 6.7 percent advertised by the Fed, and the Misery Index at over 14, not the 8 claimed by the government.

Read the rest here:

Wall Street adviser: Actual unemployment is 37.2%, 'misery index' worst in 40 years | WashingtonExaminer.com

Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

(CNSNews.com) -- A record 20% of American households, one in five, were on food stamps in 2013, according to data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).

The numbers also show there was a record number of individuals on food stamps in 2013 and that the cost of the program, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), was at an all-time high.

The USDA says that there were 23,052,388 households on food stamps in the average month of fiscal 2013, an increase of 722,675 from fiscal year 2012, when there were 22,329,713 households on food stamps in the average month.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/record-20-households-food-stamps-2013

Last edited:
Actual employment of those who do work and those willing to work is much higher than the number above.

And those of us who were adults forty years ago would rate the misery index two or three times higher in Nixon's last years.

Wall street types are known for their honesty and ability to reflect reality with their use of figures.

Wall street types are known for their honesty and ability to reflect reality with their use of figures.

of course when the numbers are in direct disagreement with what you 'feel', we get the response questioning the source

Typical

-Geaux

of course when the numbers are in direct disagreement with what you 'feel', we get the response questioning the source

Typical

-Geaux

Sorry if "a wall street adviser" seems like a less than credible source, it might have something to do with the fact that they tend to be big fat fucking liars.

Well..as ridiculous and far off as the current unemployment number is - 37% is even more ridiculous and far off.
Again, to me the underemployment problem is worse than unemployment.
Unemployment is probably more like 15% or so - which is horrendous. But add in underemployment and I would not be surprised if the two added up to 30% of the population are either not employed, or working somewhere woefully overqualified/educated for.

Well..as ridiculous and far off as the current unemployment number is - 37% is even more ridiculous and far off.
Unemployment is probably more like 15% or so - which is horrendous. But add in underemployment and I would not be surprised if the two added up to 30% of the population are either not employed, or working somewhere woefully overqualified/educated for.

If the government would report real inflation numbers, it would be clear how our standard of living is digressing. Look at the prices of food, gas etc, their rise in cost have outpaced the rise in employment compensation.

I need a higher paying job.. Need to step up my game.

-Geaux

Typical

-Geaux

CNSnews is a joke, like WND.

Why do you post it as a source if you want to be taken seriously?

Goforit doesn't want to be taken seriously. All his threads are a joke. Hence, his sources of "info" are a joke as well. Is there a "joke" forum in here?

I saw a joke written earlier; you know how that right winger mom knew her son was gay?
(ya'll can figure the punch line out)

Typical

-Geaux

CNSnews is a joke, like WND.

Why do you post it as a source if you want to be taken seriously?

Because your opinion is slightly above worthless :razz:

-Geaux

If the government would report real inflation numbers, it would be clear how our standard of living is digressing. Look at the prices of food, gas etc, their rise in cost have outpaced the rise in employment compensation.

-Geaux

You are just now figuring out that the vast bulk of Americans have a declining standard of living? After I have been saying that for a year. You are just now coming to that conclusion.

With the exception of the very wealthiest among us, we are all seeing a declining standard of living.

Is that a problem?

-Geaux

You are just now figuring out that the vast bulk of Americans have a declining standard of living? After I have been saying that for a year. You are just now coming to that conclusion.

With the exception of the very wealthiest among us, we are all seeing a declining standard of living.

Is that a problem?

Not if I got a better paying job

-Geaux

-Geaux

Is that a problem?

-Geaux

Big word "IF". If frogs had wings and all that shit. Just because you went from 8 bucks an hour to 9, does not mean you have an increasing standard of living. It does mean you won't qualify for as much government "help".

You just can't figure this shit out can you?

-Geaux

The standard of living in America has been in decline for 40 years.
It was just well hidden throughout the 80's-90's when everyone was using debt as income...spending money they didn't have. If you rack up five figures on a credit card(s) buying the latest and greatest whatever - and living in a home that you cannot afford - then the standard of living looks great!
Today we can't get the debt we use to be able to, so the real world has shown up.
And yes, the absurd way the government measures inflation is ludicrous. It doesn't pass the smell test no matter what chart someone post up.

Is that a problem?

-Geaux

Big word "IF". If frogs had wings and all that shit. Just because you went from 8 bucks an hour to 9, does not mean you have an increasing standard of living. It does mean you won't qualify for as much government "help".

Of course it does.. 9 dollars buys more gas than 8 dollars. So my standard does improve with a dollar an hour raise

"You are just now figuring out that the vast bulk of Americans have a declining standard of living?"

And the top tiers of income earners keep increasing their earnings exponentially.

Hmmmm.

-Geaux

Of course it does.. 9 dollars buys more gas than 8 dollars. So my standard does improve with a dollar an hour raise

unless it is a forced raise

as like an increase in minimum wage

then of course there is no increase in the standard of living

you remain at the bottom as everyone adjusts accordingly

-Geaux

Is that a problem?

-Geaux

It's all about you, ain't it?

And why aren't you starting a business?

Like all you conservatives recommend!

Is that a problem?

-Geaux

It's all about you, ain't it?

And why aren't you starting a business?

Like all you conservatives recommend!

Because Obama does not encourage me to do so. In other words, its cost prohibitive

-Geaux

New Topics

Forum List

Back