Waiting for someone to link to a single incident

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
We have thread after thread condemning Arizona and making charges that they are profiling and rounding up Hispanics.

Could anyone of the people making those claims provide a link to any such activity that has actually happened SINCE the signing of the new law.

Or am I correct in my knowledge you are all whining about something that simply has NOT happened?

Given its very high percentage of Hispanic and Native Americans among it population plus a sizable bunch of Asians and other, many of whom are racially ambiguous, I can't imagine racial profiling and rounding up of Hispanics being less likely in any state than it is in Arizona.

We have thread after thread condemning Arizona and making charges that they are profiling and rounding up Hispanics.

Could anyone of the people making those claims provide a link to any such activity that has actually happened SINCE the signing of the new law.

Or am I correct in my knowledge you are all whining about something that simply has NOT happened?

The law hasn't gone into effect yet. It will go into effect on July 28.

Apparently, with the OP, one must state the obvious.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj9yHM4Bzq0&feature=related]YouTube - Lessons on becoming like US[/ame]

Wait? You mean all those threads where the left is claiming racial profiling, harassment, illegal actions by the police, ect ect.... are simply NOT TRUE? Who would have thunk that after all.

Don't hold your breath as this will NOT happen - unless someone is planted just to sue. And that is very likely as they see dollar signs. Just playing devil's advocate here.

Don't hold your breath as this will NOT happen - unless someone is planted just to sue. And that is very likely as they see dollar signs. Just playing devil's advocate here.

Actually I think it will happen. It does now and has been happening long before the Arizona law was passed.

And when it does, like now, it will be a rare, uncommon incident, sometimes inadvertent, sometimes intentional. It will be done by some ill trained or simply mean spirited law enforcement person who will be properly reprimanded.

But when it happens now, it will be emblazoned across headlines and lead evening telecasts proclaiming the Arizona law as ushering in a new era of Gestapo tactics and license for viscious racism.

And the thousands and thousands of incidents in which the law worked as intended and infringed on nobody's rights will count for nothing.

Good point - and yes I do know that it has been happening since time immemorial and will continue to happen as long as we have people who are mean spirited and also those who break the law. But - I really believe that it is an exception more than the rule.

Wait? You mean all those threads where the left is claiming racial profiling, harassment, illegal actions by the police, ect ect.... are simply NOT TRUE? Who would have thunk that after all.

You said "SINCE the signing of the new law." (Emphasis in original.)

I know of no racial profiling incidents that have occurred in the 10 days since the bill was signed.

If you want references to cases of racial profiling in Arizona before SB1070, there are many. The first one that jumps to my mind is the infamous Chandler Roundup.

If you want references to cases of racial profiling resulting from SB1070, you'll have to wait until the law goes into effect.

Last edited:

the law isn't in effect yet. i also think they've already amended some of the more abusive parts of the law.

Forum List

Back