Walking to Iran

CurveLight

Rookie
Oct 16, 2009
There was a five year gap between the passage of the Iraq Liberation Act and the actual invasion. Undoubtedly, 9E was the Christmas present needed to justify the invasion and occupation. We are approaching the five year mark of the Iran Freedom and Support Act. It provided Bush with ten million dollars of carte blanche propaganda and laid the ground work for invading Iran similar to the ILA. Many who supported Iraq often cited the ILA as justification to a certain degree. Will they do the same with IFSA?
http://www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Freedom_and_Support_Act?wasRedirected=true

Are we so ridiculously ignorant as a Nation to sit by and let another catastrophic deception claim the lives of many innocent people? Have we learned anything from our occupations and indefensible invasions of iraq and afghanistan? There were many seeds planted by the Bush admin such as claiming Iran armed Iraqis fighting against our occupation, the naval incursions, and our favorite Fear Fudge, WMD. Let's not forget the "supporting terrorists" rhetoric. That one is especially entertaining considering our ally Saudi Arabia has always been at the forefront of supporting terrorism. Including target Israel.

My view is we have not learned anything of real value over the past decade and after the next terrorist attack on US soil the majority of Americans will retreat to the 9E womb and gladly surrender more autonomy and Constitutional rights if it means obtaining an illusion of security. Attacking Iran is not a "possibility." It is going to happen. Will you support it or denounce it?

Shit, this calls for a cost/benefit analysis....

Cons: sinks us into yet another pointless land war in the ME, in a country which by all trends seems to be heading towards a democratic revolution...spends trillions of dollars...inflames radical muslims against us...would probably bankrupt the nation even further...a waste of life and material...

Pros: Would piss off CurveLight...

Too close to call.

I will denounce it on the public transport but support it when I am drunk and ranting in parks.

You are not allowed to drink on public transport in Australia!

Sadly we have abandoned or great convict cultural heritage.

All right, I will give a serious answer.

I don’t think the US ever seriously contemplated a land invasion of Iran, ever. It is an entirely differently ball game than Iraq. They just did not remove the threat as a stick in the negotiations.

What has been contemplated are air strikes against the nuclear facilities and possibly Republican Guard infrastructure, perhaps even naval facilities to prevent the Iranians from trying to block the Persian Gulf.

I support air strikes against the nuclear facilities but think it is perhaps too late now, we have waited too long and they probably have diversified the nuclear program to the point where we can’t take the entire thing out.

So now we are going to be stuck with an Iran that sooner or latter is going to have nuclear weapons.

The Sunni Gulf states are going to be as terrified of this as Israel and they too will respond in kind.

Great a nuclear arms race in the world’s most butt fucked region!

That is my two cents.

Go buy some bubble gum.

Last edited:
There was a five year gap between the passage of the Iraq Liberation Act and the actual invasion. Undoubtedly, 9E was the Christmas present needed to justify the invasion and occupation. We are approaching the five year mark of the Iran Freedom and Support Act. It provided Bush with ten million dollars of carte blanche propaganda and laid the ground work for invading Iran similar to the ILA. Many who supported Iraq often cited the ILA as justification to a certain degree. Will they do the same with IFSA?
http://www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Freedom_and_Support_Act?wasRedirected=true

Are we so ridiculously ignorant as a Nation to sit by and let another catastrophic deception claim the lives of many innocent people? Have we learned anything from our occupations and indefensible invasions of iraq and afghanistan? There were many seeds planted by the Bush admin such as claiming Iran armed Iraqis fighting against our occupation, the naval incursions, and our favorite Fear Fudge, WMD. Let's not forget the "supporting terrorists" rhetoric. That one is especially entertaining considering our ally Saudi Arabia has always been at the forefront of supporting terrorism. Including target Israel.

My view is we have not learned anything of real value over the past decade and after the next terrorist attack on US soil the majority of Americans will retreat to the 9E womb and gladly surrender more autonomy and Constitutional rights if it means obtaining an illusion of security. Attacking Iran is not a "possibility." It is going to happen. Will you support it or denounce it?

Dude! I didnt even know he was still here !!!

Did I miss something? Is this 2005?

There might be a strike against Iran's nuclear program, but you don't know much if you think there is a full-blown invasion and occupation of Iran on the way.

Cons: sinks us into yet another pointless land war in the ME, in a country which by all trends seems to be heading towards a democratic revolution...spends trillions of dollars...inflames radical muslims against us...would probably bankrupt the nation even further...a waste of life and material...

Too close to call.

Then by all means, saddle up the horses and point them towards Iran!

We should start with some air strikes, televised of course. Followed by a massive land invasion.

Thanks for helping make up our minds curvey, your a mensch!

Did I miss something? Is this 2005?

There might be a strike against Iran's nuclear program, but you don't know much if you think there is a full-blown invasion and occupation of Iran on the way.

Never mind. You people are fuxxing idiots who don't know how to read a super simple op. Where does it say anything about a full blown invasion and occupation? We don't have nearly enough troops to handle iran with the same logistics used on iraq and afghanistan. The op simply predicts we will attack iran and we have moved from simple planning to staging the logistical backdrops needed in iraq and afghanistan.

Too close to call.

We should start with some air strikes, televised of course. Followed by a massive land invasion.

It's easy to control dummasses like you and radioasswipe. You guys are predictable, not too bright, and completely lack any semblance of honesty.

Too close to call.

It's easy to control dummasses like you and radioasswipe. You guys are predictable, not too bright, and completely lack any semblance of honesty.

Dude! I didnt even know he was still here !!!

Too close to call.

Dance curvey....dance!!

marionette_v.jpg

Forum List

Back