Wait....Let Me Wipe Away These Tears....

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The Mets......they're killing me!!!

"The Mets made four free-agent signings over the past week, the first being a reported four-year deal for Starling Marte, someone the Yankees could have used. And then the big one for Max Scherzer on Monday, the deal that rocked everybody’s world as owner Steve Cohen reportedly laid out $130 million over the next three years.

The Yankees still have needs they have to address if they don’t want to finish fourth in the East next season.

1. They need another tough out in the batting order, and one who can catch the ball in the field -- infield or outfield. It’s why I keep thinking Chris Taylor would be a great fit with them.

2. They need a legitimate No. 2 starter behind Cole, because they’re kidding themselves if they think they have one right now.

3. They need a better receiver behind the plate than Gary Sánchez, no matter how many home runs he’s capable of hitting, and somebody who can at least give them a batting average not near the Mendoza Line.
Sánchez an unlikely non-tender for Yanks

4. And, yeah, they still need a shortstop. Maybe in the end they’ll still spend the kind of money on Correa that the Rangers did on Seager, and make their big splash after all, and make a Yankees play out of the past. But they spent $300 million on Cole to be a difference-maker. Do they honestly believe that they need to spend that kind of money on a shortstop, with a decision to be made on a long-term deal for Aaron Judge, who happens to be the face of the franchise and a free agent next winter?

It's quiet out there for the Yankees right now. Too quiet. Other teams spending all the money, and making all the noise. Mets making the headlines. What’s wrong with this picture?"

Forum List

Back