Waffles

I'm not interested in looking for a deal.
Just like i'm not looking for a used vehicle.
I always buy new.
Oh it won't be a "deal" but it will make exactly what you want and have the watts needed to make a bunch of them back to back.

Shoulda tried a used restaurant equipment supply distributor...they probably would have one of what you are looking for.
My chef friend found an old benchtop Hobart mixer at one of those places that sells used things for $5. It didn't run. All it needed was taken home and cleaned, it was literally stuck solid with old, hard, dried grease and stuff. Once freed up and cleaned and lubricated it worked like new again. To buy a mixer like that new would probably be easily an $800 mixer. Made a KitchenAide look like a cheap toy.

My chef friend found an old benchtop Hobart mixer at one of those places that sells used things for $5. It didn't run. All it needed was taken home and cleaned, it was literally stuck solid with old, hard, dried grease and stuff. Once freed up and cleaned and lubricated it worked like new again. To buy a mixer like that new would probably be easily an $800 mixer. Made a KitchenAide look like a cheap toy.
I wouldn't mind having one of those...
I use a 2gallon KitchenAid 5hp DC motor now....my old 5qt just wasn't cutting it. I have the largest KitchenAid mixer they make. The next size up is a Hobart.

But a 5gal Hobart would be the bomb...

I make over a thousand cookies and a thousand pieces of candy every Christmas.

This year I'm not sure if I am going to be able to do much or not...the chocolate itself from Switzerland (Callebaut) had severe issues last year. This year isn't exactly looking any better. And I use 22lbs every year. And usually another 5 lbs of white chocolate. Not including all the specialty liquors and dried cherries and nuts...I make them Whitman samplers look and taste stupid. And that doesn't even cover all the gingerbread houses.

But it's October...and as soon as it begins to get cool I might try to begin to assemble all the stuff. That should be in a couple of weeks.

I wouldn't mind having one of those...
Silly me! You can still buy those Hobart mixers. They were typically floor-standing. The countertop ones were rare. You can still buy one for only $4,800!

I make over a thousand cookies and a thousand pieces of candy every Christmas.
How do I get on your Christmas list?! :SMILEW~130:

Not including all the specialty liquors and dried cherries and nuts...
Oh the pain . . . the pain . . .

Forum List

Back