Wal-Mart Helps the Poor More Than Any Politician

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Wal-Mart, constantly attacked Democrats and union thugs, are trying to open stores in cities that need an economic boost. Add to that, its low prices and plenty of jobs offer. Wal Mart does more for low-income areas than any politician, or welfare handout could ever do

Also, remember other than the government, Wal-Mart is the largest employer in the United States. It has driven down food inflation by more than one percentage point. As for unions, look at the disaster they created for the automakers, and unions will destroy Wal-Mart. Free enterprise and capitalism will always be better than the government.

Union thugs? SO the workers who uinionized in Quebec, and then suddenly the walmart closed (as a result?) are thugs? Explain.

The auto makers are in trouble because of unions...hmmm... not because they are losing market share to imports, who have better mileage and style...

Union thugs? SO the workers who uinionized in Quebec, and then suddenly the walmart closed (as a result?) are thugs? Explain.

The auto makers are in trouble because of unions...hmmm... not because they are losing market share to imports, who have better mileage and style...

Wasn't the point to get Walmart out? What was the expected outcome?

Union thugs march in, make insane demands which drive up costs, and thus prices. I would have done the same thing as Wal Mart did. Close the store and let the union thugs stand on the outside looking in

The Big Three gavce into the demands of the thugs and now they are paying the price

The ONLY reason the union thugs want Wal Mart is so they can rip off the workers pay thru dues

Dems want the political donations from the union thugs.

Meanwhile, Wal Mart does MORE for the "poor" and working class then any politican or welfare handout could ever do

wal mart drives out the small buisnesses and treats their workers horribly. They are given little if no benefits, paid poorly, and the workers have to be available on a day's notice, thus making the worker's life dependent on Wal Mart. They are a disgusting company that only gives a bad name for Capitalism.

wal mart drives out the small buisnesses and treats their workers horribly. They are given little if no benefits, payed poorly, and the workers have to be available on a day's notice, thus making the worker's life dependent on Wal Mart. They are a disgusting company that only gives a bad name for Capitalism.

So it's good that they closed the Canadian store. It would have been good if they pulled out of Chicago, if climate hadn't changed?

Those poor people just don't get what's good for them, right?

Wasn't the point to get Walmart out? What was the expected outcome?

I expect the point was to unionize - not drive out there employer. Perhaps the expected outcome was Walmart accepting the decision of the workforce and bargaining with them on issues, like wages, etc.
McDonald's will just close shop and re-open nearby I heard... clever.

Union thugs march in, make insane demands which drive up costs, and thus prices. I would have done the same thing as Wal Mart did. Close the store and let the union thugs stand on the outside looking in

The Big Three gavce into the demands of the thugs and now they are paying the price

The ONLY reason the union thugs want Wal Mart is so they can rip off the workers pay thru dues

Dems want the political donations from the union thugs.

Meanwhile, Wal Mart does MORE for the "poor" and working class then any politican or welfare handout could ever do

How did you learn the true mind of the 'thug'?

Pick up a paper - unions are caving in to many demands these days... or is that just another 'thug' tactic?

What an awesome tradeoff! You get lower prices. The employees get substandard wages, limited or no health care, poor working conditions and no method of addressing any of these issues.

What an awesome tradeoff! You get lower prices. The employees get substandard wages, limited or no health care, poor working conditions and no method of addressing any of these issues.

At least they don't physically have to make the toys... below their pay grade.

How did you learn the true mind of the 'thug'?

Pick up a paper - unions are caving in to many demands these days... or is that just another 'thug' tactic?

Yes, thugs are running the unions. Now the Dems are pushing a bill where workers no longer vote via secret ballot if they want to form a union. Workers have to fill out a card with their name on it. I can see how the thugs would respond to anyone who votes "no"

The thugs are getting desperate. Union workers are down in the single digits and they will do anything to force wokers to join

Democrats Seek To End Secret Union Ballots
By JOSH GERSTEIN
Staff Reporter of the Sun
February 8, 2007

Congressional Democrats and labor unions are moving forward with legislation to replace secret-ballot votes on unionization with a petition-based system, despite misgivings from some labor leaders that the measure has virtually no chance of becoming law while President Bush is in office.

This morning, a House subcommittee is scheduled to hold this Congress's first hearing on the Employee Free Choice Act. The bill would require employers to recognize unions formed by a method known as "card check," which involves gathering a majority of employee signatures. Under the proposed law, traditional balloting on unionization would still be possible, but it is likely to vanish as union organizers opt for the card check approach.

The director of the labor extension program at Rutgers University, Adrienne Eaton, said current labor laws favor employers and the new legislation would help reverse those advantages.

"It wouldn't cure them all, of course, but it would certainly make organizing substantially easier," she said. "The current system allows employers to mount coercive campaigns against unionization."

As part of their 2006 platform, Democrats promised quick action on the legislation. However, Republicans contend that the title of the bill is Orwellian because the measure would make workers subject to intimidation by union organizers who would know whether an individual worker signed the petition or refused to do so.

http://www.nysun.com/article/48268?page_no=1

Pure crap. Wal Mart has good benefits. They pay well above the minimum wage and the workers have benefits

The problem libs have with Wal Mart is they want the union thugs to take over, so the Dems will get more political donations. (via money stolen out of the workers paycheck through union dues)

I expect the point was to unionize - not drive out there employer. Perhaps the expected outcome was Walmart accepting the decision of the workforce and bargaining with them on issues, like wages, etc.
McDonald's will just close shop and re-open nearby I heard... clever.

Yeah, that is what successful businesses do. I take it you're not too keen on property rights? Does Canada force people to work certain jobs, or is your employment your decision?

To libs the sole reason to be in business is not to make a profit - but to pay the maximum amount in taxes to fund programs for "the common good" and allow unions to take as much money as the can from the business and the workers to fund their political campaigns so Dems can "get their message out"

Wal-Mart's Vision for America vs. Our Vision for America
What is the "Wake-Up Wal-Mart" campaign all about?

Well, there are two visions for America: Wal-Mart's America, where profits come before people, and our vision, where people come first.

* In Wal-Mart's America, workers are paid poverty level wages even when they work full-time.
* In our America, workers are paid a living wage with proper health and retirement benefits.
* In Wal-Mart's America, wealthy companies shift their health care costs onto taxpayers like you and your families.
* In our America, corporations live up to their responsibility and provide their employees with adequate and affordable health care coverage.
* In Wal-Mart's America, suppliers are forced to make their goods cheaper even if it means shipping U.S. jobs overseas.
* In our America, we value U.S. jobs and companies that buy and sell "Made in America."
* In Wal-Mart's America, women are paid less than men.
* In our America, women and men are treated equally - fair pay for everyone.

Also, in Wal Mart they actually tell their employees how to work the government aid systems in this country. They have classes, telling them how much they have to earn to be qualified!

Wal Mart is adding more pressure on the Government aid system in this country even though Wal Mart could easily afford it.

Also, in Wal Mart they actually tell their employees how to work the government aid systems in this country. They have classes, telling them how much they have to earn to be qualified!

Wal Mart is adding more pressure on the Government aid system in this country even though Wal Mart could easily afford it.

With all the different watch groups, that constantly hound Wal-Mart, don't see how your assertion could be true.

Got any links showing Wal-Mart "working the system"?

Yeah, that is what successful businesses do. I take it you're not too keen on property rights? Does Canada force people to work certain jobs, or is your employment your decision?

I was responding to your assertion that Walmart closing was the expected outcome.

Successfful businesses close up and re-open if their workers unionize? What percentage? (oops, forget I asked...homework, etc!)

So, now we're on my personal feelings about property rights(?).
Okay, sure I'd like to own property someday. I guess I am for that...

Does Canada force people to work certain jobs? Not specifically, but in a way... look at immigrants they are forced to have certain 'types' of jobs when they first get here, I worked in a video store for a Korean VP of an investment firm... who was forced to have a certain type of job when he came here... but those born here, can do anything they want....

Forum List

Back