Wal-Mart to open 400 in-store clinics

red states rule

May 30, 2006
This will put a sneer on the face of Wal Mart haters everywhere

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc. said on Tuesday that it will contract with local hospitals and other organizations to open as many as 400 in-store health clinics in the next two to three years.

Should current market forces continue, the world's largest retailer said up to 2,000 clinics could be in Wal-Mart stores over the next five to seven years.

Wal-Mart said the effort marks an expansion of a pilot program it started in 2005, when it leased space within its stores to medical clinics. Currently, it said 76 clinics are operating inside Wal-Mart stores in 12 states.

It has said the clinics are expected to boost the health of its shoppers and should also help sales by drawing consumers into its stores.

http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...RUKOC_0_US-WALMART-CLINICS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc. said on Tuesday that it will contract with local hospitals and other organizations to open as many as 400 in-store health clinics in the next two to three years.

Should current market forces continue, the world's largest retailer said up to 2,000 clinics could be in Wal-Mart stores over the next five to seven years.

Wal-Mart said the effort marks an expansion of a pilot program it started in 2005, when it leased space within its stores to medical clinics. Currently, it said 76 clinics are operating inside Wal-Mart stores in 12 states.

It has said the clinics are expected to boost the health of its shoppers and should also help sales by drawing consumers into its stores.

http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...RUKOC_0_US-WALMART-CLINICS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

Why not take a tour of all the Wal-Marts in the world. You could take.........draw pictures with crayons, and write a book and become rich and famous and buy a double wide.

As I said, the Wal Mart haters were not going to like this news

Thanks for proving me right again Paul

As I said, the Wal Mart haters were not going to like this news

Thanks for proving me right again Paul

All I said is why not take a tour. You would enjoy it, write a book, make some money, go on the talk show circuit, by a bigger trailer. What's wrong with that?

ScenicOverlook.gif

dissent and hate are two different things. :eusa_think:

I see some say, america is bad, the worst thing ever, america is too blame for everything bad in the world, and then some say, america is perfect :eusa_think: , but has made a lot of progress, however, i disagree with one of her decisions at the moment.

since when is any country perfect. :confused:

Paul has a severe mental disorder called liberalism. He goes thru live pissed off at the world because nobody will pay attention to his insane kook conspiracy theories

If the WalMart medical clinics are half as efficient as their previous optometric clinics maybe they will be enough to get the optometrists back.

Paul has a severe mental disorder called liberalism. He goes thru live pissed off at the world because nobody will pay attention to his insane kook conspiracy theories

WalMart, Medical/Visual quality and cheapening of American lives just doesn't coagulate.

If the WalMart medical clinics are half as efficient as their previous optometric clinics maybe they will be enough to get the optometrists back.

WalMart, Medical/Visual quality and cheapening of American lives just doesn't coagulate.

Wal mart has done more for working families then any government program

Also, they stand up to unions - and that is the real reason why libs attack Wal Mart

I suppose you can provide proof of that, rsr.

I'm waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wal Mart provides one stop shopping for waht familes need at a low cost

Most of the anti Wal Mart attacks are backed by union money

It is common knowledge

Walmart does provide low prices to its customers. But, it treats its workers like shit. I had a friend who used to work there. Also, I cant imagine how they over work and abuse their workers all over the world. To be fair, I doubt any american company gives a rat's ass about its foreign workers. Wal-mart also gets all its products from china, and they are not the only one who does, but personally, i do not like monopolies. Oh, back on point, If the in store clinics lower health care costs, how can i be against it ?

I guess im a conservative who hates walmart lol :p, unless you can show me why im wrong rsr. Im open to listening, we're best buds.

I won't pussyfoot around about it.

Walmart does provide low prices to its customers. But, it treats its workers like shit. I had a friend who used to work there. Also, I cant imagine how they over work and abuse their workers all over the world. To be fair, I doubt any american company gives a rat's ass about its foreign workers. Wal-mart also gets all its products from china, and they are not the only one who does, but personally, i do not like monopolies. Oh, back on point, If the in store clinics lower health care costs, how can i be against it ?

I guess im a conservative who hates walmart lol :p, unless you can show me why im wrong rsr. Im open to listening, we're best buds.

Walmart abuses it's employees, it's localities and the principles upon which this country was built. To admit otherwise is to admit that Americans aren't worth the value of the salt in their bodies.

my understanding, and i could be wrong was originally, when walmart started in 1961, it was helpful for rural people, but i just cant condone any company that is a monopoly, and this one seems to be a ruthless monopoly. I think more americans, need to take a closer look at how american companies operate in the u.s. and abroad. Why?. Because I and i hope most americans, dont want any u.s. company doing business with evil people like ... in my opinion iran, saudi arabia, etc etc.

your thoughts?

Your superficial estimate of "helpful" is the epitome of the original sin.

my understanding, and i could be wrong was originally, when walmart started in 1961, it was helpful for rural people, but i just cant condone any company that is a monopoly, and this one seems to be a ruthless monopoly. I think more americans, need to take a closer look at how american companies operate in the u.s. and abroad. Why?. Because I and i hope most americans, dont want any u.s. company doing business with evil people like ... in my opinion iran, saudi arabia, etc etc.

your thoughts?

Care to extrapolate?

Im honestly a walmart hater.

I appreciate your honesty, but i have no idea what you think im being dishonest about. I was merely trying to explain myself lol

walmart sucks, :)

I wil reluctantly accept that.

Im honestly a walmart hater.

I appreciate your honesty, but i have no idea what you think im being dishonest about. I was merely trying to explain myself lol

walmart sucks, :)

Do you think WalMart workers have a right and even a responsibility to communicate, organize and expect a fair wage/benefit/retirement program in the same fashion as the WalMart executives enjoy?

I wil reluctantly accept that.

Do you think WalMart workers have a right and even a responsibility to communicate, organize and expect a fair wage/benefit/retirement program in the same fashion as the WalMart executives enjoy?

Yes I do, and I cannot understand how any american believes that any ceo should have 100 million dollars plus retirement when wages for the rest of us are stagnant. Infact, i support legislation to let shareholders cap the ceo's earnings. Im not a big government guy, but when the private sector commits a crime, or acts irresponsibly, against the welfare of everyone, someone must firmly hold them accountable.

Personally, i just want health care costs to go down, and more americans, NO illegals, get health care.

Forum List

Back