Wal Mart workers threaten walkout on Black Friday

Walmart Workers Threaten Black Friday Action - ABC News

I would love that! I have been to wal mart on Black Friday its a damn mad house....Wal Mart does treat its workers like shit my wife has worked there twice only good thing about it is you can transfer to different stores.

Guess what will happen. They'll be fired and replaced as easily as snapping your fingers. And then they will end up on the unemployemnet rolls. Some one from the big labor unions got to them but they will pay the price. Seen it happen here in my hometown. The unions got to school bus drivers with promises of pie in the sky. They voted the union in but not before the company lowered the rate for all new drivers. Fast forward exactly one year later. Those same workers threw the union out. All the union wants is the dues.

Last edited:
I find deals just as good on the internet. I can't stand the freakshow that is Walmart.

Heinous, overweight rednecks in stretchy pants with Romney stickers and Bible thumping slogans plastered all over their minivans.
Ghetto ignorance on full display from Barack voters; cutting people and buying giant TV's for their section 8 provided housing.

The worst of this country will be in attendance representing both parties, clogging up aisles and making my shopping experience a living hell.

STAY AWAY.

• Banned
Overall wal mart pays low wages,keeps you under 40 hours so as not to give you benefits and any hint of dissent is immediately suppressed...maybe union is not the answer but something needs to be done.

I would love that! I have been to wal mart on Black Friday its a damn mad house....Wal Mart does treat its workers like shit my wife has worked there twice only good thing about it is you can transfer to different stores.

Walmart will never do unions. Let them walk out they will still have enough people there to take care and hire a bunch of people the next day. In this economy is not the time to picket .. Just saying

Overall wal mart pays low wages,keeps you under 40 hours so as not to give you benefits and any hint of dissent is immediately suppressed...maybe union is not the answer but something needs to be done.

LOL

Typical hypocrisy. He supports anarchy but wants big gubmint to intervene and protect him when it comes to his personal benefit.

They do it in all industries including hospitals. Welcome to the "New Economy".

Guess what will happen. They'll be fired and replaced as easily as snapping your fingers. And then they will end up on the unemployemnet rolls. Some one from the big labor unions got to them but they will pay the price. Seen it happen here in my hometown. The unions got to school bus drivers with promises of pie in the sky. They voted the union in but not before the company lowered the rate for all new drivers. Fast forward exactly one year later. Those same workers threw the union out. All the union wants is the dues.

Of course big labor did , you didnt see the lady with the purple shirt and large yellow writing SEIU on it.. unions suck period.. They are hurting for people again so they are back at walmart.

i do most of my shopping on line....but you can find real savings at walmart if you dont care that in the long run walmart has put thousands out of jobs and changed the small town forever....walmart destroyed main street...

try to buy american this holiday....i know its hard but try

i do most of my shopping on line....but you can find real savings at walmart if you dont care that in the long run walmart has put thousands out of jobs and changed the small town forever....walmart destroyed main street...

LOL

Where do you suppose most of that online merchandise people purchase is manufactured?

Do you realize that it is so cheap because they are cutting out more American workers than Walmart does?

Which holiday?

Anyone who buys into the black Friday mob mentality simply to buy a stupid toy deserves to be trampled to death.

Sane people stay away from stores and buy their shit on line

Manager neighbor works more hours than I do Tire Ted works 40 and he and his wife (who works as a teacher) pay their mortgage in our townhouse section in this nice neighborhood...

McDonalds pays low, Sears pays low, ALL KINDS OF FOOD SERVICE AND RETAIL PAY LOW

Not in a free country it does not...

Dissent at most any company is suppressed.. even the GOVERNMENT

idiot

Wal Mart will have no trouble hiring other workers. They just need to begin the identification of those intending to walk out, fire them, the rest will get the message.

Walmart will never do unions. Let them walk out they will still have enough people there to take care and hire a bunch of people the next day. In this economy is not the time to picket .. Just saying

Most people are honest and hard-working and know their limitations, based on education, personality, self-respect and realization of reality.

Then, there are those who want a union speak for them, because they know fully well that they don't qualify for more on their own merit.

Unions are the reason of outsourcing, poor quality products and class warfare.

No one is forcing people to work at Walmart. If people don't like the pay, the hours or the benefits they can find another job.

Anyone who buys into the black Friday mob mentality simply to buy a stupid toy deserves to be trampled to death.

Sane people stay away from stores and buy their shit on line

I don't know about the death part but Black Friday is for morons. With a little patience one can do better on line and avoid the hassle.

Then once all your shopping is done early...you can go to the mall and enjoy the atmosphere of Christmas while the imbeciles stomp each other and run around like chickens without heads.

Wal Mart will have no trouble hiring other workers. They just need to begin the identification of those intending to walk out, fire them, the rest will get the message.

Are you a manager somewhere? Firing them preemptively would entitle them to unemployment. Only a moron would do this.

Wait until they they do something that constitutes as job abandonment, which is firable in nearly every retail chain and then can them.

Unemployment costs employers big money every year. I wouldn't want you at the top making decisions if I were a shareholder.

Forum List

Back