Wait, there’s more……..Ron Popeil dies at 86

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Ron Popeil, TV pitchman for decades has passed away

Brought us the infomercial and such products as the Popeil Pocket Fisherman, Spray on hair, Mr Microphone, the Bedazzler, Ronco Rotisserie Grill and many more

1627592295473.jpeg

His products were so bad, there should have been a new branch in government devoted only to regulating and inspecting his cheesy gadgets that almost never did what they said they did.
Can you imagine the shear environmental footprint of this guy??
How many millions of tons of plastic that will sit in landfills till the sun expands and kills us all?

His products were so bad, there should have been a new branch in government devoted only to regulating and inspecting his cheesy gadgets that almost never did what they said they did.
Can you imagine the shear environmental footprint of this guy??
How many millions of tons of plastic that will sit in landfills till the sun expands and kills us all?
I had a pocket fisherman as a kid. It worked fine.

I had a pocket fisherman as a kid. It worked fine.
Those little things are probably the only thing that man "invented" that held up.
A working, fully equipped mint condition will sell for $100 or more.

Then there is the millions upon millions of plastic chopper/spinners/scissors that broke in the first week.
The guy was brilliant at inventing problems that didn't exist, and then solving the non problem with flare.
The Ronco chop-o-matic was a great example.
If yuo have a good knife, not even a great knife... but a good one. It takes maybe 20 seconds to dice one up. Including the time to remove the outer skin. I can probably chop 3 onions in the time it takes to chop the little already cut up pieces in those commercials.
In the infomercials, you would have thought chopping an onion took half a day with the hilarious bungling actors that appeared to nearly pass out from exhaustion from merely attempting to chop an onion.
He was a good source of comedy that is for sure.

Lucky. My Dad wouldn't let me get one.
My grandfather got it for me. Apparently the VA used to buy mass quantities of stuff like that and distribute it to veterans for next to nothing. Xmas gifts from him were always things like bottle cutters and wood burning kits he bought for pocket change.

Forum List

Back