Waiting For Godot???

BTW.....there are lots of evolutionary theories.

I criticize the one government schooling claims is proven....Darwin's theory.
Are there any evolutionary theories that don't accept descent from a common ancestor?

My gov't school accepted descent from a common ancestor and I'd wager every ivy does too.

To have progressed from a common ancestor, there must be multiple examples of one species becoming an entirely new species.

Why didn't you point out to your 'government school teacher' that same has never been demonstrated?
But there are plenty of examples, which scientific discipline do you want to be embarrassed by?

What did your ivy say when you pointed out to your teacher that descent from a common ancestor has never been demonstrated?

A lot of yammering.
Still no proof.

Do your homework and maybe you won't sound so ignorant:
Scientific theory
There is no reason to be rude. ... :eusa_naughty:

You really should read your link before you post it to back your claim.
I quote:
"...facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. "

Thank you for making my case. ... :thup:

It's taught to students as though it is proven.
That's the problem.

While the science establishment continues to stone-wall the public, "There are no weaknesses in the theory of evolution." This was the testimony of Eugenie Scott to the Texas State Board of Education in January when the Board was debating new state science curriculum standards. Dr. Scott is Executive Director of the National Center for Science Education (NCSE), ..." Stutz, T. Texas education board debates teaching of evolution. Dallas Morning News, January 21, 2009....

a. Dr. Stephen C. Meyer produced a binder of one hundred peer-reviewed scientific articles in which biologists described significant problems with the theory.
Meyer, "Darwin's Doubt."

b. The attempt to prevent students from hearing of the problems with evolutionary theory is exactly the kind of indoctrination that critics of the Left have been railing about.

It is a FACT that evolution occurred, there is no disputing it.
How, why and when it occurs is up for discussion ....
the fact that it does, is not
Evolution is in the same quack category of Obama's "settled science". ... :lol: :lol:

Unless you are a religious zealot or a victim of Home Skool, Evolution is an unquestionable FACT

184 years and counting!!!

On this date, October 2nd, 1836, Charles Darwin returned to England.
View attachment 396020
"Charles Darwin's return to England
Naturalist Charles Darwin returned to England this day in 1836 after a five-year journey on the HMS Beagle, on which he gathered the specimens and observations that led to his theory of evolution by natural selection."
Britannica.com

As of this moment.....with more scientists feverishly at work than in all of history, not a single example of one species becoming another has been found.

"And let us dispose of a common misconception. The complete transmutation of even one animal species into a different species has never been directly observed either in the laboratory or in the field." Dean H. Kenyon (Professor of Biology, San Francisco State University), affidavit presented to the U.S. Supreme Court, No. 85-1513, Brief of Appellants, prepared under the direction of William J. Guste, Jr., Attorney General of the State of Louisiana, October 1985, p. A-16.

The only question that remains is which will occur first......
.....whether Darwinism will be proven via the Scientific Method,.....

....or Hillary Clinton will clamber over the burgeoning mountain of empty cheap wine bottles in her Chappaqua Mansion, and take the oath as President.

View attachment 396026

It’s always a hoot when the ID’iot creationists cut and paste “ quotes” from ID’iot creationer / Disco’tute loons.

Dean H. Kenyon is professor emeritus of Biology at San Francisco State University, and one of the grand old men of the modern form of creationism known as Intelligent Design. Kenyon is, for instance, the author of the infamous Of Pandas and People (with Percival Davis), the textbook that laid the foundation for the Kitzmiller v. Dover trial (after being quickly turned from a creationist book into an Intelligent Design book, which was possible since the views are the same). And yes, there is a pattern here – Kenyon, as most proponents of ID, are concerned with getting creationism into schools, writing textbooks, popular books (especially for children), and participating in debates. The ID movement isn’t, and has never been, about doing science. It should be mentioned that Kenyon still subscribes to young earth creationism.

Kenyon first started promoting creationism (the young earth variant) in the 1980s, calling it “scientific creationism” and trying to teach it in his classes at San Francisco State. That didn’t go down particularly well with his more scientifically minded colleagues. The fact that they determined that creationism couldn’t be taught as science didn’t exactly change Kenyon’s mind, so he continued teaching it in other courses, leading to some major controversies at the university (where Kenyon claimed that “objections to his teaching rested on a positivist view of what constitutes legitimate science,” which is just a weasel phrase for “I should be allowed to teach my intuitions and convictions as being scientific regardless of whether they are backed up by evidence”). In the 1980s he became infamous for his involvement in the standard-setting McLean v. Arkansas and Edwards v. Aguillard courtcases. In fact, Kenyon pulled out right before he was expected to testify in the first case. In the latter, Kenyon supplied an affidavit which ended up constituting the main part of the defense.

In the 1990s Kenyon became affiliated with the Discovery Institute. He is currently board member for the Kolbe Center, a Catholic YEC group.

Diagnosis: A grand old man of the wingnut fight against reality when reality don’t align with their wishful thinking. Has made major impacts and must still be considered dangerous.

A lot of yammering.
Still no proof.
And you remain a Monster LIAR/Liar for Jesus.
And everyone note she can't answer MY POSTS . (ie #22 or 4 more. Tho she will have to wing it now)

As I've said 100 times here...
Science doesn't deal in "Proof", only math does.
Science deals in theories affirmed over time.
Evolution has stood the test of time - 160 years- and a burst of New sciences. (and 100,000 fossils found only in the correct strata.)
All relevant ones help confirm it, (DNA, Isotopic dating, etc) and NONE Contradict it.
Evolution has Overwhelming EVIDENCE.

You cannot debate ME.
You an only try and MISLEAD/proselytize here.

`

Last edited:
Scientific theory

I quote:
"...facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. "

It's taught to students as though it is proven.
That's the problem.

While the science establishment continues to stone-wall the public, "There are no weaknesses in the theory of evolution." This was the testimony of Eugenie Scott to the Texas State Board of Education in January when the Board was debating new state science curriculum standards. Dr. Scott is Executive Director of the National Center for Science Education (NCSE), ..." Stutz, T. Texas education board debates teaching of evolution. Dallas Morning News, January 21, 2009....

a. Dr. Stephen C. Meyer produced a binder of one hundred peer-reviewed scientific articles in which biologists described significant problems with the theory.
Meyer, "Darwin's Doubt."

b. The attempt to prevent students from hearing of the problems with evolutionary theory is exactly the kind of indoctrination that critics of the Left have been railing about.

Instead of dumping meaningless “quotes” from paper shuffling Disco’tute loons like Meyer, home skoolurs such as yourself might want to acquaint yourself with teaching / research universities who do actual research and publish in peer reviewed journals. Charlatans at fundie ID’iot creation ministries will find an audience such as yourself but why choose to be an accomplice to fear and ignorance?

Organisms are evolving and changing every day, creating, molding, and even deleting genetic diversity. Meanwhile, next-generation sequencing is reinventing evolutionary biology and our ability to track and probe evolutionary processes. Our researchers use cutting-edge tools to understand evolutionary processes within whole genomes that lead to differences in organismal function. We also use evolutionary differences to detect species in nature and predict their responses to environmental change. We study the evolution in many organisms, mostly in wild populations, including human diseases and their hosts.

“Change in population over time”.

We call that biological evolution.

There is overwhelming evidence through fossils, geology, biology and DNA that evolution is a FACT
Evidence does not equal Fact. ... :cool:

In this case....YES

It is a FACT that evolution occurred, there is no disputing it.

How, why and when it occurs is up for discussion ....
the fact that it does, is not
Pretty good summation. And where I sit.
I don't care enough about it to educate myself deep into the specifics of this theory or that theory.
Like I say, I had several undeniable experiences in supernatural that clearly stated there is something outside of the physical plane.
So math and empirical data doesn't explain everything.

Scientific theory

I quote:

There is no reason to be a lying, anti-Semite but you are anyway.

There is no reason to be a lying, anti-Semite but you are anyway.
Why the personal attack?? ... :dunno:
Just take your defeat by me like a man, and accept it. ... :cool:
Next, you'll be tellin' him to stop wearing high heeled pumps!!!
I alway say you judge a person by the company they keep. I knew you were never encumbered by historical truth PoliticalChic, but I never took you for an anti-Semite. Are you one? If not you should have no trouble distancing yourself from Sunni Man and his "Lets stop with the Auschwitz lies". Or are you going to pull a "Trump" and attack antifa or the Dems while not condemning real fascism?

Forum List

Back