Voting at 16.

Majority of House Democrats and one Republican voted in favor of lowering the voting age to 16 it did not pass. This seems like more than a slightly insane idea to me it’s been a long time since I was 16 but I do remember I did not follow politics or know enough about life outside of high school to be voting and I doubt very many today do either.
Majority of House Democrats vote in favor of lowering voting age to 16 - 1010 WCSI

I followed politics at 16. I also followed 16-year-olds at 16. I would not have given us the vote then.

As a group they are far less informed now. I would never give them the vote.

The Democrats would work them like ventriloquists. Remember David Hogg? What a foggy little boy.

Majority of House Democrats and one Republican voted in favor of lowering the voting age to 16 it did not pass. This seems like more than a slightly insane idea to me it’s been a long time since I was 16 but I do remember I did not follow politics or know enough about life outside of high school to be voting and I doubt very many today do either.
Majority of House Democrats vote in favor of lowering voting age to 16 - 1010 WCSI
If the Voters become 16 can they end up voting that at 16 they could drink alcohol and purchase weapons? I mean if there are more 16 year olds they could end up being the majority voters.....

At 16 kids are just that. Kids. They don't care about politics or who the POTUS is and they sure don't care about elections.

Another dumb ass move by Democrat imbeciles.

I don’t know...I always think of this:

The West Wing is fiction

What if the criterion for voting is not age related at all, but a function of your AGI and the taxes you pay?

If you are earning money and paying taxes, you likely have at least some cognitive ability to make voting decisions. An entrepreneurial whiz kid at 14? Child actor? Step right up and cast your vote. The sub-18 voters will be few and far between.

If you are older and only have social security, pension, and investment income, you have paid your dues and, by the way, are still paying taxes. Please come in, and thank you for your service.

Of standard working age (18 - 65) and too lazy, drug addicted, or mentally deficient to hold a job or think straight? Come back when you are a contributor to society, not a taker.

Basing the ability to vote solely on age is what has gotten us into this ridiculous system where politicians pander to the gullible and young for votes; people "harvest" votes from the poor and infirm; and the unwashed masses are having way too much influences on elections.

If you persist in wanting to just set a voting age because it's easier, make it 25. At least the human brain is about completely formed by this time.

Forum List

Back